Sir, Disneyland Park is not your hotel room, for goodness sake!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Sir, Disneyland Park is not your hotel room, for goodness sake!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:00 pm

hobie16 wrote:It was $56 mil. I'd love to see his calculations on how he arrived at that figure.
An article that I read about the suit explained how he arrived at that. It included him buying or renting a car to drive to another cleaners, parking for the car, and emotional distress, etc. Total B.S., but he got it filed.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:08 pm

I remember reading about some old guy who was so sue-happy,when a judge ruled against him, he sued the judge. Did you see where the widow of John Ritter is still trying to sue the doctors over his death? He was treated for a heart attack because that's what they thought it was, but it turns out it was an extremely rare tear in his heart. You can't prevent those things, and they have a high fatality rate. But the widow is still trying to find a way to blame them for his death! Honestly, there's something seriously wrong with people who sue for every little thing. They have to have some kind of mental disorder, like people who collect stuff until their houses are packed full of stuff, or animal collectors, those people have obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Just like the Weird Al song, "I'll Sue Ya", they sue over the dumbest things!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:17 pm

felinefan wrote:I remember reading about some old guy who was so sue-happy,when a judge ruled against him, he sued the judge. Did you see where the widow of John Ritter is still trying to sue the doctors over his death? He was treated for a heart attack because that's what they thought it was, but it turns out it was an extremely rare tear in his heart. You can't prevent those things, and they have a high fatality rate. But the widow is still trying to find a way to blame them for his death! Honestly, there's something seriously wrong with people who sue for every little thing. They have to have some kind of mental disorder, like people who collect stuff until their houses are packed full of stuff, or animal collectors, those people have obsessive-compulsive disorder.
And, here it is! I'll Sue Ya!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eu-6IppcvRo

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:23 pm

felinefan wrote:I remember reading about some old guy who was so sue-happy,when a judge ruled against him, he sued the judge. Did you see where the widow of John Ritter is still trying to sue the doctors over his death? He was treated for a heart attack because that's what they thought it was, but it turns out it was an extremely rare tear in his heart. You can't prevent those things, and they have a high fatality rate. But the widow is still trying to find a way to blame them for his death! Honestly, there's something seriously wrong with people who sue for every little thing. They have to have some kind of mental disorder, like people who collect stuff until their houses are packed full of stuff, or animal collectors, those people have obsessive-compulsive disorder.
We have a guy here in San Diego that goes to businesses and then sues them for violating the ADA because they are in violation of the act. He then settles for money. He has filed over 1500 lawsuits in the last few years. most businesses settle, then go out of business because they cannot afford the thousands he settles for. Its basically legalized extortion!

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:01 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:We have a guy here in San Diego that goes to businesses and then sues them for violating the ADA because they are in violation of the act. He then settles for money. He has filed over 1500 lawsuits in the last few years. most businesses settle, then go out of business because they cannot afford the thousands he settles for. Its basically legalized extortion!
I think he was mentioned on Penn & Teller's Bulls***, in their episode about the ADA.

-Rob

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:19 pm

Rob562 wrote:I think he was mentioned on Penn & Teller's Bulls***, in their episode about the ADA.

-Rob
I believe your are right. (love that show!!) He is at it again! they had a news story yesterday where he filed aginst a small strip mall here.

Morticia
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Morticia » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:58 am

Rob562 wrote:... His estranged family even tried to sue Sea World because "they portray Shamu as being a huggable stuffed animal"....
But really, what part of "killer whale" don't you understand?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Morticia wrote:But really, what part of "killer whale" don't you understand?
I saw a man hold his INFANT over the edge of the tank after the Shamu show in San Diego. It would have taken exactly one second for Shamu to come up and grab that child in his mouth and into the water! Security stopped him, but he should have been booked for child endangerment. :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:37 am

thats great! exactly how they feed them!

I guess the SG wandered down from DLR!!