The Brand New, Shiny Random Chat Thread

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: The Brand New, Shiny Random Chat Thread

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:38 pm

It IS good to be back. Thanks, for the heads up on the ADD thread.

I will have pics from the trip soon.
We have a cruise planned for September 12th. A seven day Eastern Caribbean. I am looking forward to it. Can't wait as a matter of fact.

Nothing new on selling the money pit. Markets are so bad, a house here in our neighborhood that was worth 1.4 mil just sold for $500,000 We cannot take that big of a hit. So we wait. and wait. We may put it on the market in Spring 2010 to see what we can find. I so want to move away from here. It is so bad for my health.
I go in for another MRI tomorrow. We will find out what is wrong with my back still. It still has way too much pain to live with and I want then to take it away. If they can....

We will be at WDW next Spring since we are not going to be moving there yet. Our annual trip will take place, we probably won't be there for a month though. I want to stay at the Polynesian again or the Animal Kingdom Lodge (never stayed at that resort yet) and go back to Seaworld. We only had one day at Seaworld. I missed out on the shows. We had backstage dinner with Shamu. If you are thinking of ever trying it, don't. You don't get to see the show, Believe, very well. You have to watch it on a screen backstage and you get very little time with Shamu in the lagoon behind the main stage. I loved the Park though. Marine mammals are my favorites!

We did get in the water with the Beluga Whales. 53 degree water which was heaven for me, as I was suffering a major hot flash that lasted about two hours. It helped cool me down a bit. Those Belugas are awesome. They are so sweet. I loved that interaction.

And remember, Beluga caviar comes from Beluga Sturgeon, not Beluga Whales because the whales don't lay eggs right? They are mammals and give live birth.

We went back to Disncovery Cove and swam with the dolphins. We also danced to the caribbean band they had there. No one else was dancing, but we did. We are just old hippies and love to move to a beat! :)

The cruise was the best part beside meeting Zazu and SWMBO. Everyone should take a Disney cruise and everyone should try to meet Zazu if they get to WDW. He is a national treasure. :)

I will try to get more pics loaded and get them posted. I took over 4000 images. I will be deleting some of them. I just like to try to get the best shot possible, so I take enough that at least one will be a great shot!
They will be coming up and I will have a nightshirt pic to share as usual. When does Ralphie NOT wear his nightshirt? Never.

Good to be back. I missed everyone. I was just taking a vacation from posting at websites. Sometimes it is good to get away from posting too much on the internet. I was doing a lot of reading and resting. My back still hurts like a bitch!

The Princess In her rolling throne (only on the very worst days)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Susi,

The price of housing is relative; prices may be down to the same level where you want to move. Take a look, do the math, and you may be able to do the deal.

Plus, you can get a loan for a smaller amount if needed and get a tax write off. Find a CPA with a sharp pencil.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Susi,

Here's a motivator to come to Fruity Drink Land.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... y+dropping

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.