"...but I have little ones!"

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: "...but I have little ones!"

Post by Princess Susi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:16 pm

I don't have kids. I can sleep in all I want on vacation, whether I am at DL, WDW or Cancun. I don't HAVE to get up if I don't want to! I like to sleep in or swim and go to the Parks later. All the families with the screaming kids are there in the morning at the buttcrack of dawn for ropedrop because they HAVE kids that have to be at the Park early! hehehe...I get to enjoy the quiet of the resort in the AM and swim in a fairly empty pool early (I like to swim in the morning, sometimes I will forego sleeping in, so I can swim when the pool opens. At some non-Disney hotels that is 6AM!!!)

I love an early morning swim when no one else is around except those of us who do laps and like the peace and quiet of a kidless pool and then when they all come back to swim in the afternoon I go to the Parks. A good strategy for me!

And you know, sometimes it is difficult to take little ones really far. They will start screaming and get tired and hungry and destroy the peace around everyone else. So it may not just be a fat ass who does not want to walk, but someone with kids who have already been all over the place and they truly cannot make it another foot. That can happen too as much as your theory of the fat ass not wanting to walk. Could be either one, right?
The Princess

Princess Susi

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:06 pm

From the perspective of a fat ass (although losing weight, go me!) with two little ones, yes, sometimes it can be too far for the 3 year old to walk, and she is getting too big to carry all over the place. That said, I don't mind walking, even as a fat ass, and I have this cool invention some of you may have heard of, called a stroller! It has wheels, and I can put her in it and push her around. It even has a small area to carry stuff below her! Her sister also has one of these. She is easier to carry though, so I don't mind so much.

Please, don't lump all of us fat asses into the same category. We don't do it to you skinny, non-eaters :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:21 pm

Little Ones??
How many will say, I got some big fat ones and they can't waddle that far...

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:33 pm

ktulu wrote:From the perspective of a fat ass (although losing weight, go me!) with two little ones, yes, sometimes it can be too far for the 3 year old to walk, and she is getting too big to carry all over the place. That said, I don't mind walking, even as a fat ass, and I have this cool invention some of you may have heard of, called a stroller! It has wheels, and I can put her in it and push her around. It even has a small area to carry stuff below her! Her sister also has one of these. She is easier to carry though, so I don't mind so much.

Please, don't lump all of us fat asses into the same category. We don't do it to you skinny, non-eaters :D:
[font="Palatino Linotype"]well said! before i was an ap we would get there at least 30 min. before the park opened (back then they would let you in as far as the rope at the end of main st.) and we'd be there until that last hour main st. would be open (the hour past the rest of the park closing)...we did this even when our kids were babies...we had strollers too...either we'd bring our own or we'd rent them (but they were a different design of stroller...these ones actually had the back of the seats that leaned back and the foot part lifted up...and they had a basket for stuff too)...so whether i was fat or thin (and i've been both) we'd walk all over dl...all day...we'd wait in lines (pick one and get in it...they're ALL long - no fast passes back then)...at the end of the day (and when dl opened at 8am and closed at 1am it was a looonnnnggggg day) we'd do what i affectionately called the "disneyland shuffle"...where it hurt to even lift your foot off the ground - never mind putting it back down on the ground...and by the age of 4 our kids were all walking along with us, no more strollers - HOORAY!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!
[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:34 pm

ktulu wrote:Please, don't lump all of us fat asses into the same category. We don't do it to you skinny, non-eaters :D:
Not to your faces, at least. :p:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) wrote:[font="Palatino Linotype"]well said! before i was an ap we would get there at least 30 min. before the park opened (back then they would let you in as far as the rope at the end of main st.) and we'd be there until that last hour main st. would be open (the hour past the rest of the park closing)...we did this even when our kids were babies...we had strollers too...either we'd bring our own or we'd rent them (but they were a different design of stroller...these ones actually had the back of the seats that leaned back and the foot part lifted up...and they had a basket for stuff too)...so whether i was fat or thin (and i've been both) we'd walk all over dl...all day...we'd wait in lines (pick one and get in it...they're ALL long - no fast passes back then)...at the end of the day (and when dl opened at 8am and closed at 1am it was a looonnnnggggg day) we'd do what i affectionately called the "disneyland shuffle"...where it hurt to even lift your foot off the ground - never mind putting it back down on the ground...and by the age of 4 our kids were all walking along with us, no more strollers - HOORAY!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!
[/font]
I remember those days with my Dad. None of this have a hotel and take a break crap. Back in those days the "commando" planners/people had NOTHING on us! That's right, no fast pass, and we did all the rides at least twice! It makes me tired just thinking about it...
BRWombat wrote:Not to your faces, at least. :p:
;)

As far as my weight loss goes, I have the best way to do it, pm me for details ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Wait untill guests are so fat the rides need a WEIGHT limit.
sorry sir, we can only load 3 tons at a time, please wait behind the rope.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:04 pm

drcorey wrote:Wait untill guests are so fat the rides need a WEIGHT limit.

Guess what? LOL

They already do! Most coasters and flumes have had
them for years. That might explain the "we need you
all to step out and go in a different (log/rocket/boat)
you may have experienced.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Well, My wait limit is usually about an hour if there are no fast passes, then I just go somewhere else for an attraction, as I can always come back later.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:56 pm

ktulu wrote:From the perspective of a fat ass (although losing weight, go me!) with two little ones, yes, sometimes it can be too far for the 3 year old to walk, and she is getting too big to carry all over the place. That said, I don't mind walking, even as a fat ass, and I have this cool invention some of you may have heard of, called a stroller! It has wheels, and I can put her in it and push her around. It even has a small area to carry stuff below her! Her sister also has one of these. She is easier to carry though, so I don't mind so much.

Yay! Another fat ass who does not like to walk too far either, just to the churro cart! LOL :hysteria: just kidding...
drcorey wrote:Little Ones??
How many will say, I got some big fat ones and they can't waddle that far...
LOLOLOLOLOL... :hysteria:
ktulu wrote:As far as my weight loss goes, I have the best way to do it, pm me for details ;)
My way works really well too. Eat less and move around more!
drcorey wrote:Wait untill guests are so fat the rides need a WEIGHT limit.
OINK! OINK! heeheehee

Princess *Fat Ass, but getting smaller like Ktulus* Susi