Phase 4 Closings in WDW

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Re: Phase 4 Closings in WDW

Post by Monorail_Red » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:46 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:That sounds like a pool/RUM drink day!!!
Speaking if which, sometimes I enjoy just sitting back and breathing in the air in WDW rather than running around in the parks...either just chill in the pool, rent some boats, resort hop, use my refillable mug :D: , etc. It's just something about the atmosphere there.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Regards,
Monorail_Red

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Crowds were down today. AFAIK we had no phase closings. PAC had the Main Street Bypass set up for both the 12:00 and 3:00 parades just in case but they wound up not using it either time.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:28 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Crowds were down today. AFAIK we had no phase closings. PAC had the Main Street Bypass set up for both the 12:00 and 3:00 parades just in case but they wound up not using it either time.
Is that where they send people backstage behind the shops?

Kurt

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Yes, it is. Starts (or finishes) at Tony's and at the other end it's between Main St and The Noodle station.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:39 pm

I just hope everybody has left by Thursday (but I'm betting not) I'mmtaking my oldest daughter to MK, etc then. Sucks, though, as I have to spend a comp instead of a maingate (stupid balckput period)

Anybody here want to hook up Thursday Apr 16th?

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:49 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:Is that where they send people backstage behind the shops?
Yep. There's a few different ways they can route the bypass depending on the crowds. Usually the bypass goes from the gate in between Exposition Hall and the Chapeau (Tony's Restaurant Gate) up to the gate in between the Plaza Restaurant and the restrooms by the Noodle Station (Plaza Restaurant Gate). There is also an extended version that goes from Tony's Gate, behind the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station and to the gate by Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (Buzz Gate).

Sometimes the extended version will include one way traffic from Plaza Gate to Tony's Gate but everybody going the other way, up Main Street, has to go to the Buzz Gate.

Tuesday and Wednesday they ran the extended version (at least they were the times I saw it in operation). With the huge crowds that makes sense.

I don't like the Bypass because of how ugly it is back there and all but I understand it is a necessary evil. At least they finally brought back the large rolling hedge planters that are used to sorta hide some of the uglier things back there (they were missing for a while).

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Cranbiz wrote:Anybody here want to hook up Thursday Apr 16th?
Busy in the morning, but would be happy to join y'all for dinner somewhere, in or outside a park. LMK

Zazu

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:38 am

Cranbiz wrote:Anybody here want to hook up Thursday Apr 16th?
I would but I work until 8:15 that night so it'll have to be after that (unless you find me while I'm working). I'd like to finally meet you in person.

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by breathless » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:04 pm

How has the parks been lately? I'm commin down in a few days and I don't want to miss out on anything. We are planning on hitting MK on Friday... Any tips on missing the really long lines.

All it takes is faith trust and pixie dust... and Rock n' Roll!!!:jessica:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:07 pm

breathless wrote:How has the parks been lately? I'm commin down in a few days and I don't want to miss out on anything. We are planning on hitting MK on Friday... Any tips on missing the really long lines.
Not crowded at all, especially in comparison to Tuesday and Wednesday of last week.

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward