Pour Pour Me!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Pour Pour Me!

Post by BRWombat » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:47 am

Poor Zazu, with wine dripping down your colorful plumage! Sorry for the mishap, but thanks for the laugh!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Noctourne Wonderland
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Noctourne Wonderland » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:43 pm

How long have you been getting wine on the cruise line, and when did the dysentry problems start, Ktulu? I need the whole story before I can judge. ;)

[font="Courier New"]You know that guy who cheers for the King of Hearts? That's me![/font] :kinghrts:

EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by EpcotFan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:04 am

Zazu wrote:Left to my own devices, sure. But I was sharing the wine with SWMBO, and she tends to Bogart the bottle.
Best laugh I've had all day Zazu! :D:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Poor Zazu! I can't see why they didn't either a.) turn the wine glasses upside down or b.) wrap them in something easier to see. But the last time I was on a ship was 1966, and it was a family cruise to/from Australia--actually from; we went to Australia six months before, in '65--so what do I know. Hope you let them know about this. No tip for them!

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am

Sorry for the mishap there Zazu!
In my experiences traveling abroad the wine glasses are always topped with plastic wrap. I've been to resorts in both the Dominican Republic and Mexico. Both places put plastic on top of their glasses, whether we ordered wine by the glass, or wine glasses and a bottle. So, maybe the Disney cruise line is adopting this style as well.

I can see Zazu checking every wine glass now, even the ones at his own house. Hell, if I lived there, I'd randomly cover one or two, just to keep you on your toes.