Names that you have been called...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:07 pm

BRWombat wrote:(I'm resisting the urge to break into "It's a Small World.")
Resist hard, please!

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:36 am

Resistance is futile!

wazowski
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wazowski » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:55 am

'meanie'

and not from a little kid.

children under the height limit must sit with a parent, and this man's son was too short.

my response: 'we are committed to the safety of our guests here at disneyland and I'm sorry if this inconveniences you'

his response: 'whatever'

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:30 am

i can't repeat most of the things i've been called, except jerk, and "that mean man." i only deserved a none of them, sorry for not getting fired for incompotence. Though some people when they're mad at me at least refer to me as a gentleman, probly becuse i call them sir or miss, but anyway.

Gimme some soft serve!

writerevie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Names that you have been called...

Post by writerevie » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Bumping up a super old thread here, but when I was at Disneyland last week, I kept calling the Fantasmic! GCs "the bumblebee people." No offense, but I can't understand what bumblebees have to do with Fantasmic. At least I made a CM laugh. She overheard me asking my sis why Disney makes them dress up like bumblebees, laughed and repeated what I said to her fellow coworker. And no, I would never call any of you GC CMs that to make fun of you! :D:

And when I worked at a bank, wearing a nametag, mind you, I was always referred to as "that really tall Asian girl." So stupid people apparently are everywhere. When customers got angry, "that really tall, rude Asian girl who's too stupid to know that wah wah wah wah...."

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:30 am

Stduck wrote:a guest said to his wife "Doesn't she remind you of Casey?" I looked at them a little puzzled. Ok if I remind you of someone you know say it when your away from me.
Alright: I know this is a way old post on a way old thread to be responding to it (it's not my fault, I'm not the one who revived the thread!) but I did just want to point something out to be fair to stupid guests:

Does anyone here know anything about Jewish mothers? Well, mine's an AP and she's actually a pretty sweet old lady with two bad knees who goes to WDW mostly to sit there and watch people and shop occaisionally... But her favorite thing is talking to CM's. Since all CM's are clean-cut and a lot of them are in their 20's, if it's a male and he's nice and polite, then it's probable she'll give them the highest compliment a Jewish mom can give: 'You remind me of my son!' (The good news is that she's an educated SG, so after she gives the underhanded compliment, she's probably on her way to town hall to give the lucky CM a written compliment)

**On a side note that fits on this thread: a guest was just checking into my hotel a minute ago and said they had been quoted a lower price on a better type of room than what their res. was for. When I said I was really sorry, but there's nothing I can do about it (There is stuff I can do about it, but my big-boss made the res, so I know the guy is blowing smoke) he asked to speak to the manager on duty. I said 'You're already talking to him' and for the rest of the encounter he called me 'Mr. Manager' with as much sneer in his voice as he could muster. I'm just thinking 'Hey, dude: it's not my fault that you're unhappy with your station in life, probably hadn't managed a pile of shit by the time you were my age and can only afford to stay in crappy hotels like this one...' :twisted: But what I said was: 'Alright, so here are your room keys, you have an excellent evening sir!' :D:

WLStephanie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by WLStephanie » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:55 am

Kwahati wrote: **On a side note that fits on this thread: a guest was just checking into my hotel a minute ago and said they had been quoted a lower price on a better type of room than what their res. was for. When I said I was really sorry, but there's nothing I can do about it (There is stuff I can do about it, but my big-boss made the res, so I know the guy is blowing smoke) he asked to speak to the manager on duty. I said 'You're already talking to him' and for the rest of the encounter he called me 'Mr. Manager' with as much sneer in his voice as he could muster. I'm just thinking 'Hey, dude: it's not my fault that you're unhappy with your station in life, probably hadn't managed a pile of shit by the time you were my age and can only afford to stay in crappy hotels like this one...' :twisted: But what I said was: 'Alright, so here are your room keys, you have an excellent evening sir!' :D:

HEY! If your "location" is correct, then don't pick on our resort! It has it's flaws (like it's more than 10 years old and starting to fall apart/leak), but I still think that it's one of the coolest on property. :eek:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:01 pm

If he was quoted a better price, why didn't he BOOK it??!! Oy.

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:11 am

o Big Fake Cowboy
o Power Tripper (after I informed a guest I would be measuring his child).
o Snapping fingers (Which works for dogs, but not this CM)

shorty1219
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by shorty1219 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:15 am

My favorite that I got called was "Mr. Disneyland Person." She was the last guest in my store, and her son bought a cheepy light up sword. She didn't get 200 ft away when she came back and vocally screeched while waving the sword under the curtain "Excuse me Mr. Disneyland Person, my son broke the sword." Whatever, I replaced it. Not 30 seconds later she was back with another broken sword. "Excuse me Mr. Disneyland Person, this one's broken too." (The boy was sword fighting with trash cans.) I reluctantly replaced that one and told them I was closing. That shrill voice still haunts me.

~[font=Comic Sans MS]Rebel Justin[/font]~

[font=Tahoma]It started with a mouse...it ended with management.[/font]
[font=Arial]CM Tenure: 1/11/2003-5/30/2006[/font]