Not so Scary Halloween for adults too?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Not so Scary Halloween for adults too?

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:56 am

We've only been with the kids, but dressed up both times. I got a couple of mock turtleneck white shirts from lands end and ironed on DH and my names on the front with those black letters you can get at the craft store. Add a pair of jeans and a pair of mouse ears each and instant Mouseketeers. And is helps that both our names are sort of Mouseketeerish. We got lots of nice comments from the cast memebers.

acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by acourtwdw » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:47 am

My sister and I (both in our late 30's) went last year. I was Underdog and she was a black cat. I saw go for it and have a great time :)

Aurora317
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Aurora317 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:04 pm

GaTechGal wrote:We've only been with the kids, but dressed up both times. I got a couple of mock turtleneck white shirts from lands end and ironed on DH and my names on the front with those black letters you can get at the craft store. Add a pair of jeans and a pair of mouse ears each and instant Mouseketeers. And is helps that both our names are sort of Mouseketeerish. We got lots of nice comments from the cast memebers.
I love this idea! I'll going to my first MNSSHP this Oct and I've been at a complete loss as to what I'll dress up as. This just jumped into first place!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Aurora317 wrote:I love this idea! I'll going to my first MNSSHP this Oct and I've been at a complete loss as to what I'll dress up as. This just jumped into first place!
Don't forget the "saddle shoes"

(And Welcome to SGT!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

accioetoile
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by accioetoile » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm totally planning on going as Ariel. My friend is making me a pink Ariel dress and everything.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:31 pm

I know three women from Chicago who come to MNSSHP about every two yaers and their costumes are all same same each time: Flora, Fauna and Merriweather. And their builds are correct for the characters.

Aurora317
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Aurora317 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:22 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote: (And Welcome to SGT!!)
Thanks! I've been lurking for the past month or so, and finally decided to join in on the fun. :-)

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:49 pm

My neighbor, who is in her 70s, sews. Every year she and her DH go in their very elaborate Mickey and Minnie get-ups. It's a riot!

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Mystic
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mystic » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:51 pm

cal2632 wrote:Looking for a CM or someone who has expericenced Mickey's NSSH party first hand to offer sage advice. 2 middle aged women, neither with kids, wonder if it would be appropriate to dress up and attend the party or if it would be frowned on for adults who are, of couse, kids at heart.

Thanks!
My friend and I attended MNSSHP for the first time last year. We're both over the age of 18 (24 and 30 respectively) and we both dressed up for the party. We were in fact some of the only adult princesses (I was Cinderella and she was Belle) in attendance at the party. I say go for it. It doesn't matter how old you are, if you want to dress up and attend MNSSHP then go for it! :D:

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:26 pm

When my wife and I went last year, we both dressed up. We don't have any small children. I went in full firefighting turnout gear (liners removed so I would not cook myself) and my wife went as a pirate princess (Arrrr)

No one said a word except to compliment us.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."