I hate talking to weird people...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
flippin_mermaid
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

I hate talking to weird people...

Post by flippin_mermaid » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:21 pm

I used to work at Disneyland (I quit in April), but I still somehow end up talking to people outside the park about the place!
So yesterday I'm at a friend's party and someone starts talking about Disneyland and they bring it to everyone's attention that I used to work there. So this guy proceeds to tell me that he won't ever take his 2 and 4 year old there again because he "heard" from some other guy that the people in the characters costumes don't wear clothes under the costume...I was like, "What?? That's insane, I've never seen that..." and he SWEARS that this guy told him that they were in Critter Country getting their pictures taken with Pooh and that Pooh crouched down and the front of the costume ripped open and the guy's *ahem* "wang" popped out at everyone!
I started laughing because it was just ridiculous and the guy got mad at me and told me "Now I know WHY they don't want you to work there...you think it's funny!" and I tried to explain that the cast members that *I* know and have seen ALWAYS wear clothing of some sort covering their body while in the costumes and that the costume couldn't rip open THAT easily, etc. He claims this just recently happened and that there is a lawsuit against Disney now because of it....PLEASE tell me this isn't even true because I would feel so stupid after telling him he was lame for believing that story!
Anyway, it was pretty funny...

"Umm, is that real water? Are the ducks real too???"

flippin_mermaid
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by flippin_mermaid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:34 am

Polar, yeah that's my point! That's what I was trying to tell the guy...he was so weird! I've talked to people before (even guests WHILE I worked at Disneyland) who were insistant that Disney always had some weird stuff going on...like guests who would try to get me to tell "the secrets" of the place and stuff...just too strange!
I also know people who play characters and I was often around them backstage while at work anyway...I tried to tell the guy how this just could not have happened but he was SO insistant and he was MAD at me for contradicting him...

So, oh well! Thanks for at least making me SURE that I was right!

"Umm, is that real water? Are the ducks real too???"

Cloud Buster
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Cloud Buster » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:13 am

I work in entertainment and can tell you definitively (as if you didn't already know) that the charaters ALL wear clothes. In fact they have to wear Disney-issued garments over their personal under garments. Looks like a half jumpsuit and sweat pants.

lovethefuzzies
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by lovethefuzzies » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:57 am

Why would anyone WANT to be naked in costume? Gross. We wear underdressings. We check them out and turn them in at night. Some people choose to wear their own clothes as underdressings, but if it looks wrong a lead will make them change.

And there are several males in the Pooh height range.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:45 pm

Also, don't all of the costumes fasten in the back? So, it'd be pretty tough for any guy's 'wang' to pop out of any of the suits.

lovethefuzzies
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by lovethefuzzies » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:29 am

Not all of them do, but Pooh's does fasten in the back.

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:36 am

Man! That is so stupid! YEAH! Like that would really happen! I've seen them w/o their costumes on and, yeah! they wear clothes underneath. Man, just a stupid rumour to get people ticked off.

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

IDTDD
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by IDTDD » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:16 pm

:sick1: I have to agree with lovethefuzzies on this one. I'm an ex-costuming cast member (yes, I know you all hate(d) us)and I worked on parades and in the character "headroom" for quite some time while I was there. Not only is it a rule that the characters have to wear Disney issued underdressings (the only exception is for the people that laundered and sometimes supplied their own stuff due to detergent allergies and such) under their character costumes, but very few of the costumes get washed on a daily basis. One would have to have no regard for personal hygeine and frankly be a sick puppy to want to go commando under one of those things. Not only that, unless things have changed drastically, those costumes get checked every time they come in for holes and weak seams (not to say that a bad one never gets through, some people just take no pride in their jobs, or just plain don't know what they are doing, and well, I'll admit it can be easy to miss.). Plus in the Pooh costume, there are rings that hold it out in a circle to make him look pudgy and a full padding underneath. It would have been pretty difficult for any guest to have seen his "wang" unless the costume AND the padding ripped open simultaneously to ehm...expose him. That's very unlikely. I think your story teller is doing just that...telling stories.

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:24 am

IDTDD wrote::sick1: I think your story teller is doing just that ... telling stories.
Well, I'm totally glad that we worked that out! Man, like someone would really do that!

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Wizard69 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:10 pm

IDTDD wrote::sick1: I have to agree with lovethefuzzies on this one. I'm an ex-costuming cast member (yes, I know you all hate(d) us).
I hate parade CMs. Why do you have to put your damn trailers blocking our break room? You should put one of the trailers across the way in front of the conference room and get it the hell out of in front of our break room. I hate having to go around your stupid trailers every day just to get to the break room. I know it would fit across the way from the end of the marked fire area in front of the conference room and it won't even block any of the floats. They hardly use those storage sheds anyways. And it wouldn't be in the traffic of vehicles either.