Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:15 pm

I've been meeting all sorts of interesting people in Monorails. One, sadly, was attacked while working an attraction, then found out that the person and her family who did it, who had been thrown out of the park, had their day and much more comped. That's gone light years in making her nice and jaded regarding guests, especially ones of the demographic that attacked her.

Would have helped if her coworker who called security while hiding behind a FastPass machine had come out and been seen. I'll bet the situation would have been diffused if another Cast Member or two had come to her aid...

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I've been meeting all sorts of interesting people in Monorails. One, sadly, was attacked while working an attraction, then found out that the person and her family who did it, who had been thrown out of the park, had their day and much more comped. That's gone light years in making her nice and jaded regarding guests, especially ones of the demographic that attacked her.

Would have helped if her coworker who called security while hiding behind a FastPass machine had come out and been seen. I'll bet the situation would have been diffused if another Cast Member or two had come to her aid...
Sorry Big Wallaby but I am having a problem following this story. Can you explain it a little clearer? Thanks!

:goofy: :goofy:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Cast Member was working an attraction, was attacked by a guest who was irate about something with fastpasses. No other CM's came to her, though there was at least one who saw the whole thing. Security came and removed the guest. Later, GR comped the guest's day at the park and a bunch more stuff.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Cast Member was working an attraction, was attacked by a guest who was irate about something with fastpasses. No other CM's came to her, though there was at least one who saw the whole thing. Security came and removed the guest. Later, GR comped the guest's day at the park and a bunch more stuff.
There is something missing in this story. A CM is attacked, it is witnessed, the guest is taken away by security only to later be Comp'd for the day? That doesn't happen in the real world. There must be more to this story that you don't know, it's just not fathomable that this could happen without some circumstance that isn't obvious, I'm thinking!

:goofy: :goofy:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:There is something missing in this story. A CM is attacked, it is witnessed, the guest is taken away by security only to later be Comp'd for the day? That doesn't happen in the real world. There must be more to this story that you don't know, it's just not fathomable that this could happen without some circumstance that isn't obvious, I'm thinking!
wait untill guests see this, attack a CM and win a prize and get free stuff.

Euterpe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Euterpe » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:10 pm

It never happened to me personally, but in peak seasons at Soarin', it can get brutal. I had several friends who have been flipped off, called a whore, had bottle thrown at them, been spit on, shoved... Almost always just because the line is too long.

The one thing I ever witnessed was when someone came up to my friend at Stand by, asked the wait time, my friend said 120 minutes or whatever it was, and they flipped him off and walked away. That's pretty easy to deal with, but if something physical happened to me... I don't know how I'd even react.

I did once have french fries thrown at me at Port Orleans when I told a guy they weren't included on his coupon. One of many reasons I absolutely hate Pop Warner week.

Mocking Adulthood since 2004.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:53 am

Now that is beyond stupid...Throwing away french frys!

sheesh...

(it would have been great if you tried to catch one!)

hehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:34 am

Goofyernmost wrote:There is something missing in this story. A CM is attacked, it is witnessed, the guest is taken away by security only to later be Comp'd for the day? That doesn't happen in the real world. There must be more to this story that you don't know, it's just not fathomable that this could happen without some circumstance that isn't obvious, I'm thinking!
Might be something we don't know. It was a little old lady, the coworker was a coward, and the lady who was attacked is married to someone in security, and that's why she knows the day was comped. She was strongly encouraged to not press charges.

More to the story? Maybe, but that's enough information for me unless we find that this little old lady had some brain disorder.

Mystic
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mystic » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Big Wallaby wrote: She was strongly encouraged to not press charges.
Hang on, the CM was attacked by a SG and the CM was encouraged NOT to press charges? That's stupid. She was assaulted by someone, she has every right to press charges against her attacker.

August 20 - 28, 2011 - POFQ
Dec 1 - 9, 2009 - Polynesian

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 pm

Mystic wrote:Hang on, the CM was attacked by a SG and the CM was encouraged NOT to press charges? That's stupid. She was assaulted by someone, she has every right to press charges against her attacker.
Not as a CM at Disney.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."