When is the best time to go without rain

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Johnhost
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

When is the best time to go without rain

Post by Johnhost » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:13 pm

I reciently started working for an online travel company. And people are going to be asking me tons of WDW questions. And for my own FYI when is the time for least amount of rain, etc. I heard yesterday someone was at WDW and a twister touched down in the park...wee fun!

Let me know.

Just some Dude

haiderodes
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

rain

Post by haiderodes » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:41 pm

although it can rain at anytime, the rainy months tend to be during the summer (june - august). its then when daily thunderstorms pop up. torrential downpours seldomly last all day, but even if they do there are plenty of attractions that arent immediately effected by rain.

i think the nicest time of year for visiting is october -november and january into feb and march.

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:16 am

We didn't have a twister at WDW Friday.

The summer months are our most rainy ones. It also rains in the spring and fall, just not as much.

RebuildtheKingdom
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RebuildtheKingdom » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:12 am

My wife and I went during mid-august last year and you *don't* wanna go then. At 3:00 every day the skies opened up and dumped about 6 inches a rain. It was unbelievable. At one point I thought the ocean was gonna rise from all the rain and reclaim Florida! :wink: :lol:

Personally I've always enjoyed the week during and or after thanksgiving. The crowds seem to be failty light, and only a little grey weather. Zazu can probably give us the best idea though.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:49 pm

RebuildtheKingdom wrote:My wife and I went during mid-august last year and you *don't* wanna go then. At 3:00 every day the skies opened up and dumped about 6 inches a rain. It was unbelievable. At one point I thought the ocean was gonna rise from all the rain and reclaim Florida! :wink: :lol:

Personally I've always enjoyed the week during and or after thanksgiving. The crowds seem to be failty light, and only a little grey weather. Zazu can probably give us the best idea though.
Well, since you asked so nicely....

My favorite time is probably the first two weeks of December. Dry, Xmas decorations and shows are up, very few guests, thus short lines.

If you aren't moved by Xmas gorp, then try between the second weekend in January and Presidents Day weekend in February. Even dryer, not as high a chance of freezing, and the fewest guests of the year.

It sounds to me though that what you want to do is to check the Resort rate schedule, and visit any time it's "Value Season" but not "Hurricane Season" (June thru November).

Zazu

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:21 pm

First two weeks of December, yep that's when I'm going. Hotel booked, plane tickets bought, and even a decent amount of spending cash saved up. I'd like some more, but I still have about a month till I go.

Speaking of which, I'll be there Dec. 13-20 so if there are any WDW CMs who wanna let me know where they're at and we can meet, or even meet when you're off work and we can hang out or something, feel free to PM me. :)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: When is the best time to go without rain

Post by BRWombat » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:24 pm

Johnhost wrote:... And for my own FYI when is the time for least amount of rain, etc. ...
I've always found sunny days are the best for that. :lol:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter