Stupid Telephone Call

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Stupid Telephone Call

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Syndrome wrote: I've gotten some hateful stares...the most notable was last year, from a man wearing a "Marriage. One Man, One Women. Period." shirt, but neither he nor any of the others have ever verbally engaged me. Too bad...maybe they sense my South Side of Chicago attitude and see the glint of my razor tongue in the sunshine.

Maybe he was commenting on the effect of his spouse's hormonal moods swings on his marriage. :eek: The Period was important enough to list with the other factors,anyway! :D:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:It's also funny to watch the homophobic Cast Members. They are respectful, but you can tell they're uncomfortable and want nothing more than to get away. Especially when I start joking with people with "Bear Patrol" shirts or otherwise in front of them...
How can homophobes stand to work at Disney? There are a LOT of homosexual Cast Members. There are a few in my area, I know a few in Photopass, a few in Monorails and some in other areas. Entertainment is full of homosexuals. In my experience the vast majority of guys in Entertainment are very gay (the kind you can spot a mile away) and a number of the girls are too.
Syndrome wrote:Although I'm straight, I'm a big gay rights supporter due to a family situation coupled with having many gay/lesbian therapy clients and seeing the effects that homophobia have on them. I always wear my "Straight But Not Narrow" t-shirt on Gay Days at Disney, just hoping some bigot will dare to open their mouth so I can ream them a new butthole. I've gotten some hateful stares...the most notable was last year, from a man wearing a "Marriage. One Man, One Women. Period." shirt, but neither he nor any of the others have ever verbally engaged me. Too bad...maybe they sense my South Side of Chicago attitude and see the glint of my razor tongue in the sunshine.
I saw a t-shirt a gay couple was wearing I really liked (and I told them so too). "My gay marriage isn't going to affect your straight divorce."

I too am straight but a supporter of gay rights. Gays are just like everybody else except that they are attracted to the same gender instead of the opposite gender.

I'm going to have to think about getting a shirt like yours and I'd have to be sure to wear it if I ever have Gay Days off.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Our youngest daughter started going to a church youth group with some friends. She liked the kids but came home with a lot of questions about the rev's statements on a lot of social issues.

Her last meeting was when the rev stated that the Garden of Eden was not occupied by Adam and Steve. She came home and stated she wasn't going back.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:03 pm

hobie16 wrote:Our youngest daughter started going to a church youth group with some friends. She liked the kids but came home with a lot of questions about the rev's statements on a lot of social issues.

Her last meeting was when the rev stated that the Garden of Eden was not occupied by Adam and Steve. She came home and stated she wasn't going back.
Good for her. I do not see God damning someone to Hell for how He created them. I do not believe one chooses to be gay, one is born that way. I didn't choose to like women but I do, why would it be any different for a homosexual?

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I'm going to have to think about getting a shirt like yours and I'd have to be sure to wear it if I ever have Gay Days off.
You can get some great designs at Cafe Press: http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/straight-not-narrow

They have other supportive slogans that straight people can wear to show support. I've gotten plenty of thumbs-up and appreciative comments when I wear it...they far outweigh the nasty glares. I think it's important for straight people who support gay rights to be vocal about it so it offsets the perception that the majority is against it.

Personally I've always wondered why divorce lawyers aren't shouting from the rooftops in support of gay marriage. I've worked with many gay couples and other than being the same sex, their issues are pretty much identical to any other couple's problems. The lawyers would probably have another huge client base, LOL!

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:29 am

LittleDollClaudia wrote:My issue with these people is that it ONLY seems to be a problem with GAY DAYS?!?
Yeah. I had that thought several times.

If they knew how many gay people live around them, unless they're on an island and know everyone there, they'd probably have a heart attack.

My problem with these people, especially the ones coming from the Christian religion, is that they are unwilling to look past the title and see the fellow human being. If you want to get into the religious aspect, then I come down saying that Jesus saw the person, not the title. He saw the human being to love, not the sin to condemn.

To every Christian who comments on gays during Gay Days, I would love to have a copy of a book to give them. It's called The Shack. Very freeing book to read. It's nice when it's not your job to judge other people.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

SpeedFreak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SpeedFreak » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:59 am

I'm not gay, and would be disappointed if I had children who turned out to be gay. But I don't see why people would seek to deny them rights. Quite honestly, I don't care if two people of the same sex get married, I have too much going on in my life to try to dictate what other people should do. Stuff like schooling, housework, and telling guests what to do. :p: Quite honestly, if you go out of your way to try to deny homosexual people rights, you need to put in more hours at work to keep yourself occupied. And if you truly hate or fear them, chances are that you never have gotten to know one. Pretty much the same as having a straight friend, unless they are "recruiters" which are likely as annoying to me as people who say to gay people that they should be straight.

I honestly don't see why people can't leave well enough alone, there's much better ways to spend your time. :confused:

Stupidity is not a handicap, stand elsewhere.
Sarah Magdalene wrote:Needless to say, Mickey got pissed and had the bitch and her family expelled form the park.
Word to the wise: DON'T tick off the Boss.

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:02 am

Big Wallaby wrote:It's nice when it's not your job to judge other people.
Amen to that! It leaves you with so much extra time to devote to productive endeavors like art, philosophy, sciences or posting on SGT! (Which, arguably, is all three! :D :)

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

igotodisneytoomuch
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by igotodisneytoomuch » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:09 am

Syndrome wrote:Although I'm straight, I'm a big gay rights supporter due to a family situation coupled with having many gay/lesbian therapy clients and seeing the effects that homophobia have on them. I always wear my "Straight But Not Narrow" t-shirt on Gay Days at Disney, just hoping some bigot will dare to open their mouth so I can ream them a new butthole. I've gotten some hateful stares...the most notable was last year, from a man wearing a "Marriage. One Man, One Women. Period." shirt, but neither he nor any of the others have ever verbally engaged me. Too bad...maybe they sense my South Side of Chicago attitude and see the glint of my razor tongue in the sunshine.
I am with you, straigt but I have a lot of gay and lesbian friends. I often where my red "If it makes you happy" shirt that has a logo of a man & woman, woman & woman and man & man holding hands.

I love attracting the stares but really, what 22 year woman doesn't? ;)

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:36 am

Big Wallaby wrote:To every Christian who comments on gays during Gay Days, I would love to have a copy of a book to give them. It's called The Shack. Very freeing book to read.
My best friend read The Shack & couldn't stop extolling the wisdom & power she found. She Emd or called everyone & told them to buy The Shack. I have her copy right here & am reading it. My girlfriend isn't gay but because she is a singer/song writer she has the chance to hang out with many interesting talents & learn from all. Thanks BigWallaby for mentioning The Shack. A very fine read for anyone!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]