Very Impatient Bus Driver

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Very Impatient Bus Driver

Post by ectomstr » Fri May 23, 2008 10:43 am

Why does it always seem to be that i get some of the worse bus drivers?

My sister's birthday was Wednesday and my dad had booked a 2B at Wilderness lodge from Tuesday to today. Well, Wednesday night we partied and had fun at Adventurer's club and I slept over night at the lodge. The next day we headed to DTD to see Indy 4, get some ice cream and head back to watch some more movies. We get on the bus to go back at Marketplace. The bus isn't full maybe about 1/4 of the way and we head to Pleasure Island. The recorded spiel starts and then there's this loud "DING!" and then it stops. We get to the bus stop. He stops, waits 10 seconds and then continues on. Didn't open the doors and there were people looking to get out! He starts moving forward and is about to turn when a woman yells "I need to get off!!" He laughs and apologizes and opens the door at the intersection (not the light but the turn intersection in front of planet hollywood). Throughout the trip back he continued to cut off the MiMS (i think that's what it's called) whenever it started., creating that very loud and annoying "Ding". He was also speeding. badly. I watched one car get out of OUR way instead of the otehr way around that i'm used to with buses.

Anyone know how from a guest's POV to file a complaint with Disney about this guy? I've got the time, date and bus number but no name (i was in the back of the bus)

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Very Impatient Bus Driver

Post by CBeilby » Fri May 23, 2008 2:07 pm

I suggest heading to City Hall/Guest Relations (or writing to them.) However, if Cranbiz spots this guy, I doubt he'll be around for very long, at least with Disney (Mears on the other hand...)

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri May 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Give me the details you have. I have some manager contacts and I can see them tomorrow.

PM me, please.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Fri May 23, 2008 10:29 pm

You have the most important info. Bus #, date and time. If you haven't please PM Big Wallaby. He can get your info to the right manager.

I apologize from all the good bus drivers out there. This guy needs to be termed.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Sat May 24, 2008 12:29 am

that's the thing he seemed nice just totally impatient, bout as bad as the bus we took up. the shocks were shot and the back of the bus kept hitting the speed bumps ><

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat May 24, 2008 11:47 pm

They know where each bus is and whom is supposed to be driving. Next time with any failure in customer service or a breach in safety you should immediately ask for a lead, supervisor or manager. That or as soon as you are in a park go to city hall. You can also go to your hotel to lodge a complaint.

In your case I would have asked for a supervisor. He was a danger to himself and guests and providing bad service. An immediate complaint might have saved his life (diabetic coma for example), saved others from being inconvenienced, or stopped a drunk from driving.

Big hugs and hope next time you have a better time on bussses.

hugs
churchy