I'm sorry, Ma'am, but this isn't Kinder Care

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: I'm sorry, Ma'am, but this isn't Kinder Care

Post by February » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:14 pm

ktulu wrote:I'll go into VS, I'll also go down Aisle 8A at the Mega Lo Mart (used to be Aisle 13).
Good for you! Mine is a hero when it comes to any shopping that needs to be done- I think the thing is that when it comes to lingerie stores that he feels like other women are staring at him like 'what are you doing in here, pervert' LOL.

Believe me, after dealing with my medical problems and taking care of me all these years, a trip up aisle 8A (or 13 as it were) is a cake walk.

Heres to the real men! Real men will buy feminine hygiene products without batting an eye, and if they're really smart they throw in a bottle of Advil, a bag of chips and a bag of hershey's kisses. Forget Valentines day- that is the way to really win a woman's heart in her hour of need LOL

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by crystal_crtr » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:39 pm

DisneyMom wrote:I'm sorry, but it would be in my evil mind to call security, have them hold the kids for a while in a separate area, then feign dumbness when the caregiver returned for the kid(s). "Why, Timmy and Tammy were here, but that man said he was their Daddy, so he left with them. Is there a problem?"
Now, that is just my evil mind, I WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING. However, how many tragedies do we hear about with a kid left unattended by their parents in a shopping mall? :mad:
That reminds me of little Adam Walsh. I can not understand why any mother or father would just leave their kid anywhere. I saw a story where a mother left her one year old in her car while she went to work. She said she had forgotten he was in there. How do you forget your child is in the car. Her defense was he was in a rear facing car seat, she couldn't see him and she was on the cell phone and forgot to drop him off at daycare. :eek: How do you forget your child?

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney[/font]

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:49 am

February wrote:It is a sinking feeling to stick your hand into Plush Mountain to straighten it up at the end of the night and feel something slimy and soggy.

After the first time it happened, I never reached a whole hand in there again. Fingertips only *shudder*
better use welding gloves over a pair ov rubber gloves and lots of lysol, lol.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:08 am

ktulu wrote:I'll go into VS, I'll also go down Aisle 8A at the Mega Lo Mart (used to be Aisle 13).
Wait a minute, there really is a Mega Lo Mart or are you just using it as a general term. I thought it was something made up for King of the Hill.

susislicker wrote:
There is a whole thread going on on one of the Board X's about snot covered plushies at stores. It is pretty funny actually. Just remember to check EVERY item you pick up in a store. They are talking about how some parentrs let a child pick up a toy or something in a store to keep them amused while shopping and that then find all sorts of slobber and snot on the items. I always pick my item from the back, but that does not seem to be the answer anymore. If they are straightening out a display, they will pull all the items off and rearrange, so your back of the display item might actually have been in the front at one time! :eek: AND may have had some kid using it as a sucky toy!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I don't need no more germies, I have enough of my own!!!!!!
Susi
I hate this. I have bought a couple of things because I wasn't watching my daughter closely enough and she got it into her mouth (she's at that age, everything goes in her mouth) I bought the things cause I thought it would just be gross for someone else to touch it after. And in these cases it was just baby slobber and probably fairly germ free since she wasn't sick at the time. Thankfully at least one of the items was one where I was trying to decide being two things. I'm busy looking at one, I go to look at the other one and she's got it in her mouth so I basically said, ok guess we're getting that one.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:35 am

lady ulrike wrote:Wait a minute, there really is a Mega Lo Mart or are you just using it as a general term. I thought it was something made up for King of the Hill.
Oh the fun I could have with this, but it's just made up for King of the Hill :)

or is it...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 am

When I worked at Knott's (you guys have to be getting sick of that intro by now....) :) , we had parents trying to use the Lost Child Center to drop their kids off while they went on the rides their kids couldn't join them on. I remember there was this one girl, she wouldn't tell the attendant who she was or where her parents were--must've been 10-12 years old, if I remember right--and was acting weird. Jump up on the ledge, look out the window, be really jumpy, jump down off the ledge (when the building was an actual rail depot, this was the ticket office part), and finally when a family walked by, she just ran out and joined them. Bizarre, to say the least. Oh, well, she was with her family anyway.

There would be a few kids who'd cry, but most settled down and played video games, colored, etc..

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:21 am

felinefan wrote:When I worked at Knott's (you guys have to be getting sick of that intro by now....) :) , we had parents trying to use the Lost Child Center to drop their kids off while they went on the rides their kids couldn't join them on. I remember there was this one girl, she wouldn't tell the attendant who she was or where her parents were--must've been 10-12 years old, if I remember right--and was acting weird. Jump up on the ledge, look out the window, be really jumpy, jump down off the ledge (when the building was an actual rail depot, this was the ticket office part), and finally when a family walked by, she just ran out and joined them. Bizarre, to say the least. Oh, well, she was with her family anyway.

There would be a few kids who'd cry, but most settled down and played video games, colored, etc..
Sounds like maybe the girl might have had a disability. :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:17 am

February wrote:Good for you! Mine is a hero when it comes to any shopping that needs to be done- I think the thing is that when it comes to lingerie stores that he feels like other women are staring at him like 'what are you doing in here, pervert' LOL.

Believe me, after dealing with my medical problems and taking care of me all these years, a trip up aisle 8A (or 13 as it were) is a cake walk.

Heres to the real men! Real men will buy feminine hygiene products without batting an eye, and if they're really smart they throw in a bottle of Advil, a bag of chips and a bag of hershey's kisses. Forget Valentines day- that is the way to really win a woman's heart in her hour of need LOL
Raffle will go to the store for me for my *femi hygiene products* He is a true Prince. he gets a little red in the face when the female sales clerk asks him what he needs when he is on that aisle. He will just mumble, "My wife needs em, for you know, those woman things!" LOL! he is so funny. The lady is an older woman probably in her late 60's and he knows her, but he still turns beet red. :o: **chuckle**
HRH Princess Susi :queen:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:23 am

Princess Susi wrote:Raffle will go to the store for me for my *femi hygiene products* He is a true Prince. he gets a little red in the face when the female sales clerk asks him what he needs when he is on that aisle. He will just mumble, "My wife needs em, for you know, those woman things!" LOL! he is so funny. The lady is an older woman probably in her late 60's and he knows her, but he still turns beet red. :o: **chuckle**
HRH Princess Susi :queen:
Heh. I'll do the shopping, too, if necessary -- but if there is someone else hovering around that aisle, I'll move on and shop for other things first. I'll get the stuff, but I'd rather not have to talk about it. :o:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:58 am

BRWombat wrote:Heh. I'll do the shopping, too, if necessary -- but if there is someone else hovering around that aisle, I'll move on and shop for other things first. I'll get the stuff, but I'd rather not have to talk about it. :o:
Not me. I'll even ask for advice from women on the aisle :D:

Usually though I have detailed description on what to buy.

Speaking of embarrassing things to buy, one night when I was the overnight checker at the grocery store I worked at, I had a customer come up and put down a 12 pack of beer, pack of cigarettes and a box of condoms. There was no talking until I was done ringing him up, I sent him on his way with an enthusiastic "Have a GREAT night!"

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."