Please do not touch the Dinosaurs!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Please do not touch the Dinosaurs!

Post by BRWombat » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:08 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Because you watch too much. I say that as someone for whom the TV rarely comes on. The other night, I turned it on and found the commercials to be unbelieveably bad, because I hadn't seen commercials in a long time.

That was just watching the news. And what was up with all the male news anchors wearing pink ties? Talk about standing out on screen... Geez, the weather guy looked like he was being abducted by aliens, complete with the light shining down on him!
Commercials? What are these "commercials" you speak of?

TV is infinitely better with a DVR. :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:14 pm

HAHAHA! I just want to point out that at the bottom of this thread, where is says, "Similar Threads" my old thread showing how excited I was about the Dinosaurs is there. Click here.
felinefan wrote:The only problem with signs is that people don't read them, or fail to take them seriously....

..... Face it, people today have no respect for rules anymore. They're all a bunch of overgrown spoiled brats.
Everyone I work with says the same thing! And obviously I know, thus I agree. Well, tomorrow I go back in. And I was asked to come from school to DE every Monday to pick up a shift from 12-closing. I'll be by myself :aliens: , fun. So yea, we'll see if I can keep my cool tomorrow (I have to, I'll be at tacoboy's park tomorrow night :p ).

-Dainan

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:19 pm

BRWombat wrote:Commercials? What are these "commercials" you speak of?

TV is infinitely better with a DVR. :)
I second that, it's so bad for me that if I watch, 'live' tv (which I rarely do) when the commercial comes on I pause it, do something else for awhile and then go back to the tv, sometimes I just read a book for a bit.

The only commercials I wanna watch are the ones with people from an acting troupe I know are in (wow, that sentence doesn't really make sense does it, well you all probably know what I'm trying to say)

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:07 pm

There are very few commercials out there that I find are good anymore.

Though one of my favorites is in Southwest Airline's "Wanna Get Away?" series of commercials, the one with the guy showing off his Wii-like gaming console, tells his friend to "throw a pitch, just like a real baseball", and the friend hucks the controller into the flatpanel TV, smashing it... :D:

There's quite a few clever commercials from that series. (The woman who gets something in her eye at the airport comes to mind)

-Rob

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:19 am

lady ulrike wrote:I second that, it's so bad for me that if I watch, 'live' tv (which I rarely do) when the commercial comes on I pause it, do something else for awhile and then go back to the tv, sometimes I just read a book for a bit....
I've gotten so used to it, I've found myself trying to "back up" live radio to catch something I missed!! :o:
Rob562 wrote:There are very few commercials out there that I find are good anymore.

Though one of my favorites is in Southwest Airline's "Wanna Get Away?" series of commercials, the one with the guy showing off his Wii-like gaming console, tells his friend to "throw a pitch, just like a real baseball", and the friend hucks the controller into the flatpanel TV, smashing it... :D:

There's quite a few clever commercials from that series. (The woman who gets something in her eye at the airport comes to mind)

-Rob
Seen the one with the guy getting up his nerves to tell a girl he loves her, only to have her blurt "I'm engaged!" at the same time? That guy is from my church, does a lot of live drama, and is hilarious. He created the commercial for a nationwide contest and won it.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:01 am

BRWombat wrote:I've gotten so used to it, I've found myself trying to "back up" live radio to catch something I missed!! :o:

I've done this also....constantly. :)

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:30 am

Rob562 wrote:There are very few commercials out there that I find are good anymore.

-Rob
The best one's in my mind are the Frontier Airline commercials with all the animals talking. Frontier is based out of Denver, so I don't think they run the ads anywhere else, but they are hilarious. They may have them on the Frontier Airline website. Grizz the Bear, Jack the Jackrabbit, Flip the dolphin and a few other really cute characters that all talk about Frontier. Frontier has the animals on the tail of the Airplane. You get a different animal every plane. And in the commercials the planes are parked ay the airport and the animals on the planes' tails are having conversations with each other. Cool ads. :cool:
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:50 pm

BRWombat wrote:I've gotten so used to it, I've found myself trying to "back up" live radio to catch something I missed!! :o:
Get satellite radio. I have a Sirius "Starmate" radio and you can do just that, pause, rewind, etc. (see the buttons next to "memo")

Plus, it looks groovy..

(see the buttons next to "memo", those are the ff, rewind and pause buttons)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:45 pm

JugglingFreak wrote:Get satellite radio. I have a Sirius "Starmate" radio and you can do just that, pause, rewind, etc. ...
Nah, I'm too cheap.

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:28 am

Well...the past three days there has been no music, and I've been in there four hours at a time, and I'm going slowly insane! But, I don't yell as much. I just be polite and then yell :oweye:

One of the Jr Docents (my good friend Mandy) made this yesterday. I figured I'd share. And yes, that's me with the blood and scratchs on my face. It was for our Spooktacular event's attraction, The Lantern Walk. But I laughed so hard when I saw this.

I think I shall post a bulletin I posted on MySpace from two days ago:
I'm sick of f***ing Dinosaur Encounter, I want my f***ing animals back! But noooooooo, we are understaffed so we have to be there every day! Yes, I am willing to do it weekdays, that's fine. But I miss taking my animals out and when it gets too crowded in there, and I'm by myself I get nervous and then I usually just go to the exit and open the door and just stand there for a minute. If you are reading this rant, you seriously should give your self a pat on the back. But seriously, I love my dinos, but I've had too much. I miss my fire skink! I want to go back to the Reptile Wing. At least we are getting a new audio system, let's hope it gets put in before December.

Oh, and to the Docents (old people) who complain about the music. SHUT THE **** UP! It drives me crazy sitting in there for hours listening to the roars, squeeky noises and compressed air. Seriously, thanks to you guys I get to sit through that now. Of course, the days I go as a guest the music is f***ing on! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! **** YOU!

Okay...so I'm a little aggrivated right now, don't take me seriously.

-Dainan "Please do not touch the dinosaurs" <Last Name>
...I wasn't in a good mood :pleasdie: