Famous Mexican Holiday

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Famous Mexican Holiday

Post by BRWombat » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Disneyguy85 wrote:Heh, yup, and you know what Disney says; There's so many things in life worth celebrating!
But... what will you celebrate?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:09 pm

mechurchlady wrote:Actually Cinco de Mayo is our Independence day and may you have a Happy Fourth of July.
Sorry churchy,but Mexico's Independence day is in mid Sept. Cinco de Mayo is the date when the Mexicans won a decisive battle against the French.
Years ago a couple of collage kids commented that they were going to celebrate the 'beaners' Independece day. I explained the same thing to them. They asked how I knew this,I told them I was married to a BEANER in a 'very' stern voice. They slinked out of the bar.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:36 pm

darph nader wrote:Sorry churchy,but Mexico's Independence day is in mid Sept. Cinco de Mayo is the date when the Mexicans won a decisive battle against the French.
Years ago a couple of collage kids commented that they were going to celebrate the 'beaners' Independece day. I explained the same thing to them. They asked how I knew this,I told them I was married to a BEANER in a 'very' stern voice. They slinked out of the bar.
They were probably lucky the "beaner" wasn't there to school them.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:56 pm

so, if a mexican becomes famous and rich, then loses it all,
does that then make them a hasbeaner? :D:

Corey

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:21 pm

BRWombat wrote:But... what will you celebrate?
My birthday! :D:

...And all those special moments in life...

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:23 am

BRWombat wrote:But... what will you celebrate?
BRWombat said the magic phrase! :D: And you all know what that means...

Let's see here, it has to be appropriate to the Celebration of this thread....

*Triggers Corbin Bleu*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaTHJfoPJA0

Es el momento de tu vida....
Tu no quieres que el se detenga aqui y ahora....
Hay tantas razones por las que....
Tu no quieres detenerte...
Es tu oportunidad, vivela....
Y cada cosa que tu hagas...
Celebralo (Oh, Oh)....
Celebralo (Oh, Oh)....

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 am

drcorey wrote:so, if a mexican becomes famous and rich, then loses it all,
does that then make them a hasbeaner? :D:
What is black and white and red all over? A XXX who was run over by offended people. Now that is a funny joke to me.

I will see you all next month and take my punishment. Can I take my ECV to the time out corneras it is so comfty.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:43 pm

I dare not use the N word about African Americans or post images denegrading them.

I dare not use the K word or denegrade Jews.

So why is it funny to make fun of hispanics? Beaner is an insult tantamount to the N word and thus I am going to fight this with my every breath. I hate racists jokes and yet this site is condoning such actions which are not typical of this site or of what CMs are about.

A guy posted my picture on the internet without my permission and was rude in his discription of the picture so I contacted the host and got it yanked.

Another dude posted on a board a picture of Sara Palin's head pasted on a nude woman and that got yanked.

I do not understand how it is ok to call us Hispanics beaners but we are not allowed to use the N word about African Americans.

I am asking nicely and can quote some scriptures to help people understand where I am coming from like "What you do onto the least of my bretheren you do onto me" which was said by Jesus. I am not doing that as I know you all are good souls and would denegrate other races.