Park Maps & You

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Park Maps & You

Post by TheManator » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:48 pm

I've never worked for Disney, probably never well, but as a guest...I've noticed some weird stuff:

One year while visiting the WDW resort, Magic Kingdom to be exact, while waiting in line for Space Mountain (this was about a year after the "new" Tomorrowland was just completed for Disneyland in 98)...and there was a group of 4 teenagers ahead of me, about three or five heads ahead...and there was a CM standing there, probably making sure no one would jump ahead in line...

I'm going to interrept this the way I remember it best, and may not be the exact things they said.

Guest #1 (The Blond One) to the CM: Excuse me, I can't seem to find a ride I've been looking for all day.

CM to Guest #1: Sure, I'll be glad to help.

Guest #1 to the CM: I've looked all over Tomorrowland, and I can't find Rocket Rods.

CM to Guest #1: Um, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken; Rocket Rods is in Disneyland.

Guest #2 (Appeared to be Guest #1's brother) to Guest #1: Show him the map!

Guest #1 pointing to parkmap, to CM: See, Rocket Rods is right there on the map!

CM takes good look at map...to Guest #1 and #2: I see what your probably is...this map is from Disneyland...this is The Magic Kingdom, here at Walt Disney World.

Guest #2 to CM: But we rode it earlier this year! Did you guys move it to Disneyland?

CM to Guest #2: No...we have never had Rocket Rods here at Walt Disney World.

Guest #1 to Guest #2: Sh*t...let's go...

And all four just stormed out of the line...I remember looking at the CM and just grinning and laughing my ass off...