Jenny Craig must be rolling over in her grave

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:20 pm

Lilo wrote:But those people who are obese and get a jumbo supersized triple cheesebuger with extra fries, and think a diet coke will still help them loose weight ... that's absurd!
Yeah, those are the people that just make us cock our heads down, and shake them.

Don't even get me started on Atkins diets ... Here's a good rant about it.

http://www.illwillpress.com/vault.html

Click on the one that is titled "Fatkins Diet"

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown

screnwriter
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Not so unusual...

Post by screnwriter » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:22 pm

I've always been in good shape, tho I love ice cream and other goodies. I never order a soda with ice cream tho, but if I did, I'd order diet just becuase I acquired the taste for them years ago, :lol: and now can't stand regular sodas (except root beer and Squirt).

I saw an interesting LARGE guest last year. My wife and I got married in the park and in the morning we were having fun, going on rides. We were in the SAP line going into Pirates and ended up waiting for 45 minutes while no boat left the doc. Came to see (as people in front of us gave up and left in disgust) that a HUGELY fat woman was trying to get seated in a boat. I say TRYING, because she was so fat <chorus of "How fat was she?"> that her ass hit the top of the seat back, and her prodigeous belly hit the back of the seat IN FRONT OF HER, and she couldn't get any further down into the boat, and couldn't even touch the seat! After another 15 minutes of attempting to shoehorn this Hostess Ho-Ho hippo into the ride boat, they finally gave up and with the help of two construction derricks and Hercules himself, they hauled her 1.5 cubic acres of useless flesh out of the boat and back onto the dock.

The result? CHEERS FROM THE LOADING DOCK! THE GUESTS ALL DID A WAVE!!!

One would hope the shame of that encouraged her to diet...

Agent_Orange
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Diet Soda

Post by Agent_Orange » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:16 am

When the temperature of Aspartame exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. (Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants).

Metabolic acidosis for those of you that don't know, hampers the discharge of hydrogen, and you will gain more weight than if you drank regular cola.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:23 am

So that's why you gotta order diet coke with the super biggie wala bing bang. regular coke won't fat you fast enough.

in regards to the title of this thread... Is Jenny Craig in fact dead, or perhaps liying very still in her chose burial site...?

Gimme some soft serve!

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:37 am

But if you are a diabetic then you have no choice than to order the diet coke insted of the regular. Remember you don't know why somebody is ordering a diet soda.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:42 pm

It's true a diabetic does need diet soda, and being overweight can cause you to be diabetic, so that could be the reason.

But, on a side, yet related note. I was watching T.V. some show about all these people who had lost lots of weight. One of the ladies had gone to Disneyworld and couldn't fit in a lot of the rides (Rockin' Roller Coaster being one of them, I assume since she said something about a coaster that went upside down) So she decided it was time to lose weight so next time she'd be able to go on the rides. See, we're like a public service. :)

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:43 am

And just think....

All those calorically challenged people really just beat the disease called Anorexia.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Diet Soda

Post by BRWombat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:10 pm

Agent_Orange wrote:When the temperature of Aspartame exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. (Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants).

Metabolic acidosis for those of you that don't know, hampers the discharge of hydrogen, and you will gain more weight than if you drank regular cola.
Urban legend. See http://www.snopes.com/toxins/aspartame.asp.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Agent_Orange
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

aspertame

Post by Agent_Orange » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:45 pm

Hahaha thank god someone called me on that, I was wondering if you were going to accept such an outlandish tale.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: aspertame

Post by BRWombat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Agent_Orange wrote:Hahaha thank god someone called me on that, I was wondering if you were going to accept such an outlandish tale.
I had to wonder if you really bought that -- but then I've seen people fall for a lot dumber stories.

Honestly, I keep the Snopes website bookmarked because I have a relative who repeatedly needs fact-checking. He'll mass-forward one of these "informative" emails, I'll reply with the Snopes article debunking it, and he'll say sorry. But then not too long later, I'll get a new mass mailing from him. <Sigh>

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter