Monorail Parking (all others will be towed at owner's expense)

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Switchbeam 9
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Monorail Parking (all others will be towed at owner's expense)

Post by Switchbeam 9 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:21 am

Calling all Monorail captains, skippers, pilots, and POs aka greenhorns.

I have been away from WDW for 5 1/2 months. What is new in the rails? I have no news. Any fun stuff lately? New monorail expansion rumors of it going to Universal?

I am out of the loop. Although probably my fault for neglecting this awesome forum!

When I am playing GTA4 I am disappointed that GTA has yet to have a monorail. Cops can't catch me in mah monorail!

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: Monorail Parking (all others will be towed at owner's expense)

Post by Randy B » Fri May 16, 2008 1:38 am

Switchbeam 9 wrote:Calling all Monorail captains, skippers, pilots, and POs aka greenhorns.

I have been away from WDW for 5 1/2 months. What is new in the rails? I have no news. Any fun stuff lately? New monorail expansion rumors of it going to Universal?

I am out of the loop. Although probably my fault for neglecting this awesome forum!

When I am playing GTA4 I am disappointed that GTA has yet to have a monorail. Cops can't catch me in mah monorail!
Monorail interrested outsider here.

(looks thoughtful....I know it's a real stretch, but I can sometimes pull it off)

They don't need to catch you on your monorail. Just stay in one place, cut the power to that block, and wait for you to come back around the loop. :rolleyes:

Haven't heard anyone mentioning anything new and interresting with the WDW trains. The most recent monorail news I have seen here or elsewhere was the NEW DL trains that can't be used on the track because they can't make the curves without self destructing.

Anyone else?

Randy

Switchbeam 9
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Switchbeam 9 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:55 am

Yeah that was funny about the DL trains. They went off the original Mark V blue prints but they had to make beam clearance alterations later in the building process that were not including in the blue prints. I am sure the result had a lot of big wigs pretty steamed :D Heard they had to send Red back to Canada.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri May 16, 2008 3:01 am

Switchbeam 9 wrote:Yeah that was funny about the DL trains. They went off the original Mark V blue prints but they had to make beam clearance alterations later in the building process that were not including in the blue prints. I am sure the result had a lot of big wigs pretty steamed :D Heard they had to send Red back to Canada.
I can hear the reaming out all the way out here in Illinois.

"NOW you know why ANY changes and modifications MUST be doccumented and corrected on the blueprints!

But, Boss, we just trimmed a little unneccissary flashing.

I SAID ALL MODIFICATIONS MUST BE DOCCUMENTED!!!"

Sure makes for a good object lession to people in MANY industries. I may have to mention this to some of the engineers around here at the radio station. Maybe I can convince them that NO detail is too small to properly doccument.

Randy

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri May 16, 2008 9:08 am

Switchbeam 9 wrote:Yeah that was funny about the DL trains. They went off the original Mark V blue prints but they had to make beam clearance alterations later in the building process that were not including in the blue prints. I am sure the result had a lot of big wigs pretty steamed :D Heard they had to send Red back to Canada.
Last I heard was it was taking trips around the park after dark, and it never went back to Canada. Disney says sending it back to America's Hat (aka Canada) was never considered. You can read about it here:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1547

Monorail Blue should be arriving soon!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Fri May 16, 2008 11:41 am

Switchbeam 9 wrote:I am out of the loop. Although probably my fault for neglecting this awesome forum!
Wait. The monorail has a loop?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri May 16, 2008 11:57 am

Buggy wrote:Wait. The monorail has a loop?
Yeah, but ya gotta get going REAL fast!!

The loop is inside the giant golfball!!

(now watch the rumor on other boards catch on fire!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: Magic Kingdom
Department: Jungle Navigation Co
Position: Skipper

Post by albino_pygmy » Fri May 16, 2008 12:14 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Yeah, but ya gotta get going REAL fast!!

The loop is inside the giant golfball!!

(now watch the rumor on other boards catch on fire!!)

As much as I'd like to see this rumor spread like wildfire, I doubt it would. Now, if it was about linking every single resort and park, and parking lot, and DTD, and Universal, and the airport, and DLR with a mega monorail system, then I'd see that one be spread a lot more (if it hasn't been already, hehe) Some people would believe anything, and it's funny to try to start false rumors. I remember hearing one butler at mansion talk about the never before seen kitchen scene that you pass by just after you exit the stretching room but had to add a hallway in that area because people got lost, ha!

Skipper's General Warning!
Reading of this signature might result in the following:
Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri May 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Heya, Switchbeam...

I am sending you a PM with a bunch of seemingly random numbers, but I think you will enjoy them. Yes, that is all from memory.

Geez, I'm gonna leak it here any time. I promise, early next month I have an announcement to make that I have already told a few people here, and others already know. Switchbeam, when I send that PM to you, you'll know exactly what I am doing.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Fri May 16, 2008 8:15 pm

I personally don't like the look of the new monorails at DL. Never liked the "Buck Rogers Space ship" look.

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.