Acting to leaderly

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Tropter
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Acting to leaderly

Post by Tropter » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:48 am

Ok. Today I get called in by my lead to have a "talk." This already doesn't sound good to me. So I've talked to this lead a couple days ago because it seemed to me that I've been getting special treatment lately. You know things such as being breaker more often. Being the one called to do the special tasks and I was afriad that other people might be getting upset just because of some hints. She tells me tonight that apparently everyone is getting upset because I'm becoming "to leaderly." WTF? I help out the lead by totaling the counts for them and reminding people to fill out thier break cards and I'm the bad guy. I'm being "to leaderly" and on top of it the person who's doing the most complaining is probably one of the worst employees as far as keeping thier cool.

Sorry I feel like I'm rambling now but tell me honestly guys if you think I'm being unreasonable. And on top of it all she (my lead) now wants me to act "less leaderly." How do I act less like myself?

I'd give my right arm to be ambedextrious

Dalisair
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Acting to leaderly

Post by Dalisair » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:57 am

Tropter wrote:Ok. Today I get called in by my lead to have a "talk." This already doesn't sound good to me. So I've talked to this lead a couple days ago because it seemed to me that I've been getting special treatment lately. You know things such as being breaker more often. Being the one called to do the special tasks and I was afriad that other people might be getting upset just because of some hints. She tells me tonight that apparently everyone is getting upset because I'm becoming "to leaderly." WTF? I help out the lead by totaling the counts for them and reminding people to fill out thier break cards and I'm the bad guy. I'm being "to leaderly" and on top of it the person who's doing the most complaining is probably one of the worst employees as far as keeping thier cool.

Sorry I feel like I'm rambling now but tell me honestly guys if you think I'm being unreasonable. And on top of it all she (my lead) now wants me to act "less leaderly." How do I act less like myself?
So, lemme get this straight, you're taking inititive, helping out the team, and getting dinged for it? Just stop telling them aobut the break cards. Ask to help her out, and write a letter for your file about his.

Quit end of Sept.
Made the team name for Guest Reasearch, Team: Candy Coated Evil, Motto: This ain't no beach tan!

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:35 pm

Wow.... I'm sorry. OK, how about just telling your lead that you don't want stuff like that. Why not apply for lead yourself! :D Jesus! People are jelous cuz you're going the extra mile and getting rewarded for it. I'm sorry, dunno what else to say!

:evil: Grrrr on them!

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:03 am

Just goes to prove the old axiom: "No good deed goes unpunished."

Zazu

nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by nitro-junkie » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:16 am

This is how I used to look at it back in my time at the Land (and still do out here on the road): Surrender to the mediocrity around you , and behold your meteoric rise to the top of the sh!tpile.

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:22 pm

Hey, that's Knott's for ya. . . I did my time there. And yes, their "leads" and "managers" just have big heads themselves, and are usually threatened when someone is nice enough to go the extra mile.

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown