That one coworker you can't stand

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: That one coworker you can't stand

Post by ktulu » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Worst coworker ever!

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/108653.html
Cube walls don't come apart that easy. I also think that people would run and not wait for him to throw stuff at them. I also think that a group of guys would tackle him before it got as bad as it did. Unless someone can point to a news story, I call shenanigans.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:23 pm

I've got one that for the life of me I cannot understand why she is still here.

Not only does she call in, she also takes any excuse to leave early, is rude to guests, does things for them that are against the rules, is on the phone making personal calls and is FULL of drama that she loves to share.

I had an instance where she let a guest have an item and after she left, I had the guest ask me for the same item! I told the guest I'm sorry but we are not allowed to give out that item. He was all pissed off and said "Well, so and so let me!"

GRRRRRRRRRR

What part of the word team don't you get? If we don't work together and make sure everyone follows the rules, what the @#$% do we have them for??!?!

"You are the weakest link. Goodbye."

The only thing I can think of is that it would a bigger pain in the ass to have to train yet another person, so she gets to stay.

ARRGH. :mad: :mad: :mad:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:38 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:The only thing I can think of is that it would a bigger pain in the ass to have to train yet another person, so she gets to stay.
Take a chance on a noobie. There's a 50/50 chance they'll be better.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:29 pm

When worked at USH, I worked with the most inferiating man in the universe. He was an older gentleman, late 50's, heavy set. He was a long term employee. This guy has made so many employees cry (on the job too) it is not even funny. Let me begin my b*tch laundry list:

- Interupted your safety spiels with a nonsense cr*p filled version of the same spiel. Then, get this, would get mad if our safety spiels were too long.

- Would never back you up on guest issues. Por ejemplo, You would let a guest " No food or drink inside the theatre", the guest would whine and moan and demand a manager. He would come and then let the guest with food in the theatre! WTF?!?!?! Same thing goes for letting a wheelchair party of 20 in ( when it supposed to be 4), letting guests in after closing, and letting guests re-enter the theatre.

- If you messed up and didn't do your greeting speil before the show, because you were busy dealing with a guest, he would come to you and say, infront of guests " You didn't do your spiel, I am going to write you up" All near by guests have this what the hell look on their faces.

And -- Dun Dun Duh! - Number one - During a lead meeting one of the leads said " [ Rude man's name ], you don't know how many times you've made me cry these past two years!"
Rude man says : "well of course you cry, you're a woman".He said that right infront of our manager, circa 2004. Not only is this man still there today, despite this and an encylcopedia of voluntary statements from employees.... He got promoted!!! Yes!!! OMFG!!!!!!. Mmmm... do I smell paper sherding?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Sounds like his crap never got to the legal department. People think HR runs companies, really it is the lawyers :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

GrUvGrL
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by GrUvGrL » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 am

And speaking of lawyers... I worked at a law office as a legal ass-istant/paralegal. We had a book keeper come in 2 days a week that I absolutely HATED!!

Now, I know hate is too strong a word... but I'm pretty laid back in the workplace. I'm always known as the bubbley make everyone laugh and smile person in the office. I made my stuck up, stick in the mud lawyer boss show everyone he DID have a sense of humor (A stale one - but hey). I safely say that I get along with EVERYONE, and like everyone to get along with eachother. Canuikstan always teases me about that. o for me

But this one woman was... just unbareable! She would pick fights with me and my co-workers for no apparent reason. Like here's an example... she wanted ME to have EVERY SINGLE receipt for EVERY little purchase the man made with his credit card!! when she came in- AS IF!! (I would ask him before she came for his receipts and he would give me a stack to give to her... hey if they weren't all there... tuff beans. She would yell at me in the same tone parents yell at their children when they have done something to annoy them.

She would kick my boss out of his office so she had a suitable place to work!!! He would end up being out of the office for those 2 days or having to spend the day working out of a small desk in the corner and see his clients in the boardroom! She would yell at him as if he was a little kid! And here's the kicker, she was getting paid some $80 plus an HOUR to do it!!!

I dreaded going into work when he was scheduled to do month end. I often called in sick just so I didn't have to deal with her. I left that job 2 years ago and not before I told my boss EXACTLLY what I thought of her and how she treated him.

Apparently, she had a temper tantrum a while after I left and threatened to leave the job. My ex-boss kindly showed her the door!!
I was so proud of him!!

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.... I walk in :p:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Why wouldn't he fire her for kicking him out of his own office? He's the boss, he is the one to make the decision where he should work. If I was a boss and some little snot tried something like that, not only would I roast her ears telling her to learn a few manners, I would kick her snotty little butt out the door.

GrUvGrL
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by GrUvGrL » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:35 pm

felinefan wrote:Why wouldn't he fire her for kicking him out of his own office? He's the boss, he is the one to make the decision where he should work. If I was a boss and some little snot tried something like that, not only would I roast her ears telling her to learn a few manners, I would kick her snotty little butt out the door.
Well I always wondered that myself, the answer... a combination of a number of things. She was his accountant for 14 years and he trusted her. Word was she worked around the clock for an audit in their earlier years. Her husband was a lawyer he was close with. But he swore he only kept her around cause she had been there for him for 14 years. I just always wondered what man in their right mind would be married to that. I always pictured her huband as being a deaf mute. :D:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.... I walk in :p: