Annual Passholders and their families

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cloud Buster
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Cloud Buster » Tue May 18, 2004 8:26 pm

Exactly....they're just helping the APs give themselves an over-glorification, so they can show off to everyone in line -- "I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING BECAUSE I AM AN ANNUAL PASSHOLDER. ASK ME QUESTIONS BECAUSE I COME HERE ALL THE TIME AND I KNOW EVERYTHING, I EVEN KNOW MORE THAN THE CMs BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT BEEN WORKING HERE AS LONG AS I HAVE BEEN COMING HERE"....etc, etc, etc....

hulkcoaster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by hulkcoaster » Tue May 18, 2004 8:49 pm

Not when they are APs!!!!!!!!! I ran a show for TWO whole freakin' guests who were proudly displaying their Annual Passes around their necks! I wanted to KILL them for two reasons:
1) They've probably seen it before, and honestly, once or twice is ENOUGH!
2) They coulda gone back on another day! They did not NEED to see it then, it was not their last chance. ARGH!
I don't see the point in arguing that the AP's were stupid because they chose to see an attraction when it was open. Boo hoo, you actually had to finish your shift. Big deal. They may have been extended stay guests (comes for 8 days or more on vacation and it is cheaper for them to buy an AP) for all you know.

SassyTinkrBelle8
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Golden Dreams, CA Screamin', Maliboomer/Orange Stinger

Post by SassyTinkrBelle8 » Wed May 19, 2004 2:39 am

Cloud Buster wrote:
Where do you work, SassyTink, Golden Dreams?
yes, I do. :lol:

hulkcoaster wrote:
Boo hoo, you actually had to finish your shift. Big deal.
I ALWAYS finish my shift, whether its double checking the theatre for things, or putting other stuff away, or talking to my lead about important things that happened that day. I never just take off. I was talking about running the last show which is always ran right when the park closes for people that I can tell have seen it before, especially when they say, "we always watch this one."

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed May 19, 2004 8:31 pm

hulkcoaster wrote:I don't see the point in arguing that the AP's were stupid because they chose to see an attraction when it was open. Boo hoo, you actually had to finish your shift. Big deal. They may have been extended stay guests (comes for 8 days or more on vacation and it is cheaper for them to buy an AP) for all you know.
It's not exactly that, it's somewhat creapy when you are doing a show and there are only 2 people on it. When you think about it the firearm that I use on the show holds 6 shots. I can literally shoot each guest 3 times and not have to reload. That is if I used live ammo and shot the guests on the shows, but you know what I mean.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

SassyTinkrBelle8
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SassyTinkrBelle8 » Thu May 20, 2004 3:02 am

coldfire409 wrote:
It's not exactly that, it's somewhat creapy when you are doing a show and there are only 2 people on it. When you think about it the firearm that I use on the show holds 6 shots. I can literally shoot each guest 3 times and not have to reload. That is if I used live ammo and shot the guests on the shows, but you know what I mean.
LOL, yeah, its really wierd to sit there and watch a show with only two people in there. I've done it for one. There's just something strange about being in a fairly big theatre with just two other people at the end of the night.

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Thu May 20, 2004 8:01 am

We've run Fantasmic for a group of 20 before. It was after a huge rainstorm that evaced into ToTS, almost everyone left. Then these few people came in and really wanted to see it.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu May 20, 2004 11:22 am

SassyTinkrBelle8 wrote:Having said that, you all must know how it feels to run the last show for only two, sometimes ONE person, you don't want to do it. So you do everything possible to talk guests out of it. Tell them about other cool things they still have a chance to do. In my case, I can usually bribe them with the Eletrical Parade.... Not when they are APs!!!!!!!!! I ran a show for TWO whole freakin' guests who were proudly displaying their Annual Passes around their necks! I wanted to KILL them for two reasons:
1) They've probably seen it before, and honestly, once or twice is ENOUGH!
2) They coulda gone back on another day! They did not NEED to see it then, it was not their last chance. ARGH!

I hate running the show for only two or three people...
Why? It's not like it's your JOB or anything. Wow, what do you have to do, hit a button - the one that says "START," right ? :roll:

I can sympathize with the unruly guests, having guests yell at me, asking stupid questions, but I CANNOT rationalize WHY you think it's so beyond you to run a lousy show for 1 person.

Gawd, I hope you never really get into customer service.

PoohBunniesHutch
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PoohBunniesHutch » Thu May 20, 2004 2:39 pm

Well, hanging an AP from my neck is just about the only way I can keep from losing it. I'm most decidedly anal retentive and insist on putting things in their proper place immediately upon using said item. Well, it really pissed my hubby off that I had to stop, put it away then stop, pull it out again and again and again.

So for my b-day he got me a lanyard.

So, now I have to make sure that the case is sealed tightly and all.....

SassyTinkrBelle8
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SassyTinkrBelle8 » Fri May 21, 2004 3:48 am

leftcoaster wrote:Why? It's not like it's your JOB or anything. Wow, what do you have to do, hit a button - the one that says "START," right ? :roll:

I can sympathize with the unruly guests, having guests yell at me, asking stupid questions, but I CANNOT rationalize WHY you think it's so beyond you to run a lousy show for 1 person.

Gawd, I hope you never really get into customer service.
OK, when did this turn into me just not wanting to do my job?! I LOVE my job. My favorite part about the job is the interaction. I usually have good experiences at work. I really do, sometimes I just don't feel like watching it again. I put that post the day that it happened. I really did not want to watch it that night. Even the guy that I was working with came out and said, "only two, man that sucks" Also, I only know one attraction, over half a year, and I'm barely going to learn a new one. A movie gets old. I really do like my job. I LOVE it. I don't want to work anywhere else. Everyone has their off days, sorry that mine is the only one that people feel the need to bash.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri May 21, 2004 2:03 pm

Folks, perhaps this is a good time for a reminder that this web site is the right place to bitch about your job. Doesn't matter if you have a legitimate bitch or not. Blowing off steam is one of the things we're about here.

More importantly, this web site is not the right place to bash each other for any reason -- even if you're right. There are lots of different people here, and we're obviously going to disagree at times. You know the saying: "Three managers, four policies."

If you don't understand someone, by all means feel free to ask about it. If you understand, but just don't agree, by all means say that you don't agree. Just don't let things degenerate into personal insults.

This rule applies especially to newbies! Image

Zazu