"Hay" isn't for horses anymore, it's to wake me up from a dead sleep

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Monorail Piglet
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

"Hay" isn't for horses anymore, it's to wake me up from a dead sleep

Post by Monorail Piglet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:32 pm

I'll do this SG moment in the form of a letter.

locaction of incident: On the load side of the express monorail at the TTC right before wishes went off.

Dear guest,

There are many ways to grab my attention. Usually the words or phrases as "excuse me" or "miss/ms", *waving your hand*, "hey you" or even comming out of the train and communicating with me....in a calm manner will usually get my attention. However, when you yell "HAY" (yes, sounded like that) loud enough to not only scare the crap out of me, but the CM also at the TTC resort side is not an apporiate way to get my attention. I'll grant you that I wasn't paying attention and probably should have. But when you refuse to use words and point at your kid in the wheelchair and yell "RAMP" is not the proper way to tell me what you want. Also, when I see you trying to get off of the monorail to get my attention again (after you see me walking towards you) and "rudely" demanding the ramp again is not also a correct way to request something you need.

Thus, the result of me comming over and saying "I'm sorry sir, this is the load zone only and I cannot assist you off the monorail. There is a cast member on the other side assisting other guests that also need the ramp and will be in your car shortly."

As soon as I said that, I saw the other CM putting down the ramp on their car.

Seriously though, if the guest was a little bit more nicer about the whole thing, I would've grab the ramp and let them off on the load side since there was very little guest flow going to the magic kingdom.

Kinda irks me that people think that all they have to do is be rude to a CM to get what they want....wait I see that everyday...maybe it is a good thing I'm going on vacation soon.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: "Hay" isn't for horses anymore, it's to wake me up from a dead sleep

Post by Syndrome » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Monorail Piglet wrote:But when you refuse to use words and point at your kid in the wheelchair and yell "RAMP" is not the proper way to tell me what you want.
When that happens, you just say slowly and clearly, "No, not ramp. That's a wheelchair. Wheeeeeeelchair."

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Monorail Piglet
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Monorail Piglet » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:29 am

Syndrome wrote:When that happens, you just say slowly and clearly, "No, not ramp. That's a wheelchair. Wheeeeeeelchair."
Now thinking about it, that's not a half bad idea. Sadly at the end of the night, I doubt the guests would get the joke. ;)

Rex
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Rex » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 am

Monorail Piglet wrote:Now thinking about it, that's not a half bad idea. Sadly at the end of the night, I doubt the guests would get the joke. ;)
Who'se to say that you can't do a joke that guests wouldn't understand?

I'd say go for it, my limited experience with guests doing something stupid...well, lets just say some of them could compete in the Darwin awards. . . . and win.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:48 am

One thing that pisses me off,is people who whistle at you. :mad: I just look around like I was looking for a lost dog,shrug my shoulders and keep going. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Lady Eeyore
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Lady Eeyore » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:35 pm

When someone yells HAY to me, I have always answered:

Hay is for horses,
grass is free,
buy a farm
and get all three

By the time they figure out what I have said, I am long gone, LOL. Always worked on my girls. Didn't take them too long to stop saying HAY.

:p:

Saint March
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Saint March » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 pm

The CMs are usually really good about radioing ahead and having the ramp ready in my experience. When it is REALLY busy (at closing) sometimes they don't get the message in the rush. When that happens I usually lean out the door, wave till they see me, and say "excuse me, we need the ramp please."

Generally that gets the job done just fine, without me coming off as a jerk :)

[font="Century Gothic"]Welcome aboard our highway in the sky. Our next stop is the Magic Kingdom.[/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 pm

I think the rudest thing a guest ever did while I was working at Knott's was when I was forced to work the H/C elevator at Ghostrider, and I was talking to another guest--information-seeking kind of talking. Anyway, as I was helping them locate what they were looking for, this Filapino lady comes up to the gate and uses her map to rap repeatedly on the gate to get my attention. In an imperious tone, she demanded to know where something was--I don't remember what either guest wanted--so I glared at her and told her to please wait until I was finished talking to this guest. I felt like telling her, "Listen lady, lose the superior attitude when talking to us Americans, because if it wasn't for us saving your bacon in WWII, you and everyone else in the Philippines would be speaking Japanese by now." Some people forget how grateful they should be for what we Americans have done for them....

No offense to anyone of Filipino extraction on here, BTW....

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:58 am

felinefan wrote: "Listen lady, lose the superior attitude when talking to us Americans, because if it wasn't for us saving your bacon in WWII, you and everyone else in the Philippines would be speaking Japanese by now." Some people forget how grateful they should be for what we Americans have done for them....

No offense to anyone of Filipino extraction on here, BTW....
As a pinay, I truly don't think that would be the correct thing to say those people of of the Filipino heritage because such a thing does not involve all Filipinos. It's like screaming NAZI in the face in the face of a German who just immigrated here. Yes, It's part of their historical past but didn't involve them personally.

I certainly hope you are not the kind of person you seem to make yourself out to be in this post. You say no offense, but dare say that I sense differently from how you put your words. I know very little about WWII and wonder in amusement why that would have anything to do with a lady simply being stupid.

... as for the Brazilian Tour groups and Cheerleaders ... :D:

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:25 am

Sarah Magdalene wrote:As a pinay, I truly don't think that would be the correct thing to say those people of of the Filipino heritage because such a thing does not involve all Filipinos. It's like screaming NAZI in the face in the face of a German who just immigrated here. Yes, It's part of their historical past but didn't involve them personally.
I certainly hope you are not the kind of person you seem to make yourself out to be in this post. You say no offense, but dare say that I sense differently from how you put your words. I know very little about WWII and wonder in amusement why that would have anything to do with a lady simply being stupid.

... as for the Brazilian Tour groups and Cheerleaders ... :D:

Ok... This got my blood boiling.... as to not ailenate myself from anyone from this board.. I will not be stepping up onto my soap box and giving everyone my opinion with both guns loaded. I am a passinate equal oppertunity offender and have and will say it like i see it.....

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...