SG. . .germs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: SG. . .germs

Post by GuestJockey » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Oh god - this thread makes me think of two words: LOST & FOUND.

Try diving head first into a dark trash bag full of wet, gross, germy, awful crap. I ask you, who loses underwear in Critter Country? How, exactly, did the dentures get INTO the water in Small World?

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:09 pm

GuestJockey wrote:Oh god - this thread makes me think of two words: LOST & FOUND.

Try diving head first into a dark trash bag full of wet, gross, germy, awful crap. I ask you, who loses underwear in Critter Country? How, exactly, did the dentures get INTO the water in Small World?
*runs screaming from thread to go take a shower*

(seriously though you should be knighted or sainted, or both, for doing that!!!! and I love your tag line!)

MCP

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:15 am

February wrote:*runs screaming from thread to go take a shower*

(seriously though you should be knighted or sainted, or both, for doing that!!!! and I love your tag line!)

MCP
LOL, thanks! It can get VERY gross in there. Good thing we've got purell dispensers on every wall.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 pm

GuestJockey wrote:Oh god - this thread makes me think of two words: LOST & FOUND.

Now THAT should be a story!!!!!

(maybe the critters needed to get out?)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:07 pm

One time we had to rescue a bunny swimming in small world. My trainer put on waders and fished it out of the water.

Philhar is the worst for random items. My least favorite to clean up is the dirty diapers under the seats. People literally change their children in the middle of the show, then bundle up the diapers and stash them under the chair! :eek:

Petite and Proud!

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:45 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:One time we had to rescue a bunny swimming in small world. My trainer put on waders and fished it out of the water.

Philhar is the worst for random items. My least favorite to clean up is the dirty diapers under the seats. People literally change their children in the middle of the show, then bundle up the diapers and stash them under the chair! :eek:
In regards to the bunny, I think I'm the Pied Pipper for baby animals. 1) I found a baby bird in the Utilidor (right next to the door for the Cafeteria). Luckily one of the captains was walking by, and he deals with birds, so I got him to help. We named the bird Jack, as it was a baby sparrow. 2) This happened over in the UK. I was back in the breakroom on break, when Alice comes back and tells me to come, as there is a lady with a baby squirel! Apparently she found it on the ground, and picked it up. We had to call Animal Control to come get it. But it was soooo cute. 3) This took place in the theater at AA. A bird flew up into one of the lamps, and was stuck. It couldn't figure out to fly back down the way it came, so it was just sitting on the ledge looking pitiful. So a coordinator told me to pull gently on its tail and pull it down. It wasn't hurt and flew away.

Now, as to the second one- that is sooooo gross!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:56 pm

I was working outside and just my youngest was at home with me. She was two. She came out and told me a hummingbird was inside the house and banging against the windows. I took a soft broom and tried to herd it out but it just flew higher.

I told my daughter to get her ballet tuu tuu and I got a ladder. I went up the ladder and when the bird got tired and dropped down I bundled it up in the tuu tuu.

We carried it outside and I expected it to fly off when I opened up the tuu tuu but it's claws were stuck in the fabric. I slowly worked them out but the poor bird was so tired it just sat there. My daughter reached over and stroked its head for a couple of minutes until suddenly, BZZZZZZZ, it was gone. It was a pretty cool experience. :cool:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:34 pm

I looked out in our backyard one morning to see a bird with his leg stuck between the fence boards. It was all bloody, but I went out and talked gently to the thing (it still freaked out), grabbed it, pulled the leg out and watched it fly away with a gimp leg hanging.

We saw a one legged crow at the Dallas Zoo...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by crystal_crtr » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:12 pm

On one board a mother was saying that her son had been in contact with Chicken Pox. Someone on the board told her to put makeup and a hoodie on him. They were going to be traveling on a plane from overseas. I sure hope that she has enough sense not to take that advice. Especially considering how contagious that is.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney[/font]

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:33 pm

I think it is bad when a guest comes to the parks sick. If your child does have chicken pox keep them away from the parks. I had a slight exposure to them when I was young. I was told by my doctor- if I get another round of the chicken pox it can be dangerous. I have seen the kids not happy and scratching. Chicken pox to my knowledge can last up to 3 weeks max. Getting their illness is not fun. :mad: