All hail ODV!!!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

All hail ODV!!!

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:15 am

Okay, now I know the hard work that most ODV people do. I got introduced to a brand new kind of hell today. Polar, I totally understand what you meant now. I was shoved in the back of a restaurant and forced to make cotton candy alone for three hours.(which I had never done before and was given a five minute training course on) I'm a short person and I just about had to dive into the vat while making it. Not to mention the extreme heat as I stretched to get that perfect fluffiness. *sigh* I only had latex gloves,plastic bags, a bin of sugar and several different kinds of flavors to mix in. (no sticks, of course) "Whoohoo let's try watermelon-apple or strawberry-banana." Yum! I had cotton candy everywhere. Hey...I salute you poor ones who suffer through that for eight hours or more. The only saving grace was not having to deal with guests at the same time. I said it once and I'll say it again, "All hail ODV! You all deserve hazard pay." 8)

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:13 am

Back when I worked foods, and during our rehab, they stuck me down in the New Orleans kitchen to make bread bowls. I had no idea what a bread bowl was or what it was used for, so they gave me a quick 2-minute "training," consisting of a guy giving me a knife and a small, round loaf of bread, telling me to cut the top like a pumpkin on Halloween, then scoop out all the bread from the inside. Put the bread in this basket, and the loafs in this basket.

So I went to work for a long while, making a ton of these stupid things.

Suddenly someone comes running down to check on my handiwork and gets all upset. As I have been scooping out the bread, my knife frequently penetrated the "bottom" of each bread bowl, creating a hole, through which all the soup leaks out! So all those bread bowls that I made went to waste!

Well, serves them right for not telling me what the damn things were used for...