For those who know Bonny, MJ and Andrew Eby

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: For those who know Bonny, MJ and Andrew Eby

Post by techie-13 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:50 am

When Andrew told me about the account, he said that it was set up so that anyone could walk into a local branch, ask them to look it up & make a donation. I think it was set up with the Celebration branch. I'll send an email to Andrew and ask.

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Sorry, I haven't posted anything sooner. Life interrupts my internet time. I usually think that's good until I fall behind with you folks.
Anyway, I did try to make a donation at my local BofA and they tried to look up the account info. But because I'm in California and the account is in Florida, they couldn't help me without the account number.
I have emailed Andrew asking for that info and when I get it, I will probably ask for you to PM me, since I think listing a bank account number on the internet is a really bad idea. I'll let you know when I get that info.

I was able to find a cached version of Deb Wills's post on another board before it was removed. She listed the address of the BofA branch in case someone wanted to send a check. I am going to post that here.

You can write a check out to:
Bonny Eby Memorial Fund

mail to:
Bank of America
Attn: Jason Carpenter
700 Celebration Ave. 3rd Floor
Celebration, FL 34747

Oh great and powerful moderators of SGT, I hope these posts about the memorial fund do not rile feathers or ruffle fur. If they seem too much like a solicitation, (which has had posts about the same subject removed on Board X) then I apologize. If needed please edit them and let me know so I may not offend the great ones again.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 pm

The information was removed for the reason of solicitation. While your cause is noble they cannot make exceptions for anyone as then the solicitors will be out whining because you got to solicit and they did not. Sad state of our times but something necessary. Sue and others are very nice people but they have to enforce the rules. ;)

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:34 pm

I know that they do, I just wanted to let our mods know that I would understand if they wanted to enforce the same rules here. Since it is the same type of message, they could choose to. I wasn't meaning to imply anything against the mods of any other message boards.

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Andrew got back to me with the account number. So if you wish to make a donation directly at BofA, please PM me. I have about 40 messages left available in the PM allotment here at SGT as of right now and I will check this site often over the next few days to answer and clear messages.
Otherwise, if you wish to make a donation by check, the address I posted above is good. Andrew says that he has been in touch with Jason (from BofA).

Thank You for your support and patience.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Techie you are my hero and keep up the good work. Hold still as I got to straighten your halo. It is nice of you to help them out.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Solicitation is one thing. Collecting in memory of one of SGT's own is quite something else. We have no problem with this thread at all.

Zazu, Admin,
StupidGuestTricks.com

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Damn. I hadn't talked to them since my time at Coaster nearly three years ago and moved over the the current location.

They were so easy to spot coming in. With that giant pin board of theirs.

Hearts and prayers go out to the family.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:52 pm

I wish I could had met her and the family. They all sound nice. Sorry to hear about her passing. What a bummer. :o:

Mia Midori
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Mia Midori » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 am

I am so sorry for your loss....lost dear friends in recent years myself.
Sending my love to the child.We are also homeschoolers and have a good idea what a challenge this must be now.Let me know if we can help!Best wishes,Mia