FT wait time in attractions?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Hawkeye Jennie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

FT wait time in attractions?

Post by Hawkeye Jennie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:54 am

Anyone know what the average wait for fulltime status in attractions is right now? I'm CR and frantic for FT since my hubby and baby son need medical coverage and we don't qualify for any government programs. Nor will any of the affordable self-bought plans accept my husband because of a pre-existing (but indiagnosed; it was still being investigated when our old coverage ran out) heart issue. >.< I transfered to attractions in the last week of May in my search for FT...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: FT wait time in attractions?

Post by Zazu » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Your question might be easier to answer if we knew which park you were asking about.

I'm just sayin'....

Zazu

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:56 pm

I believe she is DLR

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Have you looked into CareCredit? They aren't insurance, but a way to make payments on procedures. They cover not only medical, but dental, vision--including LASIK--and even veterinary. You need to have a medical provider who's a member, but there's a resource on the site, http://www.carecredit.com , to talk your provider into accepting CareCredit. Explore the site thoroughly; they have a search function for a participating health care provider in your area, as well as telling you whether your doctor, etc., is a member.

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:22 pm

It really all depends on Labor Demand and turnover.

Attractions generally has one of the higher turnover rates, but with the way things are at the moment, anything goes.

As a Master Services Cast Member, however, you do have the option to apply for FT positions in other Master Services Lines of Business. You'll be at the very bottom of the list to be considered (after FTs wanting to transfer roles and CRs in that LOB wanting to go FT), but at least it's something.

When there are Master Services FT Openings, Cast Scheduling will post signs resort-wide to let everyone know. Generally (when I left), they all had the Fairy Godmother motif going on, lol.

EDIT: Just checked. There are Master Services FT openings right now for both Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park Night Custodial. You can obtain an application from the Cast Scheduling module on The Hub or the Cast Scheduling office in Old Admin. Complete it and return it to Cast Scheduling Schedule Planning.

And they still have the Fairy Godmother motif. Plus ça change.... :p: