What have attractions been called?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:58 am

I am down the street from you guys and I always loved this one-

Guest-"Where's hong kong?"
Employee-"Well, maam, it's a small country recently returned to china by England."
Guest-"No, no, I mean Hong Kong the Ride."
Employee-(realizing what the guest meant was KING KONG)-"Whoops, sorry maam, KING Kong is our New York Section. (Employee gives directions and guest walks off, telling her kids they're going to Hong Kong)

Of course, this is just one example-I've heard, Ron Kong, Ding Kong, Constipation and my personal favorite-Confirmation.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

AllisonY2K
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by AllisonY2K » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:29 am

that ride where they tell the stupid jokes
hey! don't knock it b/c it's true!
If I ever make it out there, I'll ask where the "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Fruit" ride is. :wink:

Christopher
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Christopher » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:20 am

AllisonY2K wrote:"Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Fruit"
ROTFL!

Oh no, now I'm going to have that phrase going through my head! And that's because it will sound forever to me like the "forbidden fruit" it's referring to is the plague of rude guests that have apparently frequented the Indiana Jones ride! :shock: Will I ever be able to think of the ride again without thinking of stupidguesttricks.com and giggling? :)

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:07 pm

Christopher wrote:
AllisonY2K wrote:"Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Fruit"
ROTFL!

Oh no, now I'm going to have that phrase going through my head! And that's because it will sound forever to me like the "forbidden fruit" it's referring to is the plague of rude guests that have apparently frequented the Indiana Jones ride! :shock: Will I ever be able to think of the ride again without thinking of stupidguesttricks.com and giggling? :)
Never

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

thrillriderbabs
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: What have attractions been called?

Post by thrillriderbabs » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:53 pm

leftcoaster wrote:So what's the big deal about calling a attraction something close to what the name actually is?

Fast Track, the Limo ride, Pirates, the auto/car ride, the big ball, the large golf ball - BIG DEAL.

Some guests are not Disney experts, nor Disney-aholics.

Do you know every part in your car? Or do you tell the mechanic 'this doohicky is broke?'

I do agree though that "Where is the Spiderman ride?", "Why did you move the Hulk coaster?" or "My kid wants to get picture with Tweety." is ridiculus, but messing up a name slightly is no reason to think that guests shouldn't be allowed to enter a Disney theme park.
Yes I agree but you should at least try to pronounce it before you ask a stupid question like guests do most of the time. I don't know how many times i've been asked where is Fantasia or Fasmantica!!! I mean now seriously, just try and read the freakin guide map and pronounce the words like you did in freakin preschool. Even the first time I went to Universal I didn't mispronounce a thing because I looked at the actual map and tried to sound it out first like people who grow up here do. It just irritates me also when people in the studios used to ask where the haunted mansion of terror was, i mean good god man. I agree with the car but you also don't have a guidemap of your car detailing every little thing and how it's pronounced so you really can't compare the two.

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:46 pm

I've gotten alot of wierd ones here in the parks @ WDW.
Some of my personal Favorites:
EPCOT:
Where's the ride with the lesbian? (Universe of Energy)
Where's the dolphin and whale show at? (Well at sea world...would you be wanting the living seas?)
Is this the ride with Pigment? (Journey into imagination w/ Figment)
Where is the wheelchair entrance for the Vegetables? (Land boatride)
What floor do I go to to catch the monorail (Again the Land pavillion...NOT HERE!)

Magic Kingdom:
Will the Barney show be playing today in Fantasyland? (No!)
WHere can I find that show with Mickey? (Narrowed it down to Philharmagic)
Which way to Splashthunder Mountain?
Where is a good place to view Fantasmic...Frontierland or New Orleans Square? (Well I would suggest the Disney/MGM studios since thats where the shows at...We have New Orleans Square???? ;) )
Where is Utopia? (when you find it please come back and take me with you!)

