Throw Away Your Trash!!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Bright Scouter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Throw Away Your Trash!!

Post by Bright Scouter » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:25 am

Alas, I am too much of a goody two shoes. I resisted the urge to remind them, but I didn't take them either. I would suppose one of the CMs working the restaurant would pick them up when they cleaned the table and would get them to them by the end of the tour. Unfortunately.

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:10 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Thats a karma thing and should not be disrupted!

hehehehhee
Oh, I agree! Do not disrupt Karma while working. Ja, Ja, Ja!
Bright Scouter wrote:Alas, I am too much of a goody two shoes. I resisted the urge to remind them, but I didn't take them either. I would suppose one of the CMs working the restaurant would pick them up when they cleaned the table and would get them to them by the end of the tour. Unfortunately.
No, no, no have faith in Karma while it does their magic. Have faith that the cast member cleaned it up without looking and was on it's way to trashville when they realize they needed the cards. :wink:

Double T
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Double T » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:38 am

You think that's bad?

Yeah, you know those tales of people changing diapers on the Subs and leaving them there when they leave?

Yep. True.

At least it was wrapped, and not laying open.

T

"You know Explorers...I have people ask me all the time how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years, and I tell them to just take a look..."
"They're covered with mussels."

Honda Enoch
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Honda Enoch » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:00 pm

So you follow them around and pick up all their trash, the make it into a tree and leave in in their car... Like the commercial. :D:

"You know me. I'm that little voice inside that tells you..."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:51 pm

In Camp Snoopy at Knotts, they have this statute of a bear with his paws wrapped around an old-fashioned beehive. When you pass by, he says "Hello--do you have any paper for me to eat" And when you put your trash into the hole in the beehive, you hear chewing noises, and the bear "Says, "Ohhhh, that was soooo good...." One day when I worked there, I saw a parent and his little boy tearing up a popcorn box and feeding it, bit by bit, into the hole, just so the little boy could hear the bear over and over again. It was so cute....

Hey, there's an idea! Make one for every table, themed to Disney characters, so guests will look forward to throwing their trash away! Seriously, people seem to cooperate more when the trash can talks to them. Especially if they have kids. If they don't appreciate it, or think it's stupid, well, then, they shouldn't be in the parks, because they will never have a good time! :D:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:13 am

felinefan wrote:If they don't appreciate it, or think it's stupid, well, then, they shouldn't be in the parks, because they will never have a good time!
Exactly! :cool:

Smile.Like.You.Mean.It
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Smile.Like.You.Mean.It » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 pm

I work at Mania over in DCA and as you know we have the 3-D glasses for our attraction. Well as you exit we have these trashcan looking things with a picture of the glasses and a little arrow pointing down on top of them, you'd think they'd get the hint right? I guess SGs don't see everyone else dropping their glasses in the bins and decide that 'hey, these look like conveniently placed trashcans!'

We of course later collect these glasses and count them for cleaning. So, guess who gets to wade through trash/glasses? :thumbdn: Yeah, not so fun.

SG: "Excuse me, do you work here?"
Me: looking down at obvious costume/nametag while standing in front of attraction with similar theme. "Uh, yeah."
:oweye: i thought that question was just a myth!!

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Smile.Like.You.Mean.It wrote:I work at Mania over in DCA and as you know we have the 3-D glasses for our attraction. Well as you exit we have these trashcan looking things with a picture of the glasses and a little arrow pointing down on top of them, you'd think they'd get the hint right? I guess SGs don't see everyone else dropping their glasses in the bins and decide that 'hey, these look like conveniently placed trashcans!'

We of course later collect these glasses and count them for cleaning. So, guess who gets to wade through trash/glasses? :thumbdn: Yeah, not so fun.
I know how you feel. I used to work at HISTA, the same thing happens there, guests mistaken the receptacles for trash cans. Even when there's a sign that states, "Please place 3D glasses here!"

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Captain C
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Captain C » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:48 pm

OH MY GOD! I HATE THIS SORT OF THING SO MUCH!!! I remember seeing trash in Snow White's well in front of the Snow White's Scary Adventures ride. I was so pissed!

WHAT, NO MICKEY MOUSE? WHAT KIND OF PARTY IS THIS?
Stupid guests are why adults aren't allowed in Neverland

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Captain C wrote:OH MY GOD! I HATE THIS SORT OF THING SO MUCH!!! I remember seeing trash in Snow White's well in front of the Snow White's Scary Adventures ride. I was so pissed!
I'm wishing for.... HEY, get your damn crap out of my well!

Corey