Reader Mail

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Reader Mail

Post by CujoSR » Tue May 20, 2003 11:57 pm

Dear Readers,
It has been a while since my last update, but I assure you this one is a doozy. A couple weeks ago I received an email from one of our new members. She got a company e-mail stating that any Cast Members found posting on this site will be subject to disciplinary action. Her are some excerpts from her e-mail. (I am leaving the original author anyonomus[sp?] for this reason.)
...other then that i am already a huge fan of your site and i cannot wait to put my postings on there although at work was already an e-mail going around that everyone who is caught posting on your site will endure disciplinary action...
...i can tell you that it was written in the most nonthreatening way to protect themselfs. they just dont want us to write any kind of contribution to your site since also guests can read this and they dont want guests to know that we make fun of them on a hourly basis. so it was just to let us know that if they find any postings of us or if they identify us then we shall have management on our tail which may not exclude disciplinary action. since i am not protected by a union (do you know what department i am now?) i cannot let things happen to me because noone is very afraid to fire anybody for no reason at all. they can always say it was attendance related with us.so now you know...
I'm pretty sure that this only applies to Guest Relations CMs considering they have no union and can fire at will. This is why I stongly urge all our members to keep thier identitys as secret as possible.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Wed May 21, 2003 12:46 pm

The Disney Gestapo at it again. Please everyone, make sure you don't commit a THOUGHT CRIME OR BIG BROTHER WILL GET YOU!!!

Here's a visual simulation of the man trying to hold us down:

:hammer:

Please note that the person with the hammer is using the correct smile. We must always be on-stage after all!

To any Disney Gestapo out there I have one thing to say to you:

:pbjtime: :pbjtime: :pbjtime:

You will never break PBJTIME'S SPIRIT!!!

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Thu May 22, 2003 11:44 pm

damn, those managers never change their attitudes...

of course, I'm sure Cynthia is online every night checking this site out trying to see if she catches any naughty cast members in the act - for shame, for shame! Thank god I quit years ago. They don't just want to control your working hours, they want to control your brain and your life - ugh!!!

hmmmmm...what to do to those pinhead nazi managers....

:throw:

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Fri May 23, 2003 3:04 am

Okay I am going to say the unpopular answer to this debate. I am a believer of free speech but I know the lines are thin when it comes to being a Cast Member. As much as I am opposed to the dictatorship that Disney has become, did it occur to anybody that the only way management would know is if someone spoke about it at work? All of us go by screen names here anyway but if a CM is dimwitted enough to spill all the details while working (it's not a conversation to have onstage at any rate) then they deserve to lose their job. It's not a nice thing to say but there it is. I know that this will make some members upset but I felt it needed to be said. Thank you for your anger in advance.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Fri May 23, 2003 11:36 am

Managers surf the internet too, you know.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun May 25, 2003 6:11 pm

let me clarify a thing or two...lol...

First of all, if people chose to post here about something especially stupid that a guest did in front of them at work, and the person is posting on their own time from home or someplace away from a Disneyland company computer, it's their own damn business...not the park's. My father used to work for an international airline, and if one of the Beatles came through or if a passenger or crew member did something memorable, we'd hear about it. Does management think that people don't talk during the off-hours about what they see or hear? It's only Disneyland, people. It's not a federal job requiring that anyone sign something swearing secrecy or first-borns as a penalty. I remember years ago when I was in grade school, this girl in my class coming in one day announcing that her father had run over a guy with his Monorail (the infamous grad night episode). Whether or not management likes it, word gets out, especially in this day of instantaneous communication.

Next, the park doesn't want cast members making fun of the guests? Hello...I've had supervisors/managers make fun of the guests in front of the crews once safely away from the beasts. I don't know where they expect to find 25,000 people who are so icky-poo sweet that they would never ever question or poke fun at the ridiculous things one sees day after day in a public place, albeit one that charges admission. Excuse me, but if Letterman and Leno can make fun of the Pope, the President and assorted others who are supposed to hold positions of respect, lesser mortals should be able to dish about our worldly peers. Please.

One would think that with the way the Eastside looks these days, with the entire place looking pretty shabby compared to before Eisner took over, with the profitability questions and with preparing for the big 5-0 that management people would have better things to worry about than how some cast members (past and present) blow off a little steam on their own time. Get over it managers - this is the way the real world works...

:evil:

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon May 26, 2003 10:43 am

You hit the nail right on the head, BirdMom. Thank You.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."