GAC abuse

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Re: GAC abuse

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:59 am

I was driving a Concourse to EPCOT trip on the monorail one evening… I had a grandmother with her Grand-daughter on one side of me and a mom and daughter on the other. The mom, who had never been to Disney, asked me if their was any tip on how to get the most of their trip.. I started to explain fast passes to her when the Grand Mother ( not related ) told her of these wonderful things called GAC cards that Disney gives out to people with “disabilities”… she further went on to tell her that she goes to GR all the time to get them and just tells them that their grand daughter has “insert condition” and they write her a “golden ticket”….

I about hit the E-Stop when I heard her say that…. I should have made her walk the plank… her grand child was not disabled in any way…

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:I was driving a Concourse to EPCOT trip on the monorail one evening… I had a grandmother with her Grand-daughter on one side of me and a mom and daughter on the other. The mom, who had never been to Disney, asked me if their was any tip on how to get the most of their trip.. I started to explain fast passes to her when the Grand Mother ( not related ) told her of these wonderful things called GAC cards that Disney gives out to people with “disabilities”… she further went on to tell her that she goes to GR all the time to get them and just tells them that their grand daughter has “insert condition” and they write her a “golden ticket”….

I about hit the E-Stop when I heard her say that…. I should have made her walk the plank… her grand child was not disabled in any way…

The Doctor
Seems as good a time as any to practice an emergency evac of the cab.
Over water !
:twisted: Ladies First !! :twisted:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:37 pm

delsdad wrote:Seems as good a time as any to practice an emergency evac of the cab.
Over water !
:twisted: Ladies First !! :twisted:
That is cold.

I LIKE IT!

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:55 pm

delsdad wrote:Seems as good a time as any to practice an emergency evac of the cab.
Over water !
Women and children first!! (Hold the kid back)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 am

Doctor McKey wrote:I was driving a Concourse to EPCOT trip on the monorail one evening… I had a grandmother with her Grand-daughter on one side of me and a mom and daughter on the other. The mom, who had never been to Disney, asked me if their was any tip on how to get the most of their trip.. I started to explain fast passes to her when the Grand Mother ( not related ) told her of these wonderful things called GAC cards that Disney gives out to people with “disabilities”… she further went on to tell her that she goes to GR all the time to get them and just tells them that their grand daughter has “insert condition” and they write her a “golden ticket”….
Last time I overheard a guest giving that advice, I interrupted and explained, "The one problem with that plan is that if you're caught, and your child *doesn't* have a disability, you could get banned from Disney theme parks for the rest of your life!"

Suddenly one of the two parties decided to get out of the handicap waiting area and get in the regular line.

No guilt here. They cheat -- I lie. Just balancing the karma. :D:

Zazu

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:39 am

A few years ago me and my sister were in line for Pirates. There was a group of teenagers on the other side with one teen in a wheel chair. All teens jumped over the railing and jumped into a boat. When we were getting off the boat, security was waiting and the girls were escourted out of the park with Anaheim police. Yup, they were fakers and they stole the chair from another attraction. :mad:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 am

It's amazing how, in such a big park, word travels so fast. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:57 am

We went to DLR yesterday with my friend who needs a wheelchair. Despite it being the
most crowded I've seen it since Christmastime, the CMs who assisted us were
superb, especially the ones who carefully and cheerfully secured her chair on the little white bus there and the tram on the way back. We ended up going on one ride as we only stayed for a few hours, but I saw a lot of people (teenagers) who made me wonder about their disability. I heard one teenager on a phone saying, "He ran back to get us a wheelchair!" :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

SueOKW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SueOKW » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:41 pm

thanks for all the nice compliments - - i love that picture too. it was a super special moment that i'll never forget.

I am going to start using that line about "banned for life" whenever I can - it's a good one.

Don't let the nut jobs bring you down! :)

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:17 pm

I admit that when I take my son to Disneyland in July, I may get one. He is autistic, but I always gauge if we will need it on certain things or not.

He can wait a little while without getting frustrated, so I don't use it unless absolutely necessary.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^