Finally, a good comeback from me

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
danmedix
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Finally, a good comeback from me

Post by danmedix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:16 pm

February wrote:If they bleed green and they're smiling, they're definitely Romulan.

Unless it's a Vulcan during Pon Farr...then you're in real trouble.

Far as referring to someone as 'that' -fill in the skin color or race- I also find that to be offensive.

It's interesting, we've had the same next door neighbor for six years. I always thought she was a really nice lady. Once in the past, she made a quick remark that gave me pause about the changing face of our neighborhood (we're in a highly multi-cultural area, with this I have no issue) but our neighbor just announced she was moving out.

I felt terrible about it- until she made a remark to my husband and I when we hapened to be at her place of employment shopping (in front of her coworkers no less) that she was moving because she was 'sick of being the minority.'

Needless to say, we won't be shedding a single tear when the moving truck arrives. Buh bye.

I can't tolerate racism. Wallaby, I am so glad you didn't get beat up- and I echo your hopes we can eradicate hate in my daughter's generation.

I know she takes great offense at discrimination, against people of different backgrounds, against gays...any and all. Hate is hate, and life is just too short for it.

As the classic Lennon song goes..."You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one..."

If that makes me a hippie, oh well LOL

Bru

As long as you bathe regularly, it's ok with me.... :rolleyes: