I've Had enough, Pregnancy is not a f%#&*%g dissability.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Luthien
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: I've Had enough, Pregnancy is not a f%#&*%g dissability.

Post by Luthien » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:08 pm

I was 7 months pregnant with my youngest when we were in DW in 2000 - it can work but you need to listen to your body and when your body tells you it is time to rest you need to rest - not go see Wishes no matter how lovely a display it is and how much you want to see it. You do not NEED to see fireworks at the expense of other guests. Can you imagine what happened once they got into the park and the father could not find a place for them to sit to watch? I feel sorry for the guests that he encountered on his search for "a good seat to watch" :rolleyes: !

Big Wallaby - I too chose not to take the safari that trip (along with many other things). DH took the two kiddos while I walked the Pangani Trail. That was great because when we all walked it after they finished the safari I was better able to point things out to the little ones (my middle daughter was only 18 months and my son was 6)!

Cheers-
~Luthien

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:27 pm

What a classic SG!! Everyone has brought up the most glairing fact that the SG forgot! If she can't stand for five minutes, then she shouldn't be going to the park! Jeez you showed great aplomb by not super gluing them to the outside of the monorail!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Honestly, one of the problems I have with people who use the disability system (even those who are legitimately disabled) is those who use it to get MORE than equal treatment. This father was doing just that. The options were to stand, or barring being able to do that, to wait for the next train. He was no more entitled to bump someone off the train or out of a seat than a person in a wheelchair or an elderly person or a small child would have been. The train was full and at SRO. Period. We have that problem at Fant! a lot. We go to standing room, and someone HAS to sit because of a disability, or small children they're holding, or pregnancy, or whatever. We tell them the options are to stand or leave. It's their fault for arriving too late to get a seat when all the literature says get there early. It's your family's fault for not giving themselves enough time to get to Wishes had they missed that monorail. It's not your fault or responsibility to get them there before the show. Your responsibility is to run monorails on a reasonable schedule. You provide limited space for those who use a wheelchair. Otherwise, everyone is treated equally. If there's no room, they wait for the next train. End of story.

Don't let them get to you. They're not worth the effort!

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:40 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:...you showed great aplomb by not super gluing them to the outside of the monorail!!!
Super glue is good. Hot tar (and feathers) could work, too. Or even rivets, except they're not worth the damage to the train. :twisted:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:42 pm

BRWombat wrote:Super glue is good. Hot tar (and feathers) could work, too. Or even rivets, except they're not worth the damage to the train. :twisted:
Bungie cords and duck tape work the best :D:

I have had that pulled on a full bus, my reaction to them is to either wait for the next bus or stand with the other sardines.

I am not afraid to inform them that the guests that arrived first are loaded and seated first. They all paid a lot of money to come to WDW too!

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Driver_dylan » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:35 am

So you will never believe it, Today I was at Magic Kingdom and I saw this group again. This time they were sticking it to one of our seasonal CM's using the same song and dance they had used on me a few nights ago. I couldn't believe my eyes. It just stinks what guests think they can get away with. This time however they didn't get their way, and were forced to wait for the next train even though the father wouldn't shut his mouth.

VISA. It's everywhere you want to be, and a lot of places you don't.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:55 am

Driver_dylan wrote:So you will never believe it, Today I was at Magic Kingdom and I saw this group again. This time they were sticking it to one of our seasonal CM's using the same song and dance they had used on me a few nights ago. I couldn't believe my eyes. It just stinks what guests think they can get away with. This time however they didn't get their way, and were forced to wait for the next train even though the father wouldn't shut his mouth.
I may might have been very "helpful" with "It seems that this may be a reoccuring problem so I suggest you get a wheelchair from your resort so you will always have a seat while waiting for the monorails." Or maybe "If standing is causing your pregnant daughter this much discomfort you should have a doctor give her an exam. As early in the pregnancy as she seems to be, this much trouble may be a sign of trouble. I am only looking out for the health and safety of our valued guests." If either can be delivered with a look of strong concern on your face you can't be accused of anything. Of course the next time after that, you should express even more concern and offer to be helpful by calling for a doctor. The level of fear under the denial can give you an indication of what the scam quotient is. (Among other things such a medic would be able to ascertain that the daughter is pregnant and not just overweight.) And how could anyone accuse you of anything wrong when you are properly offering to give the best service for a guest that has inspired a natural concern for her health and well being. Right? ;)

Of course this all depends on your ability to provide the correct (if possibly just a bit dramatic) body language.

Randy

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:45 am

I still say that if his daughter is 16 and pregnant, they have issues that deserve staying home and dealing with them. Screw the fact that this is the only time Daddy could get vacation, blah blah blah... He and Mommy obviously didn't raise Tammy properly, or she wouldn't be in this predicament right now. Either way, sixteen and pregnant, she belongs somewhere besides Disney World.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:46 am

I hate when pregnant women carry on about all that they can't do while they're pregnant. Now I know that some pregnancies are higher risk ones and the doctor limits your activity, but those people should not be at a theme park, in fact most of those people are assigned to their bed by their doctors and even leaving it to go to the store is a risk.
I worked up until 8 months pregnant and was on my feet all day without a problem. Granted, I did a whole lot of sitting on my ass once I was home, but I was 8 months pregnant, in the lovely maternity dress and walking up and down the parade route day after day, it's really not an issue, in fact most doctors want pregnant women to walk and continue to be active (except, of course, in the earlier mentioned situations)

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:28 am

Randy B wrote: Of course this all depends on your ability to provide the correct (if possibly just a bit dramatic) body language. Randy
In other words.....play innocent ;)
lady ulrike wrote: in fact most doctors want pregnant women to walk and continue to be active (except, of course, in the earlier mentioned situations)
Shoot, I was riding a bike almost daily up until 4 months with Meghyn. The very nice little old man who ran the pizza shop behind my house (and where I ate frequently) kept telling me in his Italian accent "You no-a should-a not being a-doing that" Doc told me as long as I could keep my balance and still see the road beneath my tummy to go for it. Seriously he said the tummy comment. I had a sensible and funny doc.