Animal Kingdom:
Where is the Jungle Show? (Never found out what they were looking for...We had at the time the Maharajah's Jungle Trek, Jungle Book Show, Lion King Show...more than likely the were looking for the safaris...as everyone was)
Is this the Safari (at Countdown to Extinction)?
Is this the safari (at the Boneyard)?
Is this the safari (Tough to be a bug)
Is this the safari (Camp Minnie Mickey)
IS THIS THE SAFARI (no this is the Rainforest Cafe)?
WHeres countdown to execution? (CTX-Dinosaur)

Studios: (Disney-MGM not Universal...sadly, only we know that!)
Ive been looking for Jaws for hours but I can find it! (you wont)
Why did you take out King Kong (Guest standing at the Library Facade pulling on fake front doors)? Universal wanted it back
Where is star cars? (star tours, backlot tour, or superstars and motorcars parade?)
WHere is the Star Jones attraction? (My personal favorite) My response: Are you looking for the ride the show or the diva ma'am?
WHere is the Drew Barrymore thing (Drew Carry Sounds Dangerous)

The best had to be working unload at Rock'nRollercoaster in its opening year, Bear in the big blue house had also opened and was at Soundstage 5, a lady and her grandson got off the ride after a 90 minute wait and she demanded why no one had told her that this wasnt Bear in the Big Blue house! Our coaster is housed in Soundstage 15 oops.

HERE'S YOUR MAP

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:29 pm

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:Where is the wheelchair entrance for the Vegetables? (Land boatride)
I'm sure I'll pay some day for the very politically incorrect things this makes me think, but dang, that's funny.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

daddytomjm
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by daddytomjm » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:12 pm

A few weeks ago I heard a guest refer to Spaceship Earth as that great big ball thing.

Magic and Miracles at www.MJsSpot.com :fairy:

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:03 am

BRWombat wrote:I'm sure I'll pay some day for the very politically incorrect things this makes me think, but dang, that's funny.
I did too, it was hard not to laugh in thier face...I pay for it daily..lol

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:17 am

thrillriderbabs wrote:Yes I agree but you should at least try to pronounce it before you ask a stupid question like guests do most of the time. I don't know how many times i've been asked where is Fantasia or Fasmantica!!! I mean now seriously, just try and read the freakin guide map and pronounce the words like you did in freakin preschool. Even the first time I went to Universal I didn't mispronounce a thing because I looked at the actual map and tried to sound it out first like people who grow up here do. It just irritates me also when people in the studios used to ask where the haunted mansion of terror was, i mean good god man. I agree with the car but you also don't have a guidemap of your car detailing every little thing and how it's pronounced so you really can't compare the two.
Whoa! Talk about thread resurrection.

Yes, I agree. But nowadays, I don't think they are teaching "fun with phonics" anymore. (Are they? :confused :)

I'd also bet that many guests are going by what friends told them. "You have to see Fantasia!" THEN add to that what you said, that many don't actually grab a guidemap before/when they come through the gates, and they wander around the park(s) in a daze with saucer-plate eyes. They have NO IDEA where they are going, what they are doing, what they WANT to do. Most likely, their screamers (kids) have also heard from their friends about what things to ride, so they say aloud, "I wanna go on 'the car ride,' ET, see the whales, and meet Mickey!" So mommy and daddy go trudging around the park, and when they can't find ET, they go and ask you, "Where is ET?" :p: Or later in the evening (remember they were drinking wine, and socializing with their friends), they want to see a showing of "Fantasia," and they can't find the theater, so they ask you.

Regarding the car: Have you ever read the manual for your car? True it does not tell you the intricate workings of your transmission, but if you own a car, I feel it's your responsibility to at least learn some basics. Especially the maintaince schedule... when to change the oil, transmission fluid, etc. It's also a good idea to learn how to change a tire, and how to properly jump start your car. A friend of mine also puts a dab of white out on the dash over each gauge, showing the "normal" mark. That way, he can see at a glance if something is 'off.'

Also, as I said before, when you have a problem with your car, do you go to the shop and say "the dohickey is not working?"

NOTE: I am NOT siding with the guests. I am simply pointing out what I feel is the problem. As I said before, asking where the Jaws ride is, when is the next Shamu show, etc is just plain STUPID.