Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by Purpura » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 am

I'll keep an eye out for you if I can Churchy, May be busy though... One of my hubby's friends is celebrating his bday tomorrow, and I'm signing the friend's wife in. Should be fun though :D
Have fun tomorrow, should I not see you at all. *hugs to the Churchlady*

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:27 pm

mechurchlady wrote:I will be in DCA and maybe DL tomorrow so be warned that I will have my ECV and am known to run over things. ...
Maybe the CM's will use this to their advantage. Now that they know you're coming, they can maneuver SG's into your path!!! :D:

Have a fun day, Laurie!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:16 pm

BRWombat wrote:Maybe the CM's will use this to their advantage. Now that they know you're coming, they can maneuver SG's into your path!!! :D:

Have a fun day, Laurie!
Hopefully thinning the gene pool/herd.
(I can see it now,dual turbo-charged ECV with built in tasers/stun guns.) :twisted:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Had the meeting this morning with all of Tech Services, HR & our supervisor.
The entire Tech Services Department is being laid off. Official letters from the City starting the process will arrive next week. Because of civil service rules, we may be moved to other locations in the City if they find something available for us. (Which may be difficult because our classification only exists at the convention center & city hall) So unless the management group operating the center has plans no one knows about, after July 25th, I will no longer be at the convention center. And if the City's HR department fails to place me in another job, I will no longer be a City employee.

:(

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Since the Convention Center cannot operate without people to do your job, it seems clear to me that they plan on outsourcing the work.

Find out who got that contract -- they're certain to be hiring, and you've pretty much got *proof* you can do the job.

Not that they'll pay enough, especially if you're vested with City benefits, but it may well be worth looking into.

Break a leg!

Zazu

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Zazu wrote: Find out who got that contract -- they're certain to be hiring, and you've pretty much got *proof* you can do the job.
Unless they outsource to India or Brazil, that's what happened to my husband's job. Sorry to hear that news, Techie, hope something good comes your way soon.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:07 pm

Another day, another fire alarm. This time it was in the Convention Center which is currently loaded to the rafters with beauticians. Yep, the Spring Beauty Show is here. I guess all of the folks who could hear the alarm left the building (which as one of my coworkers put it, we've been trained to do since kindergarten) but alot of the folks just kept on with shopping and watching demos. Fire Department would have just loved that, if they had seen it, but they were called off since it was a false alarm.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:36 am

darph nader wrote:Hopefully thinning the gene pool/herd.
(I can see it now,dual turbo-charged ECV with built in tasers/stun guns.) :twisted:
It goes really fast and I will be hunting for wazzups tomorrow and may even find me a CM from here. I used a security dude for a human pylon today and wonder when I will be kicked form parks lol.

I was too nice and hit the ECV in reverse as I tried to stop and veered left to avoid a brat. Tiller took me about 5 minutes to realign. I have yet to run over a kid but I am fed up with poor parenting in parks. Turn the kids loose to run free and see if the horsey, carts, ECVs and guests can stop on a flea.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:26 pm

techie-13 wrote:Another day, another fire alarm. This time it was in the Convention Center which is currently loaded to the rafters with beauticians. Yep, the Spring Beauty Show is here. I guess all of the folks who could hear the alarm left the building (which as one of my coworkers put it, we've been trained to do since kindergarten) but alot of the folks just kept on with shopping and watching demos. Fire Department would have just loved that, if they had seen it, but they were called off since it was a false alarm.

Think of all that hair spray igniting at once!!!!

hehehehee

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Jay who is a wonderful and loved higher level chef came to the welcome center and told me which of the fancy dinners would be best for gluten free. He asked me about pizza oom mow mow and I told him how I love their gf pizza so he wrote on my event guide for them to give em a free gluten free pizza. I just finished it now as I saved it as I was full from lunch. :D:

No last names but hispanic, handsome, and the ladies like him. He is doing the wine festival and was very nice and helpful. I am goind France if I can get it Friday.