relocating

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

relocating

Post by crystal_crtr » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:18 am

So my husband and I have decided that we have had enough of the state that we live in and have decided to relocate to somewhere else. His current place of interest is FL, preferably in the Orlando area. He has put in an application with Disney and will put in applications with the other amusement parks, because he said that he would like to get a job at one. So my question is: What areas around Orlando are the most affordable to live in? We are also looking for a safe area because we have an 8 year old. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: relocating

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:51 am

Clermont and Davenport are pretty nice... Clermont if you have cellular service with AT&T, as Davenport is one big black hole with them. Clermont, especially the southern part, is near Disney, has nice houses going for nice prices.

You also have the Winter Garden area, but I can't speak too much about there as I don't live there and never actually looked in that area.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by crystal_crtr » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Wallaby I was asked by my husband to ask you how did you get your job in Monorails? After we went to WDW May 2008 he has been fascinated with the Monorails and would really like to have a job doing that. He said it is his new dream job. :)

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney[/font]

MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MyLittleAngels » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 pm

I can't possibly imagine why you're fed up with living in Louisiana. :rolleyes:

My family relocated from New Orleans last summer, and we're enjoying Florida very much. We live in Winter Garden, which is lovely. Some older areas, some newer, and most of the schools have great test scores. I'd suggest avoiding the East side of Orlando, and if you're going to consider Clermont, check into the school test scores before deciding on an area - they have some good schools, some poor. Windermere is lovely, albiet expensive.

I'd definitely suggest having a job lined up before you move.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Okay, I know y'all will say I'm crazy, but what about Celebration? No, it wasn't affordable at the height of the real estate bubble, but now that it has burst there are tons of foreclosures and short sales. It might be more affordable than you think and it's relatively safe (at least as far as Florida goes).

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:44 pm

US? Say you're crazy? NEVER. Wouldn't even think of it. :D:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Does Celebration have any good deals on hotels? I am coming out there next month and we are trying to find the nice places. What can you tell me? :)