Coming to Disneyland Apr 26-29th

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Coming to Disneyland Apr 26-29th

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 pm

Someone was late.
it took over 20 minutes to get my rice pasta with marinara sauce and I have no table manners so they were nice as I gulped down the meal, sigh.
Wazzup gave me a Minnie hankie to tie on to my ECV and I will use it in the decoarting somehow. THNAK YOU SO MUCH.
Lady Ulrike has the cutest kid who takes after dad it seems, FOOD, feed me momma feed me. Very adorable tyke with her pixie wings.
Wazzup was very nice as was her husband, sweet couple and I got to meet her grandsons and daughter in law and oh yeah her son. Very nice family.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm

We're baaaack. We had a great time at DL. Got to meet Churchy (thanks for your kind words, it was fun meeting you) and Lady Ulrike and her daughter (thanks for helping my family out with your CM bennies). Sure sorry we couldn't meet up with Glendalais (so sorry to screw up Pizza Rockett's Red Port :D: ) and DisneyMom (thanks for the heads up - no problem). Would have liked to meet a few more of you long-suffering CMs.

We were pleasantly surprised to find only a couple of SGs our entire visit - and those were people who stepped in front of us while we were trying to take pictures. I think we did the same thing ourselves to other guests a couple times, so can't really complain about it. Most people were friendly, helpful, and intent on having a good time.

We went to DL Hotel to tour the model of the Grand Californian DVC units and found out they were having a DVC social that afternoon so we stopped in and were given DVC ballcaps and some propaganda material. We watched the videos and answered some trivia questions and won a few prizes - a nice waterproof beach bag, a shoulder sling, and a DVC license plate for the front of our car. It was fun and we met a few other DVC members and shared our experiences.

We were on the go from "can see" to "can't see" and on into the evening hours and came home tired and footsore, but it was really worth it. Still didn't get to see everything we wanted to see. Might have to make another trip back there some day. The grandsons had a blast - we surprised them with this trip and they thought they were in San Diego (their Dad told them he was going to a conference there), and when we knocked on their hotel room door and they saw us, they thought they had flown to Florida (where we live). It took them all afternoon to figure out they were actually in Downtown Disney and that we were going to DL the next morning!

I do have a couple of negative comments: Every so often I'd get a whiff of sewer smell while strolling around DL. Are they having plumbing problems??
The lines were HORRENDOUS at times. A wait of 90 minutes at Small World at 7pm when the park closed at 8pm. Even lines for the monorail were so long it was quicker to walk back to the resort. Food prices were outrageously high. I thought prices at WDW were extravagant, but DL has them beat. I paid $17 for a chicken sandwich, fries and a drink. Exact same thing at the Houston airport cost $7, and you know airport prices are also high. Ouchie!

But, the weather was perfect, the parks were clean and well landscaped, and we were really sad to leave the sights, sounds and smells of Disney. Our room looked out over DTD and the fragrance of caramel corn and roasted nuts drifted up to us every time we opened the balcony door. Disney music played on the speakers 24 hours a day, the lights twinkling in the trees were never turned off, and it was fun greeting the morning and watching the early cast members on their way to work to create another magical day for visiting guests. Cast members - THANK YOU for making our stay so memorable.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 pm

So Glad you had a (mostly) lovely time and hoping there will be another chance to meet :)
Did you get to see the fireworks? ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat May 02, 2009 12:03 am

That is good that you had a fun time out at DL. I agree the stintch of the sewer smells can get to you. They are bad in Fantasyland and also up in Toontown near the ice cream cart.

When my sister and I stayed at the Grand Californian Resort we did get a room that was above the World of Disney. This was around Christmas time. There was blinking lights all over DTD and nice music in the evening. I am surprise that there was noisy people out there, but with the sliding door closed, it was very quiet. Hopefully we will go back to the hotel and do this again.

We plan to go back to WDW hopefully next year. We have a friend who works at Epcot. She and her hubby live behind the Magic Kingdom. If we go, we are staying with them. :)

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sat May 02, 2009 12:03 pm

DisneyMom wrote:So Glad you had a (mostly) lovely time and hoping there will be another chance to meet :)
Did you get to see the fireworks? ;)
We got to see the fireworks from our room balcony. Couldn't see the castle but enjoyed the fireworks and got some pictures.