Oh no...my parents are SGs.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Oh no...my parents are SGs.

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:58 am

[quote="Goofyernmost"]Would that have been before or after he died?
:confused: :p: ]Unless I read everything wrong, it was one of the things Walt wanted at the Florida Project. Much of what was done with TTC and MK was in honor of his wishes.

Honestly, if I had it my way, all the resort buses would go to TTC instead of MK, so that everyone has to use the monorail or ferry.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:44 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Honestly, if I had it my way, all the resort buses would go to TTC instead of MK, so that everyone has to use the monorail or ferry.
I heartily agree. It's just always seemed wrong that MK has a bus stop right outside the main gate.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:09 pm

BRWombat wrote:I heartily agree. It's just always seemed wrong that MK has a bus stop right outside the main gate.

[font=Palatino Linotype]you'd HATE disneyland then...there's only a tram...and you can actually walk in if you want to...but once inside the gates and under the railroad bridge i take a deep breath and i've left the outside world OUTSIDE...(sigh) DISNEYLAND AWAITS...i can even hear it calling to me now...and i'm 45 miles away..with no bubbles...and no elyse...she's in santa ana (10 minutes from disneyland... SIGH)...i think i'll go have a cig and add some pics to the myspace page ( :bat: bats day :bat: , ya know) [/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:57 pm

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) wrote:[font=Palatino Linotype]you'd HATE disneyland then...there's only a tram...and you can actually walk in if you want to...but once inside the gates and under the railroad bridge i take a deep breath and i've left the outside world OUTSIDE...(sigh) DISNEYLAND AWAITS...i can even hear it calling to me now...and i'm 45 miles away..with no bubbles...and no elyse...she's in santa ana (10 minutes from disneyland... SIGH)...i think i'll go have a cig and add some pics to the myspace page ( :bat: bats day :bat: , ya know) [/font]
Heh. Yeah right I'd hate DL!!!! :eek: Actually, I have been there & love it. I just meant it's bothersome that WDW would put bus stops so close, breaking that magical buffer between "worlds," when they had other options. Walt did good in California to finance what initial land and construction he did, so he couldn't have built the buffer zone there. Florida has the capability today to drop people off at the TTC.

Of course, it bugs me to some degree even to have buses at all as the primary transportation at WDW. Monorails & boats are pretty special, magical even. Buses, not so much. (Unless Cranbiz or Wallaby are spieling, of course!)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:50 pm

That's why I like staying at WL, take the boat to MK :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:07 am

BRWombat wrote:Buses, not so much. (Unless Cranbiz or Wallaby are spieling, of course!)
Yeah, about that, what a day. I had a guest want my name so they could complain about me for some reason... they never did make it clear. I think it was because I packed the bus too full. Never mind that they were at the back of the bus and couldn't have known. But then the wife came up, started shouting at me, even said I was crazy. With other guests on board.

One of the guests, after I pulled away, said something to the effect of that being how they would be if they were in the middle of a colonoscopy sans anesthetic.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:08 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Yeah, about that, what a day. I had a guest want my name so they could complain about me for some reason... they never did make it clear. I think it was because I packed the bus too full. Never mind that they were at the back of the bus and couldn't have known. But then the wife came up, started shouting at me, even said I was crazy. With other guests on board.

One of the guests, after I pulled away, said something to the effect of that being how they would be if they were in the middle of a colonoscopy sans anesthetic.
Wouldn't have been at the Poly would it??????

I have had serious issues with guests at the Poly the last 2 days.

Wall, you have the patience of a saint. I would have called for a manager and security to have them thrown them off the bus.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:14 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Honestly, if I had it my way, all the resort buses would go to TTC instead of MK, so that everyone has to use the monorail or ferry.

NOOOOO!!!!!

We have enough problems with guests and buses now. Imagine if all buses (WDW and charters) were together.

SG: Driver, how come you did not stop at the Quality Inn?
Me: Sir, you are on the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus, the Quality Inn bus was at slot 43 in row 4.
SG: ???????
Me: Sir, WDW resort buses are in row 5, outside charters start in row 4.
SG: This is where the bus let me off.
Me: Grrrr.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:39 am

Cranbiz wrote:SG: Driver, how come you did not stop at the Quality Inn?
Me: Sir, you are on the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus, the Quality Inn bus was at slot 43 in row 4.
SG: ???????
Me: Sir, WDW resort buses are in row 5, outside charters start in row 4.
SG: This is where the bus let me off.
Me: Grrrr.
Touche. Of course, I think charter buses should have to park off property and have their people brought in on our buses... If I never saw another charter bus on property, I would rejoice. So that's how we fix that.

And as far as patience with the lady calling me crazy, it was more of a stunned silence.

Oh, shortly before this couple, I had a (huge, thirty or so) Brazillian family on, but they could understand English. I got done with my safety spiel, and suddenly I hear timed clapping. I look up in my mirror at them, wondering what the heck is going on (Didn't yet realize they were Brazillian). Then, to the clapping, I hear, "Driver! Driver! Rah! Rah! Rah!"

So there IS hope for Brazillians... They were quiet and respectful when I spoke, and then cheered and laughed after each joke.

And before you ask how I know they were Brazillian, I asked.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:56 am

Couldn't you swim ?