AMAZING MAW Story

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: AMAZING MAW Story

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed May 14, 2008 7:56 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I think the point is mute.

!
Going for the Malaprop, but substitute moot if you want too!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed May 14, 2008 11:51 pm

I run a fansite for a book that is being touted as the next Harry Potter. The authors originally self published the book with a printrun of 2,000, so the book is pretty rare. I have a copy that is signed and dated and this story inspired me to sell my superfluous copy on eBay to benefit GKTW. The auction will take place some time in June or July. I have a description of GKTW as well as a story from a family I encountered from my days as an Angel (volunteer). As soon as I get my website fixed I will post the link.

Petite and Proud!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed May 14, 2008 11:58 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:I run a fansite for a book that is being touted as the next Harry Potter. The authors originally self published the book with a printrun of 2,000, so the book is pretty rare. I have a copy that is signed and dated and this story inspired me to sell my superfluous copy on eBay to benefit GKTW. The auction will take place some time in June or July. I have a description of GKTW as well as a story from a family I encountered from my days as an Angel (volunteer). As soon as I get my website fixed I will post the link.
That sounds pretty neat. Can you post a link to the site?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Thu May 15, 2008 12:06 am

The site is [url="http://www.topsoiler.com]here[/url] but the MAW page isn't up yet. I run my site through startlogic and I'm currently experiencing an issue with my editor. It will save changes but not publish to the web, so the page is oudated by about a week or so. I am on hold with customer service chat as I type. I'll post a link to the MAW page as soon as I can get it published.

Petite and Proud!

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:I run a fansite for a book that is being touted as the next Harry Potter. The authors originally self published the book with a printrun of 2,000, so the book is pretty rare. I have a copy that is signed and dated and this story inspired me to sell my superfluous copy on eBay to benefit GKTW. The auction will take place some time in June or July. I have a description of GKTW as well as a story from a family I encountered from my days as an Angel (volunteer). As soon as I get my website fixed I will post the link.
That is awsome!!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu May 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Back to holding doors, it also goes back to treating others as you want others to treat you. The Libbers got that and a few other things wrong; I'm old enough to remember.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Thu May 15, 2008 10:58 pm

felinefan wrote:Back to holding doors, it also goes back to treating others as you want others to treat you. The Libbers got that and a few other things wrong; I'm old enough to remember.
I don't see where feminism says that you can't treat others as you want to be treated. Feminism is the radical idea that women are people; how is that possibly wrong?

On a tangent, I think it's more ethical to treat others as they want to be treated, not as I want to be treated. Granted that that is harder to figure out, but I'm not going to assume that what I want is the same as what anyone else wants.

In other words, if you are in Rome, be polite in the Roman way, not the Irish way.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Amphigorey wrote:...be polite in the Roman way, not the Irish way.
What's the difference?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu May 15, 2008 11:52 pm

hobie16 wrote:What's the difference?
Well the Irish way involves whiskey. :D:

Randy

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture