Happy 5th Anniversary!

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Happy 5th Anniversary!

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:17 am

I so wish I could go on a Zazu tour, sigh. Again thanks for the memories

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:50 am

Whazzup wrote:Hey! I made Jabberjaw with that post above!! Never in my life would I have imagined I would post that many times to a forum. You guys ARE addicting!
:D:
I'm approaching my ten thousandth post on DisBoards. I have found that both reporting posts as well as sending PMs count as posts.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:53 am

Zazu wrote:I'm hoping I can find a way to sneak back into the park. If I can manage to land plaid at MK, I'll even be working in the same building as the Area Manager who chased me off, and he won't even be able to threaten me!
Have you ever thought of trying for Disney Institute. They tend to be the ones doing many of the tours.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:48 pm

Uh, I am very interested in the Disney Institute. More info, por favor?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Uh, I am very interested in the Disney Institute. More info, por favor?
It officially opened at the beginning of February 1996 at what is now SSR. It was designed as an immersive educational experience.

Judy and I, as Disneyana ConventionEars, were able to attend the very first soft opening that was not cast members. The schedule had people arriving Monday and staying until Friday, or arrival Friday and stay until Monday. It included room, all meals, and a schedule of classes that you picked in advance, as well as educational nighttime entertainment.

Unfortunately is was marketed wrong and closed down to the public. However, Disney has continued DI (see http://www.disneyinstitute.com) to do instruction for business organization in how to properly run businesses, especially for Guest Relations (as in "The Disney Way"). They do a lot of specialized backstage tours. They also get involved in event planning for special cast events.

The two theaters and the classrooms and stuff at SSR were (and may still be) part of the DI.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:16 am

I have the vhs tape they sent out from the Institute as an advertisement years ago. where is it.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:27 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:It officially opened at the beginning of February 1996 at what is now SSR. It was designed as an immersive educational experience.

Judy and I, as Disneyana ConventionEars, were able to attend the very first soft opening that was not cast members. The schedule had people arriving Monday and staying until Friday, or arrival Friday and stay until Monday. It included room, all meals, and a schedule of classes that you picked in advance, as well as educational nighttime entertainment.

Unfortunately is was marketed wrong and closed down to the public. However, Disney has continued DI (see http://www.disneyinstitute.com) to do instruction for business organization in how to properly run businesses, especially for Guest Relations (as in "The Disney Way"). They do a lot of specialized backstage tours. They also get involved in event planning for special cast events.

The two theaters and the classrooms and stuff at SSR were (and may still be) part of the DI.
We got a brochure, and a tape a few years ago, It really sounded interesting. So much so that DW and I were goint to take a few courses! Then I got caught up in work and couldn't make some of the planned trips, and when I did try and book it, the reservations said they were no longer available!! DARN!! DW was going to take the cooking class!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Awwww,

HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY, SGT!!

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:41 am

Yeah, you wanna see a really subversive site, check out http://www.kbfdrama.com. That the Knott's site, and they have been under attack by park management. We were even forced to sign a broadly-worded statement that we wouldn't use the internet for personal purposes on company time, but it really meant they were scared spitless of KBFD, and were trying to shut it down. Like that's gonna happen! They even tried to infiltrate the site, but the person who did the infiltrating was so amateurish we had no problem getting rid of him.