Why do CMs allow FPs to be used "late"?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
belobog
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Why do CMs allow FPs to be used "late"?

Post by belobog » Fri May 01, 2009 12:33 am

Here's what someone wrote about using FPs after the "window":
""Officially" you have to use the FP within the 1 hour window. Most attractions at WDW however, do allow you to use it later as a courtesy. This is on a case by case basis, and is at the attractions discretion, however the only attraction that I am aware of who does tend to enforce the rule is Soarin', due to their extremely low ride capacity.

What I would recommend, if you are planning to use a FP outside of it's validity window, is to ask the CM at the attraction. All FP kiosks are staffed, and the CM there will be able to tell you the rule for that attraction."
If a CM accepts a "late" FP, doesn't that make it "official"?

TIA

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Why do CMs allow FPs to be used "late"?

Post by glendalais » Fri May 01, 2009 3:49 am

As part of providing the Legendary Guest Service that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is known for, Attractions Cast Members at the Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort are authorised to provide immediate Guest Service Recovery Solutions.

Among these Service Solutions, Cast Members are allowed, taking a wide variety of factors into account, to honour Disney's FastPass tickets which are presented past their return time.

However, please note that Disney's FastPass tickets are only valid on their date of issue. Cast Members should not accept tickets which have been issued on previous or future days.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Fri May 01, 2009 4:09 am

I swear I read that in a textbook somewhere.

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Fri May 01, 2009 4:18 am

glendalais wrote:As part of providing the Legendary Guest Service that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is known for, Attractions Cast Members at the Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort are authorised to provide immediate Guest Service Recovery Solutions.

Among these Service Solutions, Cast Members are allowed, taking a wide variety of factors into account, to honour Disney's FastPass tickets which are presented past their return time.

However, please note that Disney's FastPass tickets are only valid on their date of issue. Cast Members should not accept tickets which have been issued on previous or future days.
At DL's Indiana Jones, I have once used a FP from the year before + one of DLP's Indiana Jones ride. Just saying... :rolleyes: :D: :p: :twisted: :cool:

Dreaming of a great wide somewhere... They call it Disneyland
Accepting all kinds of indecent proposals to get into Club 33.
"We wants the redhead!" - I knew reds would have more fun :twisted:

frankw123
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by frankw123 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:29 am

We in the world in early May. We wnet on the COP and a cast member was urgiong people to fill all seat. During his talk, he urged the guests to use fast passes and then he mentioned that "Fast passes are good at any time during the day they were issued. Cast members will not prevent you from using your same day fast passes, never have, never will". This was a shock to those in my party. Is this true?

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Fri May 01, 2009 5:36 am

frankw123 wrote:We in the world in early May. We wnet on the COP and a cast member was urgiong people to fill all seat. During his talk, he urged the guests to use fast passes and then he mentioned that "Fast passes are good at any time during the day they were issued. Cast members will not prevent you from using your same day fast passes, never have, never will". This was a shock to those in my party. Is this true?
While Cast Members are empowered to honour Disney's FastPass tickets redeemed after their stated return time, they may not honour them before their stated return time.

Of course, Guests are highly encouraged and requested to return and use their Disney's FastPass tickets during the stated return time.

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Fri May 01, 2009 9:37 am

The fast pass system as is in its current use is a statistical tracking system amongst other things.

Those who have been trained in Operations are explained fast pass policies that state that Fast Passes are not valid untill after the first time stated in the hour block on the ticket. the ticket remains valid till the end of the operating day. The hour block was designed as a deturant for late arrivals on crowded days. With this said, on sell out days and days of high capacity the hour time frame can be enforced with no reprocussions.

In short.... The Disney suits made a policy that free's them of liability if a guest gets pissed off when they are late returning to an attraction on busy days and the CM's have been instructed to only allow the hour time frames and not late arrivals.

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri May 01, 2009 6:47 pm

One exception to CMs being able to accept Fastpasses late is when they are issued for shows, such as The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Once the show starts, all Fastpasses for that show are generally void. You can detect these because they have a far shorter window than FPs for "rides".

CMs can still let you into later shows at their discretion, but it's been my experience that they generally do not.

Zazu

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat May 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Think of it this way:
When you get a FP, it is holding a spot in a virtual line for you. At a certain time, you have gotten to the front of the line. It doesn't slow anything down or hurt if you stand off to the side once you are at the front of the line, as you already waited and a spot was given for you that you didn't use, putting the line ahead of schedule. Getting back in the line just puts everything back. Except for shows where they are holding a specific seat that cannot get filled if you are not there, as if there are 100 FP seats a show, they might give out 105 FPs, expecting 5% to not show. Then if you don't show in addition, they only use 99 of the seats and have no one to fill the empty one. You come late, they have already oversold the show and therefore don't have room for you.

Kurt

breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by breathless » Sun May 03, 2009 11:15 pm

The hubby and I went to MK on th 17th and we went straight back to Dumbo, after that we decided to go to Its a small world, as we were getting into line for that ride, a CM was handing out "Suprise" FP for Philharmagic with the time being 7:00 am-8:00am, but this was at 9:30am if not later, if we were not able to use them, why would they be giving them out? I think the idea of the FP is wonderful, we got them as often as we could. Toy Story Mainia was the hardest to get one for... but our second day we headed straight back to get one.

All it takes is faith trust and pixie dust... and Rock n' Roll!!!:jessica: