Dear SGs, Deodorant is NOT Optional! Just Back With A Lot oF SGTs!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
igotodisneytoomuch
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Dear SGs, Deodorant is NOT Optional! Just Back With A Lot oF SGTs!

Post by igotodisneytoomuch » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:39 pm

1. Deodorant isn't optional.

Title kind of explains it but I just spent Sept 18-Oct 2 in the World and I could not tell you how many times there was a strong BO smell coming from SGs... I mean really, deodorant isn't optional- it's pretty much a daily event with or without shower, especially when you sweat more in the wonderful September humid heat.

:rolleyes:

2. Refillable mugs.

I mean really? Their like $13 but it's "too much" to spend after spending thousands on vacation so you reuse the old ones? At the Electric Umbrella? There's frugal and CHEAPass... using last years mug is definitely in the latter.

3. "I'm not folding up the stroller, she's sleeping!!!"

SGdad was refusing to wake his daughter up and take her out of the stroller to fold it up and taking it on the bus. It said on the side of the bus how it's unlawful to ride with an opened up stroller. The CM looked like he wanted to punch the guy, props to him that he didn't because I may have. Eventually SG complied.

4. Another transportation SGT:

While waiting at the AKL bus stop to go to Epcot, a SG who arrived at the bus stop the same time I did was annoyed about how long the Epcot bus took to get there (it had been not even 10 minutes). Up comes a MK and they said, let's take that bus and take the monorail, this is taking forever... because THAT would take LESS time????????? Hm, we waited 2 extra minutes for the 10 minute bus ride. They rode the bus for 25 minutes to MK, walked from the bus stop to the monorail stop, transfered at the TTC and probably arrived at Epcot well over an hour later. :confused:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Dear SGs, Deodorant is NOT Optional! Just Back With A Lot oF SGTs!

Post by drcorey » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:59 pm

igotodisneytoomuch wrote:1. Deodorant isn't optional.

Title kind of explains it but I just spent Sept 18-Oct 2 in the World and I could not tell you how many times there was a strong BO smell coming from SGs... I mean really, deodorant isn't optional- it's pretty much a daily event with or without shower, especially when you sweat more in the wonderful September humid heat.

:rolleyes:

2. Refillable mugs.

I mean really? Their like $13 but it's "too much" to spend after spending thousands on vacation so you reuse the old ones? At the Electric Umbrella? There's frugal and CHEAPass... using last years mug is definitely in the latter.

3. "I'm not folding up the stroller, she's sleeping!!!"

SGdad was refusing to wake his daughter up and take her out of the stroller to fold it up and taking it on the bus. It said on the side of the bus how it's unlawful to ride with an opened up stroller. The CM looked like he wanted to punch the guy, props to him that he didn't because I may have. Eventually SG complied.

4. Another transportation SGT:

While waiting at the AKL bus stop to go to Epcot, a SG who arrived at the bus stop the same time I did was annoyed about how long the Epcot bus took to get there (it had been not even 10 minutes). Up comes a MK and they said, let's take that bus and take the monorail, this is taking forever... because THAT would take LESS time????????? Hm, we waited 2 extra minutes for the 10 minute bus ride. They rode the bus for 25 minutes to MK, walked from the bus stop to the monorail stop, transfered at the TTC and probably arrived at Epcot well over an hour later. :confused:
Ray Stevens said it all with this: http://stbenedictcatholic.org/music/dsong.mp3

Corey

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:26 pm

I just ran into #1 recently myself. Was at Universal doing Rip Ride Rockit in the singles line. Went to get into my seat just as the guy before me was exiting, and forget the darned deodorant. I don't think he had ever taken a bath in his life! Heck, better smelling things have come out of my horse's rear end in both solid and gas forms.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:38 am

Syndrome wrote:...Heck, better smelling things have come out of my horse's rear end in both solid and gas forms.
You have a lovely way with words, Syndrome! :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:49 pm

I have two words for you:

French Subway.

just.... never go there.

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:54 pm

smart1hermione wrote:I have two words for you:

French Subway.

just.... never go there.
No kidding. And you wonder where the idea for Pepe le Pew came from.

"When you are a skunk, you learn how to hold your breath for a long time."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:44 pm

Syndrome wrote:I just ran into #1 recently myself. Was at Universal doing Rip Ride Rockit in the singles line. Went to get into my seat just as the guy before me was exiting, and forget the darned deodorant. I don't think he had ever taken a bath in his life! Heck, better smelling things have come out of my horse's rear end in both solid and gas forms.
I hear ya... Was just at Universal last week, and I couldn't wait to move beyond the pre-show holding room for Disaster... Someone in my immediate viscinity REALLY needed to deodorant.

And while I understand sometimes toward the end of a hot day deodorant effectiveness can diminish, this was at about 11:30AM... Yeesh!

-Rob

sarbah77
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by sarbah77 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:43 am

I was at a concert, recently, in seats... and the boy next to me not only didn't use deoderant but hadn't bathed recently. Man, I wasn't sure there was a difference until I was next to him. It was RANK.

I was lucky that I hadn't noticed in Disney, but I guess the concert I was at attracts a lot of the socially inept people (*innocent whistle*). I guess I shouldn't have been to surprised.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 am

sarbah77 wrote:I was at a concert, recently, in seats... and the boy next to me not only didn't use deoderant but hadn't bathed recently. Man, I wasn't sure there was a difference until I was next to him. It was RANK.

I was lucky that I hadn't noticed in Disney, but I guess the concert I was at attracts a lot of the socially inept people (*innocent whistle*). I guess I shouldn't have been to surprised.
he was showing his disdane for the system, and not bowing to the man and using his products that ensalve the masses to the governments mind control.

(you notice that these types NEVER seem to have a girlfriend...or even friends!)

hehehehheheee

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:50 pm

I can see the SG approaching the bag check area and a special dog. You bags are checked, next comes the deoderant dog. He sniffs you. If he pants, you are wearing it properly. If he has a hissy fit, you have to purchase a stick and then apply it. If you fail to do so, you can not come in.

I am coming to WDW in 2 weeks. I hope not to come across a gross smelly guest. Knowing me, there will be allot.