Party crashers.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Party crashers.

Post by Tinker Bell » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:05 am

I have heard of this in several occasions and it never ceases to amaze me the kind of example that people show their kids with their actions.

A fellow attendant caught a family that pick up candy, met characters and saw the parade and fireworks without paying for the party. I have heard guest complaining about this and I understand that the park is trying to tackle this problem. Still it just amazes me that the people still think it's acceptable to do this. What kind of example do they think they teaching their children? Getting something you didn't pay for, is call stealing. I don't care how expensive they think Disney is, or how money they payed to get to Disney. I object to the principle of what you are teaching your children with your actions. Fifteen years from now when your child is caught sneaking to a place or stealing something, think back on that night and the lesson you taught that night to your children.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Party crashers.

Post by darph nader » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:00 am

A definite sad state of affairs. They figured with today's economy,they could justify it. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 am

When my friend and I went to see a movie at AMC. There were security guards at each area where the theaters were. They were checking tickets and making sure that the SG were not sneaking into other theaters to see free movies that they did not pay for. We saw "Where the Wild Things Are." If you see the movie, bring klenex.

Now for those who snuck in for free, BOO!!!! I went to MNSOHP and had to pay. It was on Sunday and it was crowded. I want to know how they got past security and the extra management? When we went, security was lined up around the cast members scanning the guests into the park.

At DL there is allot of security in the park and surrounding outside areas. I have heard of the SG jumping the fences to get in also. They call it rabbits.
I have seen SG trying to jump the turn styles at the front gate to get in and getting caught. Pay for your ticket, get in properly and have fun. Nope! Jump the turn style, get caught by security and get escourted away by police. Have a nice magical day!!! :twisted:

Moonliner
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Moonliner » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:59 pm

In most cases those party crashers were there earlier and just did not leave when the park closed. I refused a family to get pictures with a character I was attending because they did not have wristbands. They complained and I told them their turn was during the day before the park closed. If I had a radio I would have called security. But like you said - what are they teaching their kids.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:18 am

When we were at MNSSHP in line for the Tremaine sisters, the attendant asked a father and child to leave. Now granted it was right as the party was scheduled to begin, so they may not have realized it, but the attendant was very straight forward in telling them that the park was closed to day guests and that they would have to leave.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:50 am

I have seen SG sitting at the tables at Plaza Inn. There was a hard close because of a private party. The SG claimied that their family was on Space Mountain and they were waiting for their group. SG try to give out excuses that just don't work. :eek:

mickeyjohn
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by mickeyjohn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:50 am

When the park closes are guests aloud to shop in the shops on Main Street? Or do guests have to leav the park right away? :confused:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:11 am

mickeyjohn wrote:When the park closes are guests aloud to shop in the shops on Main Street? Or do guests have to leav the park right away? :confused:
On party nights the park closes promptly at 7:00. This includes all of the shops. We close all the doors but one or two and put cast members on the open ones to check wrist bands. No wrist band no entry.

We have to do this, otherwise it would be too easy for day guests to hide out in a shop until after the clearing crew has come through checking wrist bands on the street.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:39 pm

On Saturday there was a new smow on the Mark Twain Boat. Tiana's Showboat Jubilee! Did anyone catch this besides me? I believe it is from The Princess and the Frog movie. While seeing the Pirates and the Carribean area fill up with guests, a bunch of SG tried to push their way onto the boat before the show started. Security did show them the way to get off the boat, they turned around the SG and told them to walk off. :eek:

The show keeps me thinking of New Orleans. I kept on seeing in my mind a dude eating a big plate of spicy crawfish. :)

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:24 pm

turkeyham wrote:On Saturday there was a new smow on the Mark Twain Boat. Tiana's Showboat Jubilee! Did anyone catch this besides me? I believe it is from The Princess and the Frog movie. While seeing the Pirates and the Carribean area fill up with guests, a bunch of SG tried to push their way onto the boat before the show started. Security did show them the way to get off the boat, they turned around the SG and told them to walk off. :eek:

The show keeps me thinking of New Orleans. I kept on seeing in my mind a dude eating a big plate of spicy crawfish. :)
We have that show here and I watched part of it the other day. Princess Tiana and friends have a procession from her meet-&-greet area behind The Christmas Shop to the Lily Belle's dock. From there they get onboard, the Lily Belle steams down to the curve closest to Splash Mountain (right by the Tom Sawyer Island Raft docks, which switch over to their alternate docks for the show) where they perform 5 songs from Princess and the Frog. I watched the part on the boat and Tuesday I'll try to catch the procession part of the show which I could only catch at a distance.

The show is being performed here three times a day until early January.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward