Toto, We're not in Amity Anymore

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
RTSPilot
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Toto, We're not in Amity Anymore

Post by RTSPilot » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:34 pm

I was holding in the MGM load zone at Epcot one afternoon when this lady walks up looking confused…..

ME: (dressed in my high-vis purple pants) “Howdy! Can I help you”

SG: “Yes, how do you get to Epcot”

I had heard stories about questions like this, but up to that time, I had not had a verified, SG question of such magnitude. But I was ready…..

ME: “Well, you are already here!” (big smile and arms outstretched for emphasis)

SG: “No, no, I mean Epcot”

ME: “Yes, Epcot” (turning around to show her the big, unmistakable “golf ball”)

SG: “Umm, no Epcot”

ME: “Yes, really, you’re in the right place” (now trying to hold a straight face)

SG: With a perplexed look, she mumbles a slight “thanks” and walks off.

Wow…..

The real kicker is it happened again a few weeks later. Now that I think about it, it might have been the same women.

Maybe an SG ghost forever confusing drivers in that load zone?!? (Insert scary music here).

We may never know… :)

RTS Pilot

SorcererMickey
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SorcererMickey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:29 pm

I think the stupidest guest I know of was at Grand Fla breakfast screaming and yelling because Minnie was racist against African Americans and ignored their table. (Minnie was on break probably in hysterics) Technically Minnie is black except part of her face, right? This man finally got so irate that Grand Fla management brought Minnie's friend out. She was African American herself. Some people just want a free whatever.

stefunierocks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by stefunierocks » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 pm

Im one of those people that other people constantly love to talk to, Idk. I look friendly or something.

I make costumes for a living, and constantly when im at Joannes. Women come running at me with trim and fabrics and asking me if this and that matches and wanting my opinion on this pattern and so forth. Its so bizarre.

It happens at Disney too.

I was standing in Fantasyland, right near Liberty Square, waiting for my friend to come out of the bathroom. When a frantic looking women walks by me. Comes back and says "Do you know where the spooky castle is?" I laughed. lol. I said, 'You mean the haunted mansion?' She said NO. My SON said its called the Spooky Castle. I said 'Well, cinderellas castle is really the only castle here, Pirates is a fortress...and this is the Haunted Mansion. (pointing into LS) She rolls her eyes at me and walks off YELLING 'doesnt anyone know anything around this g-- damn place!!?'

I watched her walk up to the CM outside the HM and have the same conversation... lol So now when we go, we're like "lets go ride the spooky castle" :D:

Been to Disney 200+ times.

Next trip: Oct. 12 for MNSSHP.

dizneeluvr
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by dizneeluvr » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:29 am

we just came back from WDW and Universal. while in Universal, a SG was giving the employee a hard time about something, asking stupid questions etc. she was getting really annoyed. finally the SG left i looked at the employee and said, so, what time is the 3 o'clock parade? she looked at me, scowling, we don't have a 3'o'clock parade here, i said "gotcha", and put the smile back on her face.

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:19 am

Aw, now I want to go ride the spooky castle again!

I got asked the 3:00 parade question again a few months ago! I love that question! We used to do this great activity in new hire orientation at Universal. We'd send someone out of the room, and then give little strips of paper to a couple of the remaining students. The banished team member was then instructed to come back into the room and walk up to the front of the classroom as if coming in to work for the day. Each team member who had a slip of paper was to stand up one at a time (the papers were numbered) and ask the walking team member the question on their paper. There were about 6 or 7 questions: "Where's the restroom?" "Do I get a AAA discount?" "Can you tell me where the restroom is?" "Where's the restroom?" "What does my hotel card get me?" "Where is the restroom?" "What time are the fireworks?" It was always funny seeing the new person's reaction. The restroom question usually illicited different answers each time, even though the team member had been told where in the park they were supposedly walking. The fireworks question always got a great reaction though. We'd get any number of times! Problem was, when we were doing this activity - Universal HAD NO fireworks! The point was to show that they needed to be quick on their feet, know their park and work area, and that they would get asked the same things day in and day out, but they had to make it sound like they were answering for the first time.

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:11 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:The point was to show that they needed to be quick on their feet, know their park and work area, and that they would get asked the same things day in and day out, but they had to make it sound like they were answering for the first time.
That's a great exercise! I'm already thinking of how we could apply that to where I work!

And by the way: can I come ride the spooky castle with you? I might be a little late though, I'll need to see the fireworks and the late run of the 3:00 parade first! :D:

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:32 pm

You got it! The 3:00 parade begins promptly at 4:15 so be there or be square!

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:14 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:You got it! The 3:00 parade begins promptly at 4:15 so be there or be square!
I knew it. :cool: (and all these years I figured it would start on time) :(

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:04 pm

3 pm is when the preparade show starts at the other end of the parade then there is the meet and greet with characters and well it takes about 75 minutes for the show to actually to get to this point.

PrinceOfSka
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PrinceOfSka » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:48 pm

yesterday the guests were a little jumpy, although I did little constant shooting because of rain I had one of those incidents where guests are standing in front of what they want, except this person got pretty irate:

Guest: (already huffing) "Where can I see my pictures?"

me - almost directly in front of Coverstory in MGM (where the view stations are for the park) -
"Right there (pointing) in Coverstory"

Guest: "No No... where is the place I can see my pictures"

Me: "right over in this building, the one that has red and black stripes. It is called Coverstory"

Guest: "I don't want a F****** Newspaper, I want to see my pictures."

Me, taken aback: "um... we don't sell newspapers in there so there is no worry about that, it is just the name of the store. You can view your pictures in there."

Guest: "I want to see my pictures on my photofast (she may have said photopass, but I swear it sounded like fast) not some newspaper images."

Me - now just not knowing what to say: "I am sure if you go in there, the photographers behind the counter can help you find what you are looking for."

Guest: "You are a prick."

Me: (just kind of quiet and in shock when they walk towards the park exit instead of ten feet to Coverstory...)

I have no idea what happened lol... I am still in shock about this one.