Two SCMs Reported to GRO

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Two SCMs Reported to GRO

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:36 pm

A few days ago I was on line for TSM at DCA. (Major differences are no FP line and almost the entire queue is outside. No theming, and the line is much shorter (30-40 minute wait times are usual) and the stairs are after unload instead of before load.) At that time I the line was about 40 minutes and I was told the single rider line was about 30 but could be longer, so I took the standby line.

Anyway, I am behind a woman who is also by herself. So there are a couple of groups of people, the woman, me and some groups behind me. I am chatting a bit with the people behind me. When we get to the glasses distribution, the woman picks up four pair of glasses, and also makes a call on a cell phone. (All the people in the group ahead of her had their own glasses.)

When we get to the grouper, who asks party size, she says "four"! When I get to the grouper I tell him the woman was in line for almost 40 minutes with nobody else, and had made a phone call after she picked up the four pair of glasses.

I then see her waving to three people who are cutting through the single rider line, a boy about 8, a guy in his 20s and another guy in his 40s. At this time I again attract the attention of the grouper and tell him these people are cutting the line and pointing to them. The grouper takes absolutely no action, so I noted his nametag.

I then went over to disabled load/unload, as I was in an ECV. After I got off, I asked the woman at the console to call a manager or coordinator for me. A few minutes later a coordinator comes up and I relay what had happened to him.

His comment was that the attraction has only been open for three weeks and they did not have all their procedures in place yet. At some point in our conversation I told him that I was reporting this blatant example of line cutting as a guest and not as a CM. But he took the position that he really did not expect anything to be done about something like that.

I was extremely surprised about his reaction to my reporting the incident. I Thought about it overnight and on Thursday when all the convention activities were at Disneyland Park I went over to DCA Guest Relations and reported both the CM and the coordinator. I commented that if the CM did not want to make a fuss in the load area, they could have easily had some Security people there to talk to the four people when they reached unload.

At least the person in GRO appeared to realize the seriousness of the matter and took notes and was going to discuss it with a GRO Manager and more than likely also the Attraction Manager.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Two SCMs Reported to GRO

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:41 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:A few days ago I was on line for TSM at DCA. (Major differences are no FP line and almost the entire queue is outside. No theming, and the line is much shorter (30-40 minute wait times are usual) and the stairs are after unload instead of before load.) At that time I the line was about 40 minutes and I was told the single rider line was about 30 but could be longer, so I took the standby line.

Anyway, I am behind a woman who is also by herself. So there are a couple of groups of people, the woman, me and some groups behind me. I am chatting a bit with the people behind me. When we get to the glasses distribution, the woman picks up four pair of glasses, and also makes a call on a cell phone. (All the people in the group ahead of her had their own glasses.)

When we get to the grouper, who asks party size, she says "four"! When I get to the grouper I tell him the woman was in line for almost 40 minutes with nobody else, and had made a phone call after she picked up the four pair of glasses.

I then see her waving to three people who are cutting through the single rider line, a boy about 8, a guy in his 20s and another guy in his 40s. At this time I again attract the attention of the grouper and tell him these people are cutting the line and pointing to them. The grouper takes absolutely no action, so I noted his nametag.

I then went over to disabled load/unload, as I was in an ECV. After I got off, I asked the woman at the console to call a manager or coordinator for me. A few minutes later a coordinator comes up and I relay what had happened to him.

His comment was that the attraction has only been open for three weeks and they did not have all their procedures in place yet. At some point in our conversation I told him that I was reporting this blatant example of line cutting as a guest and not as a CM. But he took the position that he really did not expect anything to be done about something like that.

I was extremely surprised about his reaction to my reporting the incident. I Thought about it overnight and on Thursday when all the convention activities were at Disneyland Park I went over to DCA Guest Relations and reported both the CM and the coordinator. I commented that if the CM did not want to make a fuss in the load area, they could have easily had some Security people there to talk to the four people when they reached unload.

At least the person in GRO appeared to realize the seriousness of the matter and took notes and was going to discuss it with a GRO Manager and more than likely also the Attraction Manager.
You did the right thing. Something should of been done with the line cutters. Nothing peeves me more then people cutting in line.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:28 am

So Mike got to see what I been saying about DLR being run differently than WDW. At WDW they care more but in DLR I was stalked and harrassed and had my photo taken with out my permission but I was the bad person and how dare I harangue their employees. WDW is superior to DLR which has gone down hill.

I will now have to go east to see Mike. Sign I had to get them chops cooked or it was hell to pay. Hugs deareset cheshire figment.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:55 am

Wow! That does suck. I have seen so much line cutting at DL and all I hear on "other" boards is how it is not as bad as WDW. Unless, I guess, it happens to you!

We had line cutters at Pan once and Ralph read them the riot act. Two young teen girls got in under the ropes and got in front of Ralph. But what they did not know is that we always strike up a conversatiopn or at least say hi to the people in front of us and behind us, so we know when people cut.

They said to Ralph they had been there all along. Oh dear! :o: Ralph's face started to turn purple and he told them "No, they hadn't and to get the *H-E double hockey sticks* out of line!" They were shocked and then tried the old "but my friends are up there, (pointing to the front of the line) and we are trying to catch up with them."

"Get out of this line", was all Ralph said. If you have ever seen Ralph's face when he is disturbed, you would run too. They got out of line and later we saw them back towards the end of the line! hahahahaha....

We certainly do not put up with any cutters, for ANY reason. Line cutting is line cutting and the CMs should do something about it. It does not matter whether or not they have "procedures" in place.

Line cutting should ALWAYS be taken care of by the cutter being removed. EVERYONE gets to wait their turn and if you try to get people from the single line, or are doing something else like getting a drink or fastpasses or riding another ride, and then CUTTING IN LINE to catch up to your group, YOU ARE CUTTING! Ask the CMs. They will tell you, it is cutting, tho apparently not at TSMM at DCA ....yet! :(

There was a discussion on Board X about cutting and 99% of the posters there agreed it is cutting when you do these things and the only exceptions are a baby needing to go potty or a medical condition. NOTHING ELSE! I was pleasantly surprised at that! It seems SGs are fewer and fewer, or they don't go to the boards as much or at all!

Line cutters bug me. They think they are, oh so much more special than everyone else, when in reality they are just being SGs and jackoffs to boot.

I am sorry the CMs did not do anything, but I am glad you carried forth with the complaint. If more people did complain, cutting would be, lets just say, cut down. :p:

susi

Sorry I did not get back to you about Colorado, I was in lots of pain that week and just out of Surgery. :( Wish we could have met you. Next trip to WDW! And the way it looks, I may be WALKING! :D: Cross your fingers!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:00 pm

I hate line cutters.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:23 pm

The problem is, we are never told anything about line cutters. I'll admit to letting somebody join a party (within reason). Soemtimes i see them leave to use the restroom, and I am a lot more sympathetic then. With Disney, we tend to give the guests the benefit of the doubt, and without having a specific policy in place, nobody is willing to risk getting chewed out by management to deal with the majority of people who are joining their parties. Now, if it is a large group, no way jose!

Petite and Proud!

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:59 am

Exactly!! I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. For example, I had closed Pinocchio and Gepetto's line (they had to go to the workshop), and the little boy in front of me started the "I have to go NOW" potty dance. The mom was very exasperated (especially since they had waited, and were almost there) and asked him if he could hold it. He said he couldn't. So I told the mom to take him, since I knew they had waited in line (she was by herself with him). She was so grateful when they got back.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]