Juggling Plates

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Juggling Plates

Post by dazyhill » Fri May 02, 2008 12:37 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Sounds like a great cruise! Did you get a chance to partake of the stuff here in San Diego, or did you have to skedaddle to the airport?
I live 80 miles north of San Diego (10 min from DL,less than 5 from KBF). Usually if I am in San Diego,I go to the zoo or Sea World,but not this time. :(
I had a bad cold ( thanks to the AC on the ship) and we were all pretty exhausted.
We rented a car and drove back home. It was a bit of a hassle to get the rental car. There was only one Hertz shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. When the shuttle arrived, a huge group of Carnival passengers pushed in front of us and we lost out. (My Mom has a really bad back making it hard for her to move.) My dad had to take a taxi to the airport,get the car, and drive back to the cruise terminal. All while my mom and I baked in 92+ heat. :mad:
I love visiting San Diego. I adore the zoo. I would have a membership if I lived a little closer. Sea World is great too. I just wish they would focus on the animals instead of rides. The Penguin Encounter needs a serious upgrade!
The last time I visited San Diego, it was to see Avenue Q last August.
Maybe later in the summer.
And yes,it was a fantastic cruise. A great way to see the Panama Canal and fantastic service. I will definitely sail with Holland America again. I do however want to take a Disney cruise someday.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri May 02, 2008 12:45 am

dazyhill wrote:I live 80 miles north of San Diego (10 min from DL,less than 5 from KBF). Usually if I am in San Diego,I go to the zoo or Sea World,but not this time. :(
I had a bad cold ( thanks to the AC on the ship) and we were all pretty exhausted.
I will definitely sail with Holland America again. I do however want to take a Disney cruise someday.
Yep, A lot of fun things in San Diego. DW and I were looking to do a cruise, to Antartica, but the line that we were looking at lost a ship, sooooo.

Another poster told me about the Disney tour vacations, and we started looking at now are going to take at least three of them, with a number of others on our "alternate" list!

I do have her half convinced that we should do a 30 day to Australia, but we both max out on fun at about two weeks! (And the Grumpy pups would be miffed)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri May 02, 2008 12:53 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Another poster told me about the Disney tour vacations, and we started looking at now are going to take at least three of them, with a number of others on our "alternate" list!
I don't suppose your list includes next January's Disney Adventure to Australia? SWMBO signed us up immediately she discovered it was to be a no-kids tour.

Zazu

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri May 02, 2008 12:57 am

Zazu wrote:I don't suppose your list includes next January's Disney Adventure to Australia? SWMBO signed us up immediately she discovered it was to be a no-kids tour.
Actually that is at the top! (Now that I know its no-kids!!) We are also looking at the China trip! and Ireland!!

(Wish they offered a Scotland trip!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Yep, A lot of fun things in San Diego. DW and I were looking to do a cruise, to Antartica, but the line that we were looking at lost a ship, sooooo.
(visualizing a person in naval officer uniform) I swear I parked it right here! :eek:
Zazu wrote:I don't suppose your list includes next January's Disney Adventure to Australia? SWMBO signed us up immediately she discovered it was to be a no-kids tour.
I guess that means you won't be able to go with her on that trip. Or do they not count "kid at heart"? :D:

Randy

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:06 am

Randy B wrote:(visualizing a person in naval officer uniform) I swear I parked it right here! :eek:
Here it is!!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.