"SO exactly how big was this...grenade launcher?"

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

"SO exactly how big was this...grenade launcher?"

Post by SkipperGordon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 am

A couple weeks ago I pulled the ultimate in Stupid Skipper Tricks. I hit myself in the head with a grenade launcher.

A few days prior to the incident I noticed that the tread on my shoes was getting pretty worn. I made a mental note to get new shoes as soon as I got some money in the bank and then promptly forgot about it. Well, I suddenly found myself remembering the note with startling clarity in Scene 5 as my feet flew completely out from under me and I landed flat on my back on the deck. My grenade launcher landed shortly afterward on my head. In my defense, that particular boat's roll timing was way off so I got a lurch when I wasn't expecting it; but it was a pretty clumsy move regardless.

Half an hour later I was strapped into a c-collar and a stretcher and on my way to the hospital with "Diego" the swarthy ambulance tech from El Salvador. X rays all checked out fine and the Q&A at the hospital was entertaining to say the least. At some point in the chain of communication the grenade launcher became a cannon, at which point somebody asked me what I was doing playing with loaded firearms. Once it got out that I worked at Universal more than one person asked me if I got a beer discount at City Walk and there were of course the fair share of "free ticket" inquiries. My favorite exchange of the afternoon had to be this one:

X-ray tech: So how big was this...uh...grenade launcher?
Me: 40 millimeters! (pantomiming hoisting a grenade launcher over my head)

yeah...nobody got it.

Alls well that ends well and I now have new shoes and free pictures of my brain.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: "SO exactly how big was this...grenade launcher?"

Post by BRWombat » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:37 pm

SkipperGordon wrote:A couple weeks ago I pulled the ultimate in Stupid Skipper Tricks. I hit myself in the head with a grenade launcher.

A few days prior to the incident I noticed that the tread on my shoes was getting pretty worn. I made a mental note to get new shoes as soon as I got some money in the bank and then promptly forgot about it. Well, I suddenly found myself remembering the note with startling clarity in Scene 5 as my feet flew completely out from under me and I landed flat on my back on the deck. My grenade launcher landed shortly afterward on my head. In my defense, that particular boat's roll timing was way off so I got a lurch when I wasn't expecting it; but it was a pretty clumsy move regardless.

Half an hour later I was strapped into a c-collar and a stretcher and on my way to the hospital with "Diego" the swarthy ambulance tech from El Salvador. X rays all checked out fine and the Q&A at the hospital was entertaining to say the least. At some point in the chain of communication the grenade launcher became a cannon, at which point somebody asked me what I was doing playing with loaded firearms. Once it got out that I worked at Universal more than one person asked me if I got a beer discount at City Walk and there were of course the fair share of "free ticket" inquiries. My favorite exchange of the afternoon had to be this one:

X-ray tech: So how big was this...uh...grenade launcher?
Me: 40 millimeters! (pantomiming hoisting a grenade launcher over my head)

yeah...nobody got it.

Alls well that ends well and I now have new shoes and free pictures of my brain.
Which leads to the obvious question -- when they took pictures of your brain and pronounced the results as "negative," were you even a little concerned? :D:

Glad you're okay!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:57 pm

BRWombat wrote:Which leads to the obvious question -- when they took pictures of your brain and pronounced the results as "negative," were you even a little concerned? :D:

Glad you're okay!!
I was thinking the same thing.

My uncle Johnny said that the workers had the worst shoes but after work they wore expensive shoes and clothing. I hope you learned your lesson the hard way. Glad that you can show that you have a brain thus you are not an SG.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Reminds me when I had problems with my ear and they did CT an MRI scans on my head.

As they looked inside my head, they didn't have anything.

I still have the MRI prints somewhere... the cross section of my eye is kinda scary-looking.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SkipperGordon » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:29 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Reminds me when I had problems with my ear and they did CT an MRI scans on my head.

As they looked inside my head, they didn't have anything.

I still have the MRI prints somewhere... the cross section of my eye is kinda scary-looking.

They gave it to me on a cd so I could load it up on my computer. I was looking at it with my boyfriend and playing around with the zoom button when all of a sudden i go "Hey, that's my brain!" He just sort of looked at me and shook his head. "Well, what did you expect?"

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:53 pm

SkipperGordon wrote:They gave it to me on a cd so I could load it up on my computer. I was looking at it with my boyfriend and playing around with the zoom button when all of a sudden i go "Hey, that's my brain!" He just sort of looked at me and shook his head. "Well, what did you expect?"
If you have a CD burner and photoshop, you could mess with his mind a bit!!

hehehehhee

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SkipperGordon » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:51 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:If you have a CD burner and photoshop, you could mess with his mind a bit!!

hehehehhee

Bwuahaha!