Line Jumpers...dang, y'all are good!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Line Jumpers...dang, y'all are good!

Post by felinefan » Sun May 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Hey, at least the whole rotten crew of SGs didn't jump you and give you a strained wrist like what happened to me at Knott's. I know I posted it on here.

steverails
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by steverails » Tue May 13, 2008 8:42 pm

This happens at Everest constantly, especially with people cutting from the single rider queue to the Fastpass queue. Most CMs are good at turning these SGs around at merge point when they are unable to produce a Fastpass.

Today, I had a classic, blatant, and overall, stupid situation occur today at station assist. For those of you who are unfamiliar, this is on the Everest platform next to grouper at the end of the Singles queue. Two kids from the singles queue ducked under the ropes into our front row request waiting area-WHILE THEY WERE MAKING EYE CONTACT WITH ME! I walk over and explained they needed to go back into the singles line and they would be separated. The little punk said "Well we're together are we want to sit in the front. We didn't know...c'mon man what's your problem." I proceeded to tell them that if they wanted to ride in the front together, they would have to go through the standby queue. The kid made some remark in Spanish, but ended up going back into the singles line. The biggest sense of gratification I got from this was the Guest who actually appreciated me doing this.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:39 am

steverails wrote:This happens at Everest constantly, especially with people cutting from the single rider queue to the Fastpass queue. Most CMs are good at turning these SGs around at merge point when they are unable to produce a Fastpass.

Today, I had a classic, blatant, and overall, stupid situation occur today at station assist. For those of you who are unfamiliar, this is on the Everest platform next to grouper at the end of the Singles queue. Two kids from the singles queue ducked under the ropes into our front row request waiting area-WHILE THEY WERE MAKING EYE CONTACT WITH ME! I walk over and explained they needed to go back into the singles line and they would be separated. The little punk said "Well we're together are we want to sit in the front. We didn't know...c'mon man what's your problem." I proceeded to tell them that if they wanted to ride in the front together, they would have to go through the standby queue. The kid made some remark in Spanish, but ended up going back into the singles line. The biggest sense of gratification I got from this was the Guest who actually appreciated me doing this.

Saw pretty much the exact same thing happen when I was down there in December. Single Rider Line people thinking that they can ask for the front seat...
There was one woman working grouper who I just watched in amazement. She was a grouping MASTER. Other times I'd see a grouping CM do OK, but she seemed to have five arms directing people from the queue down to the front of the train, into the mini-queue for the front of the train, into the rear rows, directing a wheelchair party that needed the special access seat in Row 18... All the while dealing with SG's who didn't know how many were in their party of the aforementioned kids who thought they could wait for the front row while in the Singles line...

-Rob

ShankaBaby
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ShankaBaby » Wed May 14, 2008 2:44 pm

whenever i see line jumpers at my lil buzz ride, i just tell em to go to the back of the line with the tone of "i'm gonna break your legs if you don't" and if it's during grad nite.. oooh.. i'll actually say it... it's quite amusing... their faces... oo good times

what's the worst thing you can do?.. SHANKABABY

thomaskr
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by thomaskr » Wed May 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Sheesh, with all of these threats of a violent, physical nature, I'm not sure I should come clean about line-jumping when I was a kid (about the age of 10). Oh well, why not, good times and we only did it sparingly.

My brother and I are 14 months apart and were pretty inseparable. When my parents didn't want to wait in long lines for a particular ride, we'd let them shop in a store while my brother and I would run up the line saying "mom? dad?". One time at Haunted Mansion, the whole line parted to let us advance. Of course, when we got to the doors they were inevitably closed and we'd say "shoot, we just missed them!".

Another notable time was at Epcot. My bro and I closely examined the posters at the front of the 3 hour line for Captain Eo and when the doors opened, we were among the first in (frankly, the way it was laid out, the line cut us off so technically we were "swept up").

I felt a little guilty but I'm pretty sure my little brother didn't ;-)

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Wed May 28, 2008 2:37 pm

thomaskr wrote:Sheesh, with all of these threats of a violent, physical nature, I'm not sure I should come clean about line-jumping when I was a kid (about the age of 10). Oh well, why not, good times and we only did it sparingly.

My brother and I are 14 months apart and were pretty inseparable. When my parents didn't want to wait in long lines for a particular ride, we'd let them shop in a store while my brother and I would run up the line saying "mom? dad?". One time at Haunted Mansion, the whole line parted to let us advance. Of course, when we got to the doors they were inevitably closed and we'd say "shoot, we just missed them!".

Another notable time was at Epcot. My bro and I closely examined the posters at the front of the 3 hour line for Captain Eo and when the doors opened, we were among the first in (frankly, the way it was laid out, the line cut us off so technically we were "swept up").

I felt a little guilty but I'm pretty sure my little brother didn't ;-)
Tricky tricky!

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed May 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Well, Thomas, since you confessed then I will too. It wasn't when I was younger tho'...it was this past weekend. And it wasn't an actual line cut, just taking advantage of clueless people who don't know how to fill in space.

We were waiting for Disaster at USF in the Express line, and I could tell we were close to the cutoff point. I groused to Mr. Syndrome, "I just bet we're gonna get cut off," and he replied, "What's the matter with you? You're from Chicago, aren't you? Let's just use the "Chicago Connection" (our private name for all the line jumping we used to see at Six Flags Great America). Technically people should have been moving up anyway because it's more of a corral than a line, so we simply moved up as far as we could. No one said anything to me directly (if they had, I would have told them to move their butts up too), but as we were going in a group made a general complaint to a TM: "You need to have more ropes here. People are cutting the line." He just gave them a "yeah, sure, too bad so sad" kind of shrug.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed May 28, 2008 3:23 pm

"Do you might if I join my group ahead of you?"
"no, of course not, do you mind if I fart my brains out?"

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Wed May 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Syndrome wrote: We were waiting for Disaster at USF in the Express line, and I could tell we were close to the cutoff point. I groused to Mr. Syndrome, "I just bet we're gonna get cut off," and he replied, "What's the matter with you? You're from Chicago, aren't you? Let's just use the "Chicago Connection" (our private name for all the line jumping we used to see at Six Flags Great America). Technically people should have been moving up anyway because it's more of a corral than a line, so we simply moved up as far as we could. No one said anything to me directly (if they had, I would have told them to move their butts up too), but as we were going in a group made a general complaint to a TM: "You need to have more ropes here. People are cutting the line." He just gave them a "yeah, sure, too bad so sad" kind of shrug.
I swear some of the lines at Six Flags Great America were always double what they looked like because of all the line jumpers. I don't think I ever saw an employee do anything to line jumpers there, even when it was literally right in front of their faces. My favorite was when they would walk up the Flash Pass (well thats what its called now) line for Raging Bull and just hop the fence, cross the rocks, and hop the fence right behind the employee. The group couldn't be any louder and everyone in line was pointing them out....guy did nothing because that would have required him to move out from underneath the umbrella they put up to give them shade.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 pm

My first theme park job was at SFGA and we were MILITANT about line jumpers. That was part of the fun of the job. We had power! Anyone who jumped a line got kicked out. Anyone who rocked the cabins on the Orbit got kicked out after fair warning. Anyone who refused to do what we told them to do (get out of the ride area, sit down, stand up, whatever) got removed or at least spoken to by security. We were tough but fair! :D:

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]