Grad Nights

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
missmez
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Grad Nights

Post by missmez » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:14 pm

Anyone ever get schedule for an afterhours grad night within 6 hours of finishing a day shift? Thats a surreal experience, let me tell you.

We wants the redhead!

Scream162
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Scream162 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:58 am

Or better yet... working a Grad Nite and then being scheduled for another shift exactly 8 hours after you got off of the Grad Nite shift... :shock:

-Chris
Haunted Mansion/Pirates CM

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Grad Nights

Post by GMC » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:52 am

missmez wrote:Anyone ever get schedule for an afterhours grad night within 6 hours of finishing a day shift? Thats a surreal experience, let me tell you.
did you get your OT for it, or was there a loophole.

Gimme some soft serve!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:41 am

That should be double back....

I got that once for a mistake in a shift change that shouldn't have gone through that did. I had a 6 hour turn around. Marc was all "WHO APPROVED THIS?!" It was good times. Leaving at 11pm to be back at the park at 5:30am yeah we were SO awake for training at Pooh.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Tara_Lee3
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

grad nights

Post by Tara_Lee3 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:01 pm

Scream162 wrote:Or better yet... working a Grad Nite and then being scheduled for another shift exactly 8 hours after you got off of the Grad Nite shift... :shock:
They pulled that 8 hour turn around on me almost weekly as a CP. Except with the CP shuttle system taking an hour to get home and an hour to get back I really only got about 4 hours of sleep. And, no, I didn't get any sort of over time. CP's get paid $6 an hour only. No wonder CP stands for Constantly Poor :!:

"How much are the mugs? Well the 13 large signs at eye level all say the mugs are $12.99.. so I'm gonna go with that."

Jungle Vanessa
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jungle Vanessa » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:01 pm

The most fun is when you come into work at 7:30 am to work a normal shift and staying until about 4:30 am then coming back in 7 hrs later....lets just say I didn't sleep much at all that night.

Today's post has been brought to you by Little Mermaid fish sticks....
Nothing say lovin' like mermaid in the oven.

Favorite current Quote from Coordinator Josh...
"Vanessa you are a Human CDS."
(kinda scary huh?)

DLRPMANIAC
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

it cannot happen at DLP

Post by DLRPMANIAC » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:09 am

In France, it cannot happen as by law there must be eleven hours between shifts
So if youfinish at midnight on sunday you cannot re-work before 11.00am on monday
at least this way, because it is the law management cannot be pushy... and it also avoid car accident because you would fall asleep in your car being too tired!!!

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:46 am

Yeah the law here is 8 hours minimum, and believe me they will schedule you exactly 8 hours. If you have any less time between shifts you get double time (or is it time and a half?).

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:54 am

probly "and a half"

Gimme some soft serve!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:36 am

You know it's going to be a long day when you put on your shoes and they're still warm.