Abandoned Tracks

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
StupidGuestTricks Yahoo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Abandoned Tracks

Post by StupidGuestTricks Yahoo » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:51 pm

Mickey's Toontown Fair Railroad Station was quiet that afternoon. All
departing passengers had boarded the train, the gates were closed, and the train was waiting for a clear signal to depart.

A young female guest approached an exit gate and asked the conductor when the train was leaving.

"Soon, less than a minute, probably," he replied.

"Well, I'm waiting for my friend. She's not here yet."

"No problem, if your friend gets here before the locomotive whistles twice, I'll open the exit gate and let you both on. If not, the next train will be here in about 8 minutes."

As it happened, the friend did not appear, the engineer whistled twice, and the conductor, thinking the guest would wait for the next train, gave the signal for the train to proceed.

No sooner had the train begun to move but the guest -- apparently deciding to abandon her friend -- leapt over the fence onto the platform!

The conductor put one hand on her arm, guided her in a small semi-circle, and assisted her right out through the exit gate. It happened so fast he hardly knew what he was doing until the guest stumbled to a stop about ten feet outside the gate.

Wondering if he had done the right thing, he heard a strange noise coming from the train behind him. He turned, and discovered it was the guests on the train ... applauding him.

Some days, we do win a few.

Zazu