Stupid Payroll Tricks

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Stupid Payroll Tricks

Post by glendalais » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:41 am

So, EPCOT has just come and gone. Another week making magic, another paycheque that ain't so magical :p: .

I opened up my Paystub in the post yesterday to discover that, out of the nearly $200 I made last week, only $.40 had been deposited in my Savings account.

Yes, 40 cents, not even enough to buy a bag of chips.

I normally request much more to be put in there, so off to SAP (which is finally back up...somewhat) I go.

Apparently, someone had gone off and changed my distribution, so that instead of having 25% put into my savings, they put .25%.

Who in their right minds puts only .25% of their money in a Savings Account?!

Ugh! :mad:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Stupid Payroll Tricks

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:32 am

I'll have to be sure to check that! I don't check my paystub like I should normally.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:34 am

Happened to Purpura as well. Any and all Cast Members with Direct Deposit at Partners, Call Payroll at 1-877-783-2572 IMMEDIATELY. Apparently, it was a FUBAR at Partners/Vista as a result of the merger of the two credit unions.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:10 am

Update as of 8:08 PST. Purpie's paycheck issue has been resolved. However, I still urge all CMs with Direct Deposit at Partners to double check your balance, as we may be an isolated case (according to the lady at Disney Payroll, we were the first person to call about the issue.)

Hopefully, and I really hate saying this, someone will be losing their job over this one. Screwing up people's pay like this is flat out unacceptable.

Addendum: Note that what happened with Purpura's check was an unusual situation. In most cases, according to the lady at DWWS, the portion not deposited to savings would normally be added to the Partners Checking account. However, in our case, we had closed our checking account and use strictly a savings account for a variety of reasons. However, when we closed the checking, it was in the midst of the merger process, and according to the records at Partners/Vista, we still had it. Essentially, what had happened to Purpura's paycheck is that 99% of the money got deposited into a Checking Account that no longer exists...

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Canuikstan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Canuikstan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:00 pm

CBeilby wrote:Essentially, what had happened to Purpura's paycheck is that 99% of the money got deposited into a Checking Account that no longer exists...

Ohh, it exists.. somewhere :hijack: .. Pixie dust has MANY MANY uses :)

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:48 pm

glendalais wrote:So, EPCOT has just come and gone. Another week making magic, another paycheque that ain't so magical :p: .

I opened up my Paystub in the post yesterday to discover that, out of the nearly $200 I made last week, only $.40 had been deposited in my Savings account.

Yes, 40 cents, not even enough to buy a bag of chips.

I normally request much more to be put in there, so off to SAP (which is finally back up...somewhat) I go.

Apparently, someone had gone off and changed my distribution, so that instead of having 25% put into my savings, they put .25%.

Who in their right minds puts only .25% of their money in a Savings Account?!

Ugh! :mad:
err a quarter saved is a quarter earned?

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:28 pm

CBeilby wrote:Happened to Purpura as well. Any and all Cast Members with Direct Deposit at Partners, Call Payroll at 1-877-783-2572 IMMEDIATELY. Apparently, it was a FUBAR at Partners/Vista as a result of the merger of the two credit unions.
Wow. They're still having issues? And it's almost been a year since the merger. You're right, heads are going to roll over this.

I didn't have any issues like yours with mine. The main issue that I found was that my $.40 was sent to Vista, rather than Partners. However, since they're all one Credit Union now, it still found its way to my account.

Though, it's good to hear that they got all of Purpura's paycheque where it needed to go. It would definately be FUBAR if all that money just disappeared. If it happend to me, somewhat at the Partners branch in Burbank would be hearing from me.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:46 pm

I had an issue with Partners after the Partners-Vista merger.

I kept my accounts open with Partners after I left DLR, mainly because I wanted to keep the credit card open in case of an emergency, and I had to keep the savings account open with the minimum $5 balance in order to keep the credit card. No problem, I thought, so I kept a few bucks in each account for a while. Then I drained the checking account to zero and it stayed that way for a while. One day around January of this year I logged into PartnersLink and my checking account was gone. I called and they told me the account was closed without my knowledge or consent because it was at zero balance for a few months, I forget how many. I wasn't too upset at the fact the account was closed since I wasn't using the checking account anyways, but I let them have it that all they needed to do was mail me a letter explaining that they were shutting down my checking account for that reason - they didn't even have to ask for my consent - and I would have been fine. Closing my account without my knowledge was just unacceptable. What if I had attempted to make a deposit?

Then around March I noticed they were taking $3 off my savings account for being below a minimum balance and it was in the red. I called again and they said that I was below a new $500 minimum balance that was established after the Vista merger, but that because I was with Partners before the merger I was supposed to have a grace period until July. They refunded me the fees but said they would start taking the fees in July if I was below the minimum balance. I decided that was the last straw, and would close the accounts. But because of a bad experience closing my Bank of America accounts from out of state (don't even get me started on B of A), I decided I'd close the accounts in person when I went to SoCal in May.

I went to the Partners "open to the public" branch on Olive Way in Burbank, since we were flying into Burbank Airport which is right up the street (it just happens to be across the hallway from my wife's aunt's work, so we paid her a visit too). They closed the savings account just fine (AFTER I made sure they didn't take out another fee) but they told me that because I was with Partners before the merger and their location was formerly Vista, they couldn't close the credit card themselves. I had to write a letter on a memo pad for them to fax to Florida or Anaheim or wherever. :banghead:

I thought this merger was supposed to streamline Partners and Vista operations (or so said all the pamphlets they sent me) but I guess not....

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:01 pm

$.40??? Wouldn't that cost more in paper-work than it's worth???

(or is it just me?)