Two SGTs at Universal today.

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Two SGTs at Universal today.

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:24 pm

I met up with BW to do a few things and we decided to head over to Universal Studios and IOA today. Had fun but encountered two stupid guests, one before we even park the car.

We are in the parking garage following the other cars up the ramps to the designated level (the other ways were blocked off). On the way there we are behind this car that kept trying to get around the cars ahead of him (and failing of course). We get to the row and the attendants had just started parking it so naturally cars are being directed down to the far end of the row. This idiot just pulls into one of the closer spots, that is until he is and vividly gestured to and told by a number of attendants he can't park there at which point he moves back into the traffic lane (behind us this time) and parks nearer to where he was supposed to (one spot off this time instead of twenty). Hey, buddy, slow down. We are all going to the same place. I assume that chances are he was a tourist on vacation. If that is so why is he in such an apparent hurry? When I'm on vacation I don't rush like he was trying to and even if I was I wouldn't be trying to pass in a parking garage and ignoring the directions of the parking attendants.

Later on after spending a while at IOA we head over to Universal mostly to check out the new Simpsons attraction. As we are going into the "fun house" (what the pre-boarding room is called there) for our ride vehicle we are clearly told by the team member who gives us the quick safety spiel before closing the door to board no more than four people per row. BW and I head right for the front row (the team member told me to sit there because I'm so tall) and all of the other group but one goes for the back row. I didn't notice as I hadn't counted the number of people in the fun house nor did I look behind me after sitting down but the other group tried squeezing 5 onto their row, apparently a kid sat on another's lap). The team member who checks the lap bars and closes the side did notice though (naturally). One of the group moves down to the first row where he should have went in the first place. I'm not sure but this might not have been so much of a SGT but a language issue though I swear I heard someone in the group comment after being told by the TM someone is going to have to move that "lap sitting must not be allowed" or something to that effect in clear English. Thing is I know of very few attractions anywhere that allow lap sitting (and none have lap bars like The Simpsons do) and the seats are clearly designed for four with indentions for each person.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Two SGTs at Universal today.

Post by turkeyham » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 pm

Shorty82,
I have been to IOA. Lets talk about SG who don't listen. Moe, Christin, Melissa and I were walking pass the security guard. There is another cross section where the elevators take you from the taxi area to the walk areas. Ok, this dork jumps over a security area and tries to walk away. Security surrounded him and kicked him out. :eek:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 pm

That was a real genius. "Hey, I'll jump this fence right here in front of all these security guards! That's a good idea!".

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:09 pm

I have heard stories from security at Disneyland that SG have tried climbing the fences to the back stage and wonder into the park. They use the term rabbits. I also have seen SG try to get over the front gate turn styles at Disneyland too. Security is now present because they said that their parents have the tickets and they went in. It's bad enough when the person lies and the individual has no wallet. BOO on him. :eek